• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kuipy

Colonel
62 Badges
Jan 18, 2007
jwrdk.free.fr
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
900 yeAARs of AARs
A CKDV-EU3:IN-Ricky-HoI2:DD multiplayer megacampaign
Episode 3 : Victoria Revolutions
(previous episode - next episode)
(game thread)

Here comes the third episode of the collaborative AAR of our ongoing Megacampaign.

Last edited:
TABLE OF CONTENTS

First session : 1836-1845

Second session : 1845-1858

Second session : 1858-1869

Third session : 1869-1882

Fourth session : 1882-1896

Fifth session : 1896-1908

Sixth session : 1908-1917

Seventh session : 1917-1927

Eighth session : 1927-1936

General reference

Last edited:
allygree.jpg

Hello, Byzantines. Care to go..
...spelunking?

allyrus.jpg

Hello, Russkies. Care to go..
...byzantines?

normandy.jpg

Basic overview after restart.
Of Normandy.
I should pay more attention when I click things...

aarrewards.jpg

Dutch America near the end of the session. Industry is slowly rising as paper trickles in - my main limitation is not money, nor machine parts, but the basic goods. God damned profit seeking bastard players! :mad:

In my first years, very little happened. I attacked and defeated Aldjazair for 6 provinces, leaving him with only the capital.

I set up a nice economy with a decent profit with lower taxes than at the beginning, and no need for tariffs, which is a good thing because I'd be hit by the tariff bug if I needed them.

About 6 years in, I remembered that I could build factories, and so I built a couple.

I recruited the beginnings of a real army seeing as how my irregulars couldn't even fight off the rebels from my earlier conquests. A lot more troop building will be needed, but only as resources allow of course.

At the end, I had almost occupied all of Sokoto, and they'll be taken for all their worth at the beginning of the next session.

Indonesia 1836-1845

Sultan 'Abd ar-Rahmân Shâh III stood on the balcony of the Imperial Palace gazing at the busy Malacca harbor. Having risen to such great heights in such a short time was no small feat for a once small trading nation in Southeast Asia and looking at the bustling ships and vibrant city below usually filled the Sultan with great pride in his nation and people.

However, the Sultan had a tremor of doubt today in the power of his nation. That doubt could be expressed in simple terms.

It was not enough.

Of course his thoughts turned to the damn Europeans. After all, it was a visit of a French warship in 1700 that had started his people on this path. Then Sultan Sulaymân Badr Shâh II had invited its captain and officers to dinner. Through shrewd table talk, the Sultan had gotten a realistic picture of French power and goals. After that, it was a simple matter to slip traders into the major European powers and the reports they sent back spurred the Sultan into action. There could be only one way to guarantee the independence Malacca for the future. His people must become like the Europeans in technology and drive while retaining their culture and religion.

So, Malacca had turned from trading to warfare. They had turned conquistador to insure their future. Assam, Bihar, Champa, Dai Viet, Bali, even the Dragon throne itself had fallen under the footsteps of Malacca until the nation had more power than any of its prior Sultans could have believed.

However, the other nations in the world had not stood still. They too had gathered power onto themselves until the whole world had been divided into seven nations. Each was more powerful and developed than Indonesia and thre Sultan no longer was confident his people could maintain their place.

Then below, in the courtyard, his son ran along the lawn. His eyes softened suddenly as his boy showed surprising speed as he ran, trying to outpace his handlers.

Then the Sultan eyes hardened. Here was a reason to fight, to struggle to preserve his lands and his people. he must be strong for his son until he could take his place as the next great Sultan.

This will be short.

Indonesia spent the whole session trying to to industrialize in simple terms. Paper and Lumber where the commodities in short supply. Luckily, Indonesia will get its first tech at the beginning of next session which will allow me to build the Lumber yard which can fuel my paper needs. After that, all my factories will be filled in short order.

On the military front, I am threatened by the massive buildup by Mughalistan of 200+ Irregulars. I am building Infantry as much as I can but small arms are the limiter here.

Here is a end of session screen shot for our readers. (Enewald, this means you!!)

1845status.jpg

Last edited:
Holy cow Iceland and Malta have 8 and 9 factories in their one province :eek:. And there I was hesitating about annexing them.