• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

King_Richard_XI

Duke of Miža
41 Badges
Nov 20, 2008
www.wikipedia.org
  • Cities in Motion
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Ancient Space
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Stellaris
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • 200k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
~For Germany and Christendom, a Teutonic OrdAAR~
teutoniceagle.jpg

Welcome to my second attempt at an AAR. In this game I shall be playing as that well-known Crusading order, the Teutonic Knights. My goal is simple:
Brain said:
To rule the world!
Oh wait, it's not that.
It's to defeat each and every nation that joins the Holy Roman Empire, so that I own every province in it.
Here is my starting scenario (handy map sold seperately.)

tostartposition.jpg

Expect updates only to occur on weekends, as I have very little free time.

Wish me luck!

Last edited:
Teuton AARs never get old!

I think those are the requirements for forming Prussia, tho.
Meh, I assume they're the same.:p

Anything to keep you away from the Strange Screenshots thread is welcome :rofl: Good luck!
Oh no, another game means more Screenies!:D

Anyways, I'm working on update number 1 already. No pics, just describing the start of my road to glory.:)

Teutonics eh? Well, that's gonna be interesting! Now shoo, and go get Jerusalem!

Teutonics eh? Well, that's gonna be interesting! Now shoo, and go get Jerusalem!
We were driven away from there along time ago. I'm going to make a new Zion out of Marienburg!:p

Leave Scandinavia (and France) alone and I shall follow ;)

Leave Scandinavia (and France) alone and I shall follow ;)

I have no intention of attacking either in the near future. All my efforts will be on annexing the Empire. In fact, because you've all waited so long, here is Part 1.

I hope you caught the sarcasm.:p

~Part 1~
In which diplomacy commences

It was 1399 and the Teutonic Order was looking to expand. Having seen the brutality with which the neighbour states warred amongst each other the Master of the Order resolved to unite the various states under one German banner. His plan was simple - annex each and every province and kingdom to join the Holy Roman Empire. With the generals of the Order agreeing to this ambitious plan, they commenced their great campaign.
Within a matter of weeks the Order had formed an alliance with Bohemia, Poland, Pommerania and Muscowy. Sweden proposed a trade agreement, but their diplomats were turned away. Not realisng that the Swedes had been sent off unsatisfied, many neighbouring states offered the Order trade agreements as well - none were accepted.
The Order rapidly exhausted their manpower reserves by raising 4000 men to support the feeble army of 2000. They knew war would soon come to their shores, and they were not eager to face it.
When war did come, it arrived from many fronts. First Poland and Bohemia requested help against Moldavia and Hungary, respectively. The Poles were turned down, because Moldavia was not part of the Empire, but Hungary's allies Wurttemburg were. Soon Muscovy invaded Yaroslavl, dragging the Order into that conflict as well, though their troops were not expected to arrive in time for the siege. As such they remained to defend the Order in case of attack.
The Order's main army of 4000 men was put under the command of their ablest (and only) geneeral, Ulrich von Jungingen. They bravely forged their way to Wurttemburg, where they laid siege to the garrison after all but annihilating that nation's army en route. By some bizarre fluke of attaining two Cardinals the Hochmeister became Papal controller. He was most impressed.

~Part 2~
In which Holy War is fought
Approximately 1 year after commencing their grand plan, the Knights were thwarted by the own allies, when the Hungarians accepted a peace offer from Bohemia that was not worth it. The Order was forced to withdraw from Wurtemburg and commenced searching for an opportunity to expand elsewhere.
Using the powers of the Papacy, a Crusade was called against the Golden Horde. Soon the Oder had sent 9000 men via Muscovy to invade the Khanate's territories, and there was no resistance as they besieged one of the cities. Najd and the Ottoman Empire were both allied to the Mongols, but neither sent soldiers to their aid. Even they soon requested a White Peace and left the war. Pommerania and Muscovy both refused to aid in the war effort, however. The loss of those allies was followed by Tver jumping on the bandwagon, and aligning itself with the up and coming Teutons. Bizarrely, Muscovy decided to re-ally with the Order. Frustrated though they were, the Hochmeister had little choice but to accept the proposal, as vital Military Access was at stake.
Najd hurriedly evacuated themselves from the war, first demanding vast reserves of money, and then accepting an insane peace offer.
pacifism.jpg

