• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Menficedec

Private
68 Badges
Aug 6, 2009
  • Rome Gold
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For The Glory
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • 500k Club
Each time I try to save i Have a message error and a CTD (with a nice message asking if I want to ignore, cancel und abandon, each causing a CTD). I'm running on 64bits Windows 7 and purchased AoD trought impulse. Does anyone has had the same problem and a solution?

This is a serius issue - but i have not many ideas on what could be wrong.

The most plausible would be a too strict UAC - try running the game as administrator.

This is a serius issue - but i have not many ideas on what could be wrong.

The most plausible would be a too strict UAC - try running the game as administrator.

Tried it and it still said the same thing "Couldn't open file: scenarios\save games\*save file name*.eug"

do you have the "scenarios/save games" folder?

i will send a note to johann that impulse has made an error there
or better yet - in patch 1.03 i will make an auto create for the folder

might not be an impulse issue. Maybe some windows blocks the application access to com and doesnt allow it to create folders on its own. Maybe not installing the game in the protected "program files" section might solve that problem as well.

I had exact same problem with GamersGate version, using 1.05. I moved the entire thing out of the "Program Files" directly into "C:\", then changed the "target" and "start" info in the properties screen on the shortcut. Problem solved.

There is a page somewhere that shows exactly how to do this, but basically you right click on the shortcut and scroll down to "Properties", then you change the info as suggested above so it says "C:\ArsenalofDemocracy\" (essentially remove the "programfiles" parts. (again, provided you moved it to C and not somewhere else....) Windows won't let you change it to a bad location, so it's semi-foolproof.

My friend had this same problem, after trying the fix idea of moving it out of program files we were able to get the game to save, but are no longer able to get our LAN games to work--we can't join each others game. We had previously been able to, despite the problems with saving. Has this been caused by moving the game directly into C-drive?

It's not so much as a Microsoft issue but the installation. When the game is being installed you'll want to run the setup as administrator (this will create the folder) but the catch is that when installing you don't have that option since the auto-installer (from Gamersgate...don't know about other DL sites) just installs it where you point it too (IIRC the default is program files). The best solution is to select a directory outside of program files (or, if on a 64 bit version outside of program files(86) also). Unless you know how set windows permissions after the installation, stay away from either program file directories.