• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

unmerged(115311)

4chan is so mature today
4 Badges
Sep 20, 2008
www.facebook.com
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
86962022.gif

-36 multiplayer game, tweaked 1.3b 2 Arma

Anything between 8 - 15 players! :D

The Hiensen Rules with some customizing.

The game will be played once a week during Saturday evenings, so most updates will be on Sundays!

Visit the Photobucket group album for some unpublished pics.

THE MULTIPLAYER THREAD

Untitled-4-6.gif

THE WORLD, MAY -40

This will be an AAR of the game, players will post stuff from their own country's point of view. So feel free to comment or give some advices, because every major power and even some minors are human players.

EDIT: Ok, some the 5th game is underway. There is always room for new players! :)

Last edited:
1st Session: Jan 36 - Jan 37

ENG:
secco - Laggy, substituted by FrostPegasus

GER:
TeemuL

SOV:
Storm501 <=== Host

FRA:
Nazi_Lt - Had to go

JAP:
juspedude

ITA:
Gregory

CHI:
Hatuke

HUN: DvD-IT

ROM:
mice82

SPR:
FrostPegasus - Substituted UK

YUG:
Hax - Banned

The game didn't start exactly perfect. After gathering 11 players we got it going at 1930 (GMT+2). Because Nazi_Lt (the first host) increased speed too much, players lagged behind. UK was 3 months behind! So we had to rehost. UK still fell behind, so eventually we had to replace UK. If that wasn't enough, we needed a new host, coz Nazi_Lt had to go, so I had to step in.

I kicked Hax coz he was getting on everyone's nervers. Also he and other 2 unassigned players tried to get to the game again. So I did a lot of clicking BAN. I banned a person and he comes back?! Shouldn't it block the person?

Anyway we got the game finally on the road and sticked with above normal speed. Lags weren't a problem anymore and we were making steady progress. Shortly after midnight we reached -38. Japan and China were pausing a lot in the final days on -37, because there seemed to be a major encirclement forming. But I'll leave it to Hatuke and Juspe to explain. ;)

screensave52.gif

Finally some action, the Spanish civil war has begun!

screensave53.gif

Yay, Republicans encircled Madrid and eventually won! 5 MP and a free blueprint, not bad. :)

screensave55.gif

The beginning was boring, so everyone played a lot with spies. All the countries wanted to steal Italian techs (including me). Also we tried to save the world and assasinate Göring... not much success though. :(

screensave56.gif

Yay, finally some human-human combat! :D The Japanese started VERY slow and only got 1-3 provinces during the first month. According to Hatuke, half of his army was guarding the beaches, even 9 divs per beach?! So we didn't see any landings... Finally the Japanese encircled Beijing (20 divs) and advanced to the river. There they sat for another month until they finally broke through. Some Japanese divisions, 4? got encircled. In -38 the Japanese progress isn't that bad anymore. But I'll leave the battle report for Juspe and Hatuke.

screensave57.gif

Now what is this?! The Guanxi war event didn't fire, but when Japan dowed China, the commies got that land. How is this even possible, lol? :rofl:

screensave58.gif

Not much to tell about the Soviets. Building some factories in Siberia and infa in the strategic positions. Also might do some forts when I get the final construction tech. HQs are ok too, I want to avoid building too many obsolete divisions, because upgrading with the Soviets is super expensive and slow.

Last edited:
What didHax get banned for :p

Will every single player give their own reports on the action. It should be pretty interesting what the Hungarian player is saying about their war :D

I think what happens is the Commies demand territory from Guangxi as it's not Guangxi cores.
Or something like that.
:D
Looks interesting, I probably should know this but who are SPR?
Republican Spain?

A) Yeah, SPR is Republican Spain.
B) I didn't go to war with Guanxi, I actually allied them a few months before they usually DOW to free troops for the north. Normally, if the war dosn't happens, the Commies get that part of Guanxi I didn't get. But I ain't commenting. At least their 79 experience divisions will stay longer in the game :D

Since one player was banned is there any chance of joining up with this AAR? I got good connection of 1mb internet and got quite some exp with MP gamply.

I would play:
-CHC (Kinda most interested in it)
-TUR
-YUG (If necesarry)

Allthough the Japanese and the Chinese are busy throwing rice into each others eyes, it was in fact our glorious armies who got to taste combat first.

20090221202553.jpg

The result. Our brave men conquered all of Ethiopia in honor of Il Duce. Surely this shows that our armed forces are the best in the world! How can anyone hope to stand before the Regio Esercito Italiana?