The Treaty of Najd. This has a far different name in the country itself, but the ignorant Teutons prefer that easy-to-remember name.
The Mongols were a very different matter, however. Even when 5 provinces had been seized they refused to accept a peace deal, even a ceasefire. After discovering 3 new provinces, the army was wiped out. Only 3000 men survived the battles in and around Kazan, the last stronghold that the Teutons had taken. Evacuating their armies, the diplomats with the convoy offered a tribute of 25 ducats to the Mongols for peace. It was accepted. All in all, even though vast numbers of casualties were suffered the Order had been very successful, especially with the Vassalisation of Najd.

You couldn't wait until the weekend, huh?

Great start my friend.

You couldn't wait until the weekend, huh?

Great start my friend.

Thank you very much Range, glad to have you along as well.:) Good luck in your own up-and-coming upcoming AAR.:D

A Teuton AAR! Most excellent!

Good work thus far, I can't wait too see more!

A Teuton AAR! Most excellent!

Good work thus far, I can't wait too see more!
Tomorrow through Tuesday I hope to play further in - no promises though, as I may be going up the country for the weekend.

Tomorrow through Tuesday I hope to play further in - no promises though, as I may be going up the country for the weekend.
Make sure you don't come to my town, its in the 0.01% of Ireland that doesn't have high speed internet:(

Great start, any country ruled by a ''hochmeister'' can't fail to be brilliant
Are you allowed to take any provinces outside the HRE?

Make sure you don't come to my town, its in the 0.01% of Ireland that doesn't have high speed internet:(

Great start, any country ruled by a ''hochmeister'' can't fail to be brilliant
Are you allowed to take any provinces outside the HRE?

I am, but my goal isn't to do that. I just don't want a nation that isn't contiguous - so all my provinces have to end up united.

I hope your town isn't in Waterford.:p

~Part 3~
In which Riga is eaten whole
By mid-1406 the armies had returned from the East and a new one had been trained, bringing the size of their forces to 7000 men. The Order's merchants ranged far and wide, and were the dominant traders in Novgorod with a sizeable foothold in Lübeck as well. The Hochmeister, Konrad von Juningen, desired to expand their territory, and Riga and Mazovia were both vulnerable. Riga, though a member of the Empire, had no allies and no possible hope apart from the Monarch of Cleves, who was an incompetent ruler. With the knowledge that they would be unhindered, war was soon declared on the Order of Riga. Cleves soon excused themselves from the war, paying a pathetic 11 ducats for a ceasefire. The Teutons did not intend on wiping them out, however: they knew that an feeble emperor would be no trouble to handle later on.

In Riga the Hochmeister panicked on seeing the vast armies of Teutonic Knights decending on them. Horrified, he called one of his aides to his aid.
"Hans, what are the GREYMEN doing here?? "
"I believe they just declared war on us, Hochmeister Johann!"
"Quickly, muster the garrison. We must defend my Hoch! "
"Sir, I believe Hoch is an adjective."
"Silence! "

The armies of Riga were constantly on the run from the feared Teutonic Knights, and after fleeing across the nation they were chased to Kurland and wiped out.
The war ended with the Siege of Riga itself, and that city was subsumed into the larger Order. It had come to Konrad von Jungingen in a vision that they should expand the army; they promptly did so. Pommerania was to be the next target for the Order, and so the troops were mustered on the Order's southern frontier. By now the merchants in Lübeck were the dominant traders, as they were in Novgorod. This greatly increased the wealth the Order had to the point that they had a vast surplus of money. This was vital, as they had long ago stopped receiving donations from the Christian lords of Western Europe to fight Pagans.
The Pommeranians were chosen as the next area of expansion as they had few allies of import; only Hamburg, Denmark, and Mazovia were likely to aid them, as well as the Emperor in Cleves. This meant that the Knights would be able to expand into Mazovia as well - ideal locations for the expansion of the Order. With the plans in place, Konrad waited for the armies to be trained.

Last edited:
Teutonic Order? Niiice. I like playing them myself. I'll be following