• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Blackmist

Major
80 Badges
Nov 26, 2004
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Semper Fi
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
Let's Play 900 years

A CKDV-EU3:IN-Ricky-HoI2 megacampaign on Fridays EST 21:00-1:00 AM
Episode 4 : Hearts of Iron 2 DD-A
(previous episode)
(Victoria AAR - HOI AAR)​

For over eight centuries kings and people have battled, building ever more impressive empires. As their power keeps growing and technological progress makes the world smaller, power-mad despots and glorious generals are finally getting their first glimpse of the supreme power : a world united under a single flag, but which one ?

This is the continuation of our grand campaign, on Fridays EST 21:00-1:00 AM. And a big thanks goes out to King of Men for helping us keep this game going with his excellent conversions.

Last edited:
General Rules​

Taken from the NSRAN grand campaign for the most part.

• The game will continue if at least two players are present and one of them can host. Exceptions may be made for Christmas weekends and such; these will be agreed to beforehand in the forums.
  • Most important rule: No flaming, OOC insults, or general asshattery.
  • No swearing.
  • Treaties of non-aggression, alliance, etc, are only enforced by the honour of the players. However, where an exchange is agreed to that would, in reality, be instantaneous, but which requires more than one step due to game mechanics, it must be honoured. For example, "Sell me province X and I will sell you province Y".
  • No exploiting lag.
  • You may declare war upon anyone at any time unless previously forbidden by the GM (this should only be the case in the event of a country shifting players, being reconstructed from AI errors, etc.).
  • It is forbidden to attack a player who is currently AI. If attacked, you should not take more than five provinces in the peace treaty. A player who has been away for three consecutive weeks is fair game, however. Enforcement of the "five provinces" bit becomes progressively weaker as the player's absences increase, even if the three consecutive weeks clause is never invoked.

Guidelines for peace

• These are guidelines and not hard rules; they are offered as suggestions to make the game pleasant.
  • It is suggested that peace negotiations should be done in chat, rather than by the ingame diplomacy methods. A nation which is losing a war may initiate peace talks by asking what their foes are demanding, eg "Ok, ok, what are your terms?" or alternatively one may inquire if an opponent is ready to negotiate: "Do you want to talk yet?" In either case a response is strongly suggested; it is very rude not to respond to a request for negotiations, particularly if an enemy is asking for terms.

House rules

All rules will be enforced by the iron hand of the GM. Sanctions available to the GM include, but are not limited to: verbal warnings, editing out the results of forbidden actions, removing resources or units, editing in dissent or nationalism, and outright bans from the game. We got to 1836 without any of this, let's go for another 20 years.

The most important rule is to be polite, gentle of speech, and positively courteous at all times. Even when you are slipping the dagger into unmentionable places, or someone is doing the same to you. In particular, do not swear at people. This applies both to the game and the forum thread. Calling someone other than the GM an 'inveterate backstabber' is allowed, however, especially if done in-character in an AAR. Calling the GM an 'inveterate backstabber' is not forbidden, as such, but make sure your back is to a wall which you trust to have no secret passages in it. Do not taunt others for misfortune; it will come back to haunt you, and anyway it's no fun.

Game balance, playability, and edits.

The current GM is Blackmist.

• It is forbidden to load as other nations in SP, or otherwise use SP to find hidden information.
  • If a player nation is satellited, it must remain a satellite for at least three years.
  • You may trade blueprints freely.
  • Wars must be declared in public chat *before* the button is pushed. This must be done in the form "X is declaring war on Y", to avoid misunderstandings. Only the player who will push the button needs to give warning; allies may join or not, but warnings are not required of them.
  • You may not pause to deploy units. You may not deploy to captured provinces.
  • Air and naval bases must be built through the province interface, not by the general production queue, except for the first level of air bases in a province - representing prefab buildings and dirt runways.
  • You may not strategically redeploy a unit that is next to an enemy unit.
  • Do not use the exploit of surrounding an enemy capital and not taking it.
  • Due to the stupidity of AI and the ease of which it can be exploited any AI nation that is not a satellite may not be brought into an alliance. If a player wishes to protect an AI nation from attack it may be allied for the duration of the war but it is not allowed to accept free blueprint offers from the AI nation during this time (resources are allowed but must be cancelled once the war is concluded)

Last edited:
Overly-Nazi critical powers ENGAGE!

A CKDV-EU3:IN-Ricky-HoI? megacampaign

Well I think we've firmly decided to do the HOI part.

[*]You may not pause to deploy units. You may not deploy to captured provinces.

Bad memories from EU3? :p

Roster

France: Blackmist
Normandy: Kuipy
Byzantium: OrangeYoshi
Pakistan: Zalder
Malaysia: Ccbasin
Netherlands: currently AI

Currently looking for a player for Netherlands.

Pakistan is actually Mughalstan and Malaysia is actually Malacca. :D

So what do I need to replace ? the provinces.slv and Yoshi's file ?

Are u looking for a completely new netherlands or a sub? If the first I would like to join, altough I have little experience with HoI MP. (Just played my first real game.)
But reading the other 900 year game AAR (that with KoM) was great.

Are u looking for a completely new netherlands or a sub? If the first I would like to join, altough I have little experience with HoI MP. (Just played my first real game.)
But reading the other 900 year game AAR (that with KoM) was great.
Comepletely new. We haven't had a Netherlands since around 1880. They are rather powerful, have a lot of resources, and are in a rather fun position.

I can send you the mod files you'll need so you can get set up. You can check the AAR thread for their current size and the rest of the world's position.