From then on, our main focus was on improving our industries, and our goal of 80 base factories was accomplished in December 1938 despite the British trying to interrupt us.

Our technological accomplishments have'nt been left unseen by the rest of the world. We have received reports of spies trying to infiltrate our facilities from United Kingdom, France, Soviet Union and Republican Spain. Surely, with this many of our adversaries jealous of our technological advancement, Italy is a force to be reckoned with!

What didHax get banned for :p

You can't behave. You use caps lock all the time and insult people and act childishly. We are not going to play with people like that. You are hereby BANNED from the game.
Because of that. He is apologizing and asking for a second chance. Personally I'm way too forgiving and can't stay mad at people. :D ...But because there are 9 other people, we will vote on to take him back or not.

Will every single player give their own reports on the action. It should be pretty interesting what the Hungarian player is saying about their war :D
That is the idea, I won't and can't focus on the whole world in -41. I don't expect everyone to always post, but it would be nice to see things for different a point of view. ;)

Since one player was banned is there any chance of joining up with this AAR? I got good connection of 1mb internet and got quite some exp with MP gamply.

I would play:
-CHC (Kinda most interested in it)
-TUR
-YUG (If necesarry)
Hmm... I think we could take one more, althrough we don't have a shortage of players either. Most of us are medium-low with MP experience, so yea, you need a challenging nation. :D

Depends what hatuke thinks about CHC... 3 players fighting in China then, but I'm ok with that.

Turkey and Yugoslavia were previously requested too, so we made some special rules for them. Turkey can join the Axis if they take Suez, or the Allies if the Axis dow Turkey... like that's going to happen. :D

2.2 Yugoslavian alliances:
- Yugoslavia is neutral unless DOWed
- Yugoslavia can join the Axis if it cedes Italian, Hungarian and Bulgarian cores in it's territory (Via Demand territory). Provided that these countries are in the Axis or about to join the Axis.
- If Germany invades Yugoslavia, instead of annexing, Germany can propose a peace that puppets Yugoslavia and gives Hungary, Bulgaria and Italy its claims. Germany gets Slovenia, but the 2 provinces won't be German cores.
'
Here are the Yugoslavia rules, some are quite interesting...

But it's your choice, so post in the MP thread. ;)

Last edited:
GERMAN POST

I didn't take any pictures, but I can tell something.

I have been building mostly factories, but I have also started a serial of FTR:s. I have also a serial of militias going on:cool: They are going to conquer the world for me.

I have also made many trades with my good neighbor Soviet Union.

Next time I will have more to do and maybe I could take some picture

unk-serf.jpg
"Divided we shall fall, United we shall conquer."

Ever since Chiang Kai-Shek took over control of the Kuomintang from Sun Yat-sen, China slowly began rebuilding itself from the ashes and started advancing in the 20th century at a steady phases. Even though numerous technology had to be ignored for the Kuomintang to reach this point, their lack was only slightly felt as Chiang focused mainly on the modernization of the Chinese industry and improving the condition of the armed forces. He was determined to make out the Kuomintang forces one of the most professionals armies in Asia, yet the Civil War, the Sino-Japanese war and numerous economic crisis pushed China way behind schedule, being considered at best a mediocre nation when talking about it's industry. Now, in 1936, after the crisis were over, Chiang re-started his projects to modernize China, even with the Civil war still in full swing. Yet once again, Chiang plans to modernize China were left a lowest priority, with the population felling neglected and angry at the fact that the Kuomintang cannot achieve a one, united nation. As such, a part of the Chinese industry was sent towards the production of consumer goods to appease the people and buy time.

In the summer of '36, the the Chinese Civil war was finally brought to a halt, more well known in the west as the Xi'an Incident. Peace was signed between the two nations, the Communist being left in isolated in their mountains while the Kuomintang was re-organizing it's armed forces, splitting the whole of China in three fronts. Chiang Kai-Shek, the leader of the Kuomintang, took the position of supreme commander of the Manchurian/Shanxi front, preparing the troops for any Japanese threat coming this way. At first, the warlord was not happy about having Kuomintang troops marching around their country, but after intimidating them by the sheer numbers of the Kuomintang army and the Royal Japanese army, the warlord decided that it would of been best to ally with Chiang rather then be split apart between the Kuomintang and the Japanese.

