• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Stigandr

Captain
51 Badges
Dec 11, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
Ok guys, I have been given the challenge of doing a Kingdom of Jerusalem AAR.

Here are my thoughts on setup:

HTTT version: 4.0 (mostly to avoid messing with my WWM, though I'll be using Vanilla for this AAR)
Lucky nations: Random
Difficulty and AI Aggressiveness: Normal. No, I'm not one of the elite players here, KoJ will be hard enough as it is.

Starting nation: Aragon. I'll take little care of Aragon, but just try to get the KoJ released as quickly as possible.

What do you all think? I'll try and get the first chapter written over the next few days (unless it all goes horribly wrong!), but apparently this hasn't been done before, so I'd love to hear your input!

Last edited:
Tuore, that's the plan. As soon as KoJ is released, I'll switch to them.

Zitanier, what an honour!:cool: I'm amazed though; I would've thought KoJ would attrack as many alternative history types as Byz!

Very interesting idea. Haven't seen KoJ AARs in EU section yet.

Deus Vult!

Huzzah! You must unleash the might of the crusader upon the unsuspecting heathens. A bonus - since your capital will be in the Levant, if you control the Papacy, you can crusade damn near anyone.

Tuore, you still can!

I've just found out I have to be a monarchy to release KoJ, so I'll either have to do it with another nation, or convert to a monarchy as Venice. :-D

Certainly not OutsiderSubType! That would be giving in to the ways of the heathen enemy!:D

Hmm, it would take a long time to research to the tech needed to get a monarchy, so I'm tempted to re-start with someone else.

What do you think? Achaea for the easy Greek shift? But they probably wouldn't have the manpower to take on the Mamluks. England, France, Castille, Aragon, etc, would all have trouble doing the Greek culture shift. Perhaps Naples? I could go for a few Greek territories like Epirus, then go for Judea, then sell off Italian provinces, go for the Greek culture shift, then release KoJ! :-D What say you, O Wise Forum-Goers?

Kingdom of Jerusalem: Let's Get Biblical!

:rofl: Thanks guys, those are some great names, I might adopt them as chapter titles at some point!

But who do you think I should be to release Koj? :) I'm leaning towards Naples.

So play Crusader Kings. :p

Naples is fairly poor, and will take far too long to move their capital or anything. So I'm now looking at doing it with Aragon, since the Catalans were quite fervent crusaders, and an isolated Catalan KoJ is quite a cool image.:)

As it turns out, KoJ doesn't get the culture of whichever nation released it; it just becomes Cosmopolitaine. :rofl: So I don't get my Catalan crusader state.

I've just switched over to KoJ, and will try and write up how it occurred over the next couple of days.

It's a pretty dire situation!:eek:

How do you upload screenies so that they're not just thumbnails at the bottom? Most AARs have screenshots interspersed amongst the text, how do you do that?

Last edited:
Sign up with www.photobucket.com. There are others, but PB is reliable and easy. Once there upload your photo and a code is provided that looks something like this [IMG ]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h175/antracer/MILAN%20AAR/PR_1113.jpg[/IMG]. Just post that into the desired place and it will show as a fullsize screenshot.

There is some more info available here.