• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HoI3 Writing Contest - Top 5

• Watch out for vegetables... by cocodtim

Votes: 16 7,0%
  • Fall Weiss by demokratickid

Votes: 35 15,3%
  • Doktor Strangelove, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Hun by Llywelyn

Votes: 45 19,7%
  • OUR LADY of SORROWS - The Seven Tragedies of Poland by robw963

Votes: 62 27,1%
  • Here is Europe as the cool empire of P0L4ND!!! by Storm501

Votes: 71 31,0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

canonized

Heartbreaker
73 Badges
Oct 10, 2006
forum.paradoxplaza.com
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • March of the Eagles
hoi3writingcontestfinal.jpg

Official Hearts of Iron III AAR Contest Comment Thread

Please leave comments here for any discussions or questions. Singletone Mosby and I will be answering any questions here as well and we hope you all have fun!

Please go to the rules: click here. Good luck!

We Are Currently in the RUNOFF phase of the Contest

Here are YOUR Top Five (and Guaranteed Winners of Free HOI3) Picks in No Particular Order:

Fall Weiss by demokratickid: A poem about the German invasion of Poland.

Watch out for vegetables... by cocodtim: A young girl dreams about vegetables at war.

Doktor Strangelove, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Hun by Llywelyn: In a Dr. Strangelovian plan Poland wants Germany to invade them.

Here is Europe as the cool empire of P0L4ND!!! by Storm501: Mussolini goes after Albanian women and world conquest.

OUR LADY of SORROWS - The Seven Tragedies of Poland by robw963: In seven steps the tragic fate of Poland is described.

Please Vote in the Poll Above for Who will Receive the Grand Prize of the Signed Hard Copy of Hearts of Iron III . The Four Runner Ups will receive their Free Copy of HOI3 via gamersgate

If you are a contestant please provide Singleton Mosby and Myself your e-mail and gamersgate username . Good luck !

Last edited:
Oh, I can't wait to read the high quality writing! I know there shall be as there is a most worthy prize. One thing...do we actually use the screenshots in our posts (such that we use [img*...)

Wait...did poland conquer lativia?

Last edited:
I can't wait to see who'll be the first to write a "First across the border!!! POW! ARrrrghghgh" AAR or a variation thereof. :)

...Sadly, such an AAR would have no chance of winning since those voting based on true literary merit would, no doubt, be outvoted by the hordes of HoI forumites who were upset that the AAR entirely failed to mention which particular type of bullet the first soldier across the border was slain with (and whether he was a '36 or '39'er.

Wait...did poland conquer lativia?

If you want to, why not ;) But, if you look really closely you can see a slight difference in color.

On the '[img'; You don't have to use the screens, you can use part of the screens or you can use them as they are, whatever you want. As long as the story is based on some of the information from the screens.

Wohooooo, AAR contest!!!!
Super, but I'm not the best writer so I'll just step aside and read.

BTW it's bad that they left the battle report format unchanged.

One of the screenshots (#5) seems to be broken.

Looks like one of the screenies isn't working - I see the first four and the last one, but the 5th one gives me a red X.

Scratch that. 3 Threads announcing it and one comment thread. That makes it four :p

Also, are more than one entry allowed?

Hah...my one is already up there, bound to lose ;) You guys will let me get a fourth runner up, k? Thanks in advance.

BTW it's bad that they left the battle report format unchanged.

Bad?

Horrid. Vomit-inducing. Tastebud-shrivelling. Same goes for the unit sprites. Bleh, I say, bleh!

Anyways, I'll watch the entries, and hopefully enjoy them (Peter Ebbesen, dont let the HOI fanboys discourage you, write your entry, I'll vote for it out of spite at least), and get the game after the first expansion:)

I still don't get this screenshot. Exactly what kind of HQ is Warszawa HQ? Theater HQ or maybe Army Group HQ? Does it have an HQ above it or is it the top HQ of Poland?
It is whatever HQ you want it to be - if you write an AAR about it. Don't worry about niggling details, worry about writing a good story. :)

I still don't get this screenshot. Exactly what kind of HQ is Warszawa HQ? Theater HQ or maybe Army Group HQ? Does it have an HQ above it or is it the top HQ of Poland?

X Brigade
XX Division
XXX Corps
XXXX Army
XXXXX Army Group
XXXXXX Theater

Warszawa HQ is the highest HQ in Poland.

Personally, I'm more confused about the presence of Tadeusz Pełczyński's presence in the Polish cabinet. I thought he'd been removed in January. :confused:

Also, the rules do not limit the writers to one AAR per person. If somebody wins all 5 prizes, I'm going to be very upset. :mad:

Furthermore, I'm curious as to why screenshots were posted if we don't have to use them, but we can use any other HoI3 screenshots or graphics, as specified in the first rule.

Furthermore, I'm curious as to why screenshots were posted if we don't have to use them, but we can use any other HoI3 screenshots or graphics, as specified in the first rule.
As an obvious plot hook for people who are not used to writing stories but assignments.... or don't spend their time living in the HoI3 forum. Furthermore, some people respond better to assignments than a more free form writing experience, even when capable of both.