• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Rex Francorum

General
47 Badges
Jan 29, 2001
  • Cities in Motion
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • March of the Eagles
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
Maximilien_Baviere.gif

Hello all,

Many years ago, I started an interactive AAR (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13149 ) based on EU 1.

What made this AAR an interesting one what the RPG part of it. I would like to participate again to a such experience.

I would like to play Bavaria from January 1, 1649

-Why Bavaria ? I want to play a medium sized country. Too big would make it too complicate. Bavaria is nicely located so it can intervene in Germany and Italy.

-Why january 1st, 1649 ? Bavaria received the Electorate rank in 1625 from the Emperor but it got confirmed in 1648 at the Treaties of Westfalia. So why 1649? I want to start a peace time. For management reasons I prefer to start on January.

As for the game options, I would keep them mostly untouched except monarchs (where I would keep the historical one). All the rest would be "normal". As for the lucky nations, I would prefer to nullify that.

How the AAR would work? At start and after 1 or 2 years of playing, I (playing the Elector in the rpg part) would discuss of the orientation of the country with members of a Council (played by the others people). Each aspect - finances, "research", diplomacy, army, etc. - would be reviewed.

I would provide the company with informations about the country on a web site I am intending to create. (like this one - nothing fancy - )http://www.geocities.com/prussiaaar/)

I am playing EU3 complete (version 3.1.)

Any interested? To start, I will begin playing with at least 4 players so the Council will have at least 5 members.

In some fancy dreams, I hoped of a 2 "Councils" system which would make the RPG prevent over the game playing actually. But let begin simply by 1 Council.

The web site address is http://bavaaria.webs.com/ (it is at an early stage).

To contact me, write here or at electormail@yahoo.ca

-------

To help readers, here are links to every session of the Council:​

1st Regular session (1649)
1st Extraordinary session (1649)
2nd Regular session (1650)
3rd Regular Session (1651)

Last edited:
Marschall Adolf van Schneider reporting for Duty mi'lord.

Edit: Birth Date 3/7 - 1627
No children.

Last edited:
Oh maybe I did not presented it enough clearly...

Each player would "play" a character from noble origins. (use your imagination. Have a german name. A birth year, a genealogy - for marriages etc.)

The Council should hold a starting reunion. I will give at this moment the information about budget, diplo, province status, army status, technologies, yearly number of merchants we have etc.

Because it is a council, it will be often in session. So feel free to intervene at the frequency you want. A quorum will be necessary however for votes (50%+1) . It depends the number of members participating. So, you would be invited to discuss on all topics but if army interests you more, freel free to look more closely at it.

Yeah, a count or something like that. The more the better :)

Try to give me some genealogy (i.e. your birth date, children name and birth date). No death date ofc... RPG will be in charge of that.

Will add you on the web site (give me a few days to complete it - will be busy sunday)

Yeah, a count or something like that. The more the better :)

Try to give me some genealogy (i.e. your birth date, children name and birth date). No death date ofc... RPG will be in charge of that.

Will add you on the web site (give me a few days to complete it - will be busy sunday)

Can I be Großherzog of Oberpfalz? Erzherzog? Kurfürst? Fürst?
Or if not a Herzog, a Markgraf? Landgraf?
Or if not a Markgraf, than just a Graf.

Birthdate?
Let's say 30.2.1629. :p

Childrens names;
-Sigmund, born 1650
-Philipp, 1652
-Lothar, 1654
-Karloman, 1658
-Sofie, 1660
-Wulfhilde, 1664
-Almerich, 1666

Okay, I'm Alexander von Enewald, Markgraf von Oberpfalz.

Last edited:
Oh, choose what you want, except Großherzog (sounds a bit too highly ranked, no?) so feel free to be a count or a duke... I am the Kurfürst - Prince Elector. ;)

And for the children, remember there is a rpg part... so you character could die so he would be replaced within the council by his succesor ;) But maybe you could make your character older? in 30's or 40s so I can marry your "children" - still in the rpg part.

Click on players name here: it will give you an idea: http://www.geocities.com/prussiaaar/ (its from my old aar web page)

Yeah to make it simple, Council seats are hereditary.

Last edited:
Can I be Großherzog of Oberpfalz? Erzherzog? Kurfürst? Fürst?
Or if not a Herzog, a Markgraf? Landgraf?
Or if not a Markgraf, than just a Graf.

Birthdate?
Let's say 30.2.1629. :p

Childrens names;
-Sigmund, born 1650
-Philipp, 1652
-Lothar, 1654
-Karloman, 1658
-Sofie, 1660
-Wulfhilde, 1664
-Almerich, 1666

Okay, I'm Alexander von Enewald, Markgraf von Oberpfalz.

Good for the name and title but can you make your char a bit older so your child are born before the game actuallty begins - we are still in 1649 :D. Other solution, keep secret the list of your children birth year and add them up in the rpg part of the game..

Thx for your participation you and Nodscouterr. :)

3 of the 5 seats in Council are taken...

When are you gonna get the web site operational then?

If you have your starting council on tuesday or monday I can't come.

Graf Thomas von Ortenburg, born 12/6/1602
Children:
1) Maximilian, born 1627
2) Matthias, born 1627 (I guess they are twins :D )
3) Brigitte, born 1633
4) Daniel, born 1641
5) Karolin, born 1647

Welcome :)

Will add you to the list.

Finally, updated the web site so the informations you need are they - starting vital informations and screenshots showing maps, ledger and different sections of the menu... Will add another time the "biographies".

I provided too the save game file - in .rar format.

Dear Lords, enjoy your time on the web site. http://bavaaria.webs.com/

Hmmm, Interesting. It would seem that our standing army only numbers 1,000 cavalry and 3,000 infantry. Perhaps we need to improve it as the Habsburg threat grows ever larger...

Oh and btw, I was born 1627, not 1629!

We must definitely focus on increasing the might of our army and be prepared to destroy the Habsburgs.
Also a hell lot of more cash is needed. :p

Plus we need to get Franken back to the holy Catholic faith or convert to the UN-holy protestant faith.

Edit: I have made a list of reasonable targets for our glorious expansion: Mainz, Saxony, Wurttemburg, Ansbach, Wurzburg, Baden and finally, the Palatinate. However, not Salzburg, as they are austrians and may attract the anger of Austria.

Last edited:
Nod,

Your character's children should ideally be born before january 1st, 1649 . If they aren't, as suggest your list, keep them on a secret list so you can add them when we will play the actual years.

Keep also in mind that death years should be left blank since it is the rpg what will happen to our characters (including children). Who knows what will happen in 1668 or 1671 (presumed death year of 2 of your child)... So if you want to make them die on battlefield, try to put it in the context of the "story". :)