• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Subi

Second Lieutenant
70 Badges
Nov 2, 2006
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Island Bound
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
The Ultimate Showdown

Here's a question for you. What would happen if you had every guarantee everyone else's independence and had two random countries declare war on each other? How would the dominoes fall? Who would end up fighting who? Who would emerge as the ultimate victor? Well thats what I'm here to find out.

Here's how it works. I've modded the game a bit, so that in theory the declaration of wars should cascade across the globe and bring pretty much everyone to war with everyone else. Here is what I have changed.

• All alliances are dissolved. Commonwealth, Axis, Comintern, Japanese, and Chinese alliances are gone.
  • All puppets set free.
  • All armies, navies, and air forces have been deleted. Countries now have to rebuild everything.
  • Every country has guaranteed the independence of every other country.
  • USA has become USA, CSA, Texas, and California
  • Soviet Union has become Russia, Byelorussia, Ukraine, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Transural Republic, Siberia, and Primorsk.
  • Egypt made independent.
  • For the fun of it I released Indochina.

napreview.png

supreview1.png

supreview2.png

indopreview.png

So feel free to make a prediction on who you think will come out victorious.

To start it all off, those notorious Bhutanese warmongers declare war on Nepal.

1-start.png

The Scoreboard:

1)
19)Angola
20)Transural Republic
21)Manchukuo
22)Brazil
23)Peru
24)Rhodesia
25)Turkey
26)Benin-Sahel
27)Hungary
28)California
29)Portugal
30)Chile
31)Indonesia
32)Oman
33)Philippines
34)Congo
35)Persia
36)Azerbaijan
37)Yemen
38)Poland
39)Yugoslavia
40)Turkmenistan
41)Spain
42)Guyana
43)Iraq
44)Sarawak
45)Czechoslovakia
46)Somalia
47)Austria
48)Finland
49)Equatorial Africa
50)Malaysia
51)Nepal
52)Jordan
53)Indochina
54)Lebanon
55)Bhutan
56)Latvia
57)Guinea
58)Libya
59)Xibei San Ma
60)Norway
61)Netherlands
62)Panama
63)Nicaragua
64)Sudan
65)Honduras
66)Syria
67)Palestine
68)Sierra Leone
69)El Salvador
70)Luxembourg
71)Cameroon
72)Egypt
73)Ukraine
74)Liberia
75)Italy
76)South Africa
77)Georgia
78)Canada
79)Costa Rica
80)Armenia
81)Ethiopia
82)Turkey
83)Tunisia
84)Algeria
85)Siberia
86)Mongolia
87)Ecuador
88)Byelorussia
89)Mozambique
90)Mexico
91)Sweden
92)Bolivia
93)Yunnan
94)Pakistan
95)Primorsk
96)Morocco
97)Denmark
98)Switzerland
99)Texas
100)Tibet
101)Shanxi Clique
102)Sinkiang
103)Paraguay
104)Estonia
105)CSA
106)Belgium
107)Afghanistan
108)Saudi Arabia
109)Tannu Tuva
110)Guangxi Clique
111)Venezuala
112)Haiti
113)Albania
114)Uruguay
115)Kazakhstan
116)Tajikistan
117)Burma
118)East Africa
119)Bulgaria
120)Nigeria
121)Uzbekistan
122)Kyrgyzstan
123)Communist China
124)Colombia
125)Germany
126)Mali
127)Gold Coast
128)Romania
129)Lithuania

Update I - January 1, 1936-January 1, 1937
Update II - January 1, 1937-June 1, 1937
Update III - June 1, 1937. January 1, 1938
Update IV - January 1, 1938-May 1, 1938
Update V - May 1, 1938-July 1, 1939
Update VI - July 1, 1938-January 1, 1939
Update VII - January 1, 1939-July 1, 1939
Update VIII - July 1, 1939-January 1, 1940
Update IX - January 1, 1940-July 1, 1940
Update X - July 1, 1940-January 1, 1941

Last edited:
Interesting, will be following.

Tibet will be the true winner with her armies of Yak Calvary!

seriously, you're going to let the AI run the game itself? It's gonna be a AI vs AI war?

What happened in Europe? Poland, Czechoslovakia, Hungary and Germany seem to have gone at it already. :eek:

I bet for Albania as the first to be killed.

What happened in Europe? Poland, Czechoslovakia, Hungary and Germany seem to have gone at it already. :eek:

Hadn't noticed that. Don't worry though, you can ignore that. I took the screenshot of Europe there while I was testing it out beforehand and naturally things turned out a bit different there. But I made a few changes after that screenshot was taken, and its not from the game I will be using.

Also, what country will you be playing to monitor events?

Has dissent been removed too? Because then Nat. China really has a chance. Otherwise I'd go for USA. No serious enemies on the continent and it has a decent amount of provinces. Germany is right smack in the middle of everything and will go down faster than one might think.

In the end the isolated countries will pull through the longest.

Greatest idea ever. Also playing the song in the background really helps. I hope this goes on for a century too. Do you have no limit mod or when does it end?

This is a very interesting idea for an AAR and I'll be following it, though I think that Bhutan is being a little over-enthusiastic here. It does help to check that you have an army before deciding to go to war. ;)

What is the situation for the United Kingdom? Is the starting IC more like what the United States is, or are they more like they are in the '36 game? If they are more like the US, and being situated on their pretty island, the United Kingdom could stand to dominate Europe. And the flip side, I don't think Germany is going to have problems despite being in Central Europe. Russia will be torn apart with break-away nations all around them and a weak starting IC. Germany will have the strongest industrial base in Europe, twice the size of their next closest competitor -- France.d

The United States should win in North America, the biggest threat will be the dandy Dixies who I'll be wanting to win (though the US should have no problem against them).

China isn't going to have any success, especially since all of the 'Warlord' nations are around and Nationalist China has a weak IC in the beginning of the game which only increases after the Marco-Polo Bridge Incident and the Japanese invasion. In Asia, Japan will be, bar far, the most capable nation.

I break down the superpowers in their respective category and continents:

North America: The United States, followed up by a far distant Confederate States of America.
South America: Brazil, closely followed up by Argentina.
Europe: I place the UK first as they actually sit on the continent and an enemy navy has to built to invade her, followed up by Germany as the continental power, then a more distant France and Italy in the background.
Asia: Japan followed up by a far distant China.
Africa: South Africa in terms of 'free countries,' followed by Ethiopia and the United Kingdom
Oceania: Australia.

And now for my pre-game prediction: The United States of America vs. United Kingdom vs. Germany vs Japan. And winner will be The United States. Well, I eagerly await this; especially to see if my predictions will hold true... ;)

Has dissent been removed too? Because then Nat. China really has a chance. Otherwise I'd go for USA. No serious enemies on the continent and it has a decent amount of provinces. Germany is right smack in the middle of everything and will go down faster than one might think.

I did remove all the dissent I could find from the inc files, and I think I got it all. And yes, I have installed no time limit.

What is the situation for the United Kingdom? Is the starting IC more like what the United States is, or are they more like they are in the '36 game?

The UK should be just like the 36 game, with the exception of the loss of Egypt. IC at the start is 110/146. For the record, the US' IC in the screenshot is from when they were at war, and is a bit lower at the very start before they declare war on anyone.

THERE WILL BE BLOOD!!!!!!!!

This is a great idea....

Oh come one! Let us rednecks up in Washington be the leaders instead of those snobby pricks down in California! But seriously, gotta vote for California and the Pacific states of America!