• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

OHgamer

Victoria's Plastic Surgeon
38 Badges
Jan 28, 2003
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Victoria 2 Beta
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
This thread is dedicated to help people having problems with the installation or running of VIP:R 0.3 on their systems or other related technical questions. If you have technical issues regarding downloading VIP:R and installing it, this is the thread for you.

The correct installation order for this mod is :
V:R 2.01 + VIP.R 0.3

The developers highly recommend that players create a separate installation of Victoria:Revolutions on their desktop before downloanding the mod. Make a duplicate copy of your Victoria:Revolutions folder from your Hard Drive onto your desktop and then have VIP:R 0.3 download to your duplicate copy of your Victoria:Revolutions folder. As Victoria does not support mod:dir functionality, the separate installation on your desktop will allow you to play base Victoria:Revolutions as certain VIP files must overwrite the base files.

This mod is desinged for and was tested playing at normal difficulty/normal AI aggressiveness levels. Players who play at higher or lower levels may find game behavior to be different from the intentions of the mod.

Due to the large quantity of events and AI files, it is recommended for best performance of the mod that players play the game at moderate speeds (Normal or Above Normal) and save and reload their games every couple of years of gameplay to "refresh" the game engine. Games played at very fast speeds or for extended periods without refreshing run the risk of the engine "skipping" events.

Can I install 0.3 over my old 0.2 installation?

Can I install 0.3 over my old 0.2 installation?

No, must be a clean installation over a clean (preferably desktop duplicate) copy of V:R.

Savegames in VIP:R 0.2 will not work with 0.3, so either finish old games before downloading or start a new one with 0.3

So one installs regular Victoria, and then Victoria: Revolutions, then the 2.01 patch, and then VIP:R 0.3?

2.01 patch was included in the download from Gamersgate and AFAIK all the commercial releases on hard disk.

So All you need is Victoria : Revolutons and VIP:R 0.3

having trouble

I just started a 0.3 MP game, and chose China... Then i received a windows error message saying the game could not find...

Scen/VIPScen/POPS/AFR_Ivorycoast.csv

I had a quick look through my directory and couldn't see it either.

This is from a clean install of Vic, Rev and then 0.3

Any suggestions?:wacko:

EDIT: 0.3 standard game and Lite version starts ok

Last edited:
The multiplayer campaign is screwed. Don't play it! Not until it is sorted, anyway (or you fix it yourself - see below).

There is an easy fix for this, and it is as follows:

• Copy the "VIPscen.txt" file, found in the "...\scenarios\" folder.
  • Copy the lines:
    Code:
    ENG = {	}

FRA = {	}

PRU = {	}

AUS = { }

RUS = {	}

SAR = {	}

HOL = { }

USA = {	}

TUR = {	}

CHI = {	}

NIP = { }
    ... from the HeaderMP.eug (in "...\scenarios\VIPscen\eugs\") into the copied VIPscen.txt
  • Delete the VIPscenMP.txt file (found in the "...\scenarios\" folder) and rename the copied VIPscen.txt file to "VIPscenMP.txt" so that it becomes your multiplayer campaign.