• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(85277)

First Lieutenant
1 Badges
Oct 8, 2007
forum.paradoxplaza.com
  • Hearts of Iron III
Playing on HoI2 - DD 1.3a
Hard/Furious
Rules: Must not join alliances, must not DoW axis if the Bitter Peace hasn't happened or Germany hasn't been annexed

The target is to get all of the former parts of Spanish empire under Spanish control.

hope you enjoy

Rebirth of the Spanish Empire

125px-Flag_of_New_Spainsvg.png

large-spanish-empire.jpg

Prologue - The beginning of the revolution

Spain - July 18th 1936

It was a seemingly peaceful day, but the reality was shocking. Just a few hours back Spain had split in two halves. The nationalist front led by Fransisco Franco Bahamonde had started a coup'detat with the assistance of most of the Spanish army. A civil war had begun.

Capture-46.jpg

The nationalists gather their forces together and start advancing. For the surprised Republican front gathers their army in Madrid to get it combat ready. While the Republicans are getting their army ready the Nationalists advance without any resistance.

Capture-56.jpg

Will the Republicans manage to stop this coup? Is Spain to become a militarist nation? If so... then what awaits it? Only time will tell.

Last edited:
The Spanish Civil War part 1

The Nationalists kept advancing to the direction of Castellón. Franco wanted to isolate Barcelona from the Republican mainland so the Republicans couldn't reinforce the defense of the city. Another main objective was to capture Madrid soon, but before that more troops would be needed in that area.

Capture-57.jpg

On july 21th the nationalists suffer a minor setback when one of their leaders, José Sanjuro dies in a plane crash. However this must not change anything. The coup will proceed as planned.

Capture-58.jpg

The next days were one big nationalist celebration when both Germany and Italy decided to openly help them in their war sending troops and weapons to the nationalists. With this these turn of events they surely could not lose anymore.

Capture-59.jpg

Capture-60.jpg

I've always wanted to do a game like this. However, after your first few nations taken, you might get DOWed by the US. And that wouldn't be good :p

Let's Hope the Republicans don't get support from France and Britain, or this war may last a little longer than optimal.

I've always wanted to do a game like this. However, after your first few nations taken, you might get DOWed by the US. And that wouldn't be good :p

What the hell is the U.S going to do as they're up there in the North? They have military access to Great Britain but I don't really expect they would go as far as invading the mainland Spain :D I suggest that this guy gets some South American nation to ally with Spain, so that he can bring his armies in there. There's no way he can bring a transport flotilla as far as there without a navalbase.

Well, recreating the Spanish empire will certainly require stepping on a lot of toes. Particularly those of America and Britain. Good luck! :cool:

One thing: Sanjurjo wasn't one of the leaders. He was the leader. ;)

Other than that, I will follow this. :)

What the hell is the U.S going to do as they're up there in the North? They have military access to Great Britain but I don't really expect they would go as far as invading the mainland Spain :D I suggest that this guy gets some South American nation to ally with Spain, so that he can bring his armies in there. There's no way he can bring a transport flotilla as far as there without a navalbase.

But there is a solution, I don't even think you have to invade portugal to do this, either. Wait until Vichy fires, and dow vichy, and a transport can reach the closer carribean vichy french islands. I didn't think about that till it was to late, myself.

Good luck. After your empire, the World!