• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish paradox would comment on these community 'fixes'.... like ah, yeah we should look into that... or no don't do that, that's bad... or great idea, nice catch, etc. etc...

I would also like to know if we are 'helping' them track down things...

Of course we are helping Paradox track down things. This is why they make the code so open and easy to modify. Part of the fun I've had with HoI 1 and 2 has been watching the community build an ever better game.

As far as Paradox commenting on these community fixes, I imagine they are focusing their time on putting the ones that work into the next patch. You can be confident these improvements are noted by the masters. Note also this sticky by Johan:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=419935

My laptop HOI3 can't read 100+MB save game files, but my PC(which is better) reads up to 120. And both are laggy to the hell :)

Sorry about the link going down, i must have moved it yesterday and forgot to set it back up. Link is back with a different version.

I spent a long time yesterday trying to figure out why it was corrupting one of my saves. I thought I found the cause but now i'm not sure. It works for every other save expect this specific one. Well I'll upload it anyway seeing as everyone seems to be having a successful time with it.

Oh tnx to the guys that rehosted.

HoI3SaveCleanerA3.zip

Last edited:
Is that using A3? The one I just posted or the older one?

Upload here mate: ifile.it (as .txt better so it doesn't get the month non-document wipe out) :) It's stable host and really good one.

Does the cleaner delete all the War_With entries (not sure coz I did mine manually). If so, maybe it should leave behind 'one of each' of the War_with entries.

I always leave one of each behind and have not had any issues (I wasnt taking any chances).

I have noticed that there are a number of different places this War_With entry appears. Under Japan and Italy to name just two..

Cheers,

#Cakes

Upload here mate: ifile.it (as .txt better so it doesn't get the month non-document wipe out) :) It's stable host and really good one.

Thanks for the recommendation but DropBox is something I'm never going to stop using. It's such a great app. In fact I'm pretty pissed off I didn't think of it myself :rofl:

The reason the file went down last night was my own error not the host. Ok I've fixed the diplo bug and uploaded it again. it's still called A3 just to confuse people =p

Once again I spent about an hour trying to track a bug that caused a crash when the game tried to autosave. It turns out the original file also suffers from that crash so it's NOT the script causing it but a seperate HoI3 bug. Looks like ill be going back in time in my game :(

Does the cleaner delete all the War_With entries (not sure coz I did mine manually). If so, maybe it should leave behind 'one of each' of the War_with entries.

No it doesn't. It only removes duplicates of the ones its read before.

So, is there a save game cleaner around? Tweakd, same url as the first one you posted?

Last edited:
Great contribution Corporal Cakes!

Has anyone filled a bug report on the Bugs thread? I don't see any of the Paradox team in this thread and even if it's not a game killer it is a serious bug.

Invader_Canuck: I'll try the script, if I have proplems I'll let you know. If you don't hear me then all is fine and I'm busy playing the game. In any case I thank you immediately!

"HoI3SaveCleanerA3" can compact savefiles.
However, the cleaner cannot recover big savefiles.

Of course, "HoI3SaveCleanerA3" is cool. ;)
A few savefiles of mine was saved by "HoI3SaveCleanerA3".
I thank the author. :rofl:

Thanks for this solution, Tweakd.

Btw.: History repeats itself. When HoI1 was published, the save game files were corrupted in a similar way. I remember that it took half an hour too load them... Fortunately, very soon there was a community tool around simular to yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.