The Southern front, respectively Gunaxi and Yunnan, was assigned to the German military envoy, Alexander von Falkenhausen and was assigned to prepare for an upcoming war with either of the warlords. Although such a war was not to be seen, as after only 1-2 months after Shanxi entered an alliance with the Kuomintang in August, Guanxi and Yunnan followed, each a month after the other. When the news hit Chiang, he ordered Falkenhausen to come into Shanxi, to control the military forces that shall be stationed in Beijing and to command the center of border (Beijing-Kalgan) while Chiang controlled the west and the east (Tianjin-Jining).

Withe the re-deployment of Alexander, the southern front was rubbed off the map and was assigned to Long Yu, the leader of Yunnan and the commander of the third front. He was assigned to protect every beach from any possible foreign invasion, and was assigned more then half of the combined Chinese armies. Chiang was aware he could not challenge the IJN's supremacy of the sea, as such he ordered the construction of several fortifications on the beaches, thus freeing up more troops for the front line.

As such, the united Chinese army was organized and China's industry was catching up with the west at an alarming rate, being well ahead of numerous nations in the quality of machine tools. The rest of the funds aquired were assigned to Alexander Von Falkenhausen to research better tactics for the Chinese army, for numerous corporations in Nanjing to research better computer technology to make the governments life, easier, and for the purchasing of supplies for an upcoming invasion.

War maps were drawn in mid '37, a few months before the Declaration of war issued by the Japanese, for the invasion of Manchuria and Korea in the spring of 1940, once the northern front could of been manned properly and the armed forces brought to modern standards. Yet, fate hasn't smiled upon Chiang as the Japanese issued a declaration of War upon Shanxi, the Kuomintang and Gunaxi in the summer of '37. Now, war loom's over asia again, as a united China is preparing to face the hardships of a second Sino-Japanese war.

Chiang ordered for no commander to retreat from his front, no soldier to falter under the onslaught sent their way by the Japanese, and to make them pay for every kilometer of land gained with the death of thousands. For the first month of the war, the whole front was brought to a stalemate, the Japanese making no initiative into Shanxi and not daring the attack the Chinese positions at the beaches. As such, Chiang decided it was time to take the offensive and prepare for an invasion of Manchuria, to reintegrate the country back into the Kuomintang. A full invasion was ordered in August(?) on the entire northern front, yet it failed miserably, leaving their positions open for a Japanese counter attack that was to come very soon..................................

................................ As November made way for December, the Japanese forces began advancing into Kuomintang territory, managing to cross the yellow river in the center of the front. Up until this point, the front was stabilized at a river line, with most of the northern front being focused in Communist China, hoping for an opening to invade. Yet such an opening never came and forces were ordered to head down south, to the freshly captured Xi'an by the Japanese. Even though Chiang had numerical superiority, the number of forces were even in the northern front and even with the new tactics developed by Alexander, the Chinese could not turn the tide. The Japanese were not letting them rest on any front and most of the army was outdated, using weaponry from the Great war while the Japanese army was up to date with modern standards. The biggest success was the encirclement of forces in two provinces bordering Xi'an. After a failed Japanese relive attack on Xi'an, the four cavalry divisions were sent to their death a month/two months later. But not on all front were things as bright. In the west, Long Yun ordered the retreat of a part of the northern beaches, totaling a number of 18 divisions, without counting the ones retreating from Shanxi. The center front was as well in a desperate situations, being severely undermanned and un-organized. Retreating units could of been seen from miles away.

Finally, as '37 made way for '38 The new front was organized, Armchair Mao commanding the west, Alexander the center and Chiang the east. Now, the Chinese army prays and waits for the next assault.

ScreenSave0.jpg

ScreenSave1.jpg

ScreenSave2.jpg

ScreenSave3-1.jpg

ScreenSave4.jpg

ScreenSave5-1.jpg

ScreenSave6-1.jpg

The Empire of Greater Japan

It has gone a long time since The Victorious Manchurian incident, which Hirohito recalls with a great pleasure. Now, in 1936, he is hungry again and eager to gain more power on Asia, to become a true commander of eastern part of the world! First step to supremacy is to crush the divided and tiny China, which has been a real pain in Japan’s neck through the ages. Fortunately, they’re fighting against each other, and this gives a major advantage to us.

For a start, we had to increase our industrial capacity, so that when China has been destroyed and it is time for next steps in our plan, we are more competitive and powerful. So, we started producing factories in the four most resource-rich provinces. Remaining industrial capacity was used to reinforcements and upgrades.

In The 2-2-6 Incident we decided to listen to their demands to gain more effective ministers and helpful sliderchanges.

After the 2-2-6 incident and few more minister changes, I consentrated to remove the dissent, and after that, producing infantry divisions for the China war.

China had gathered a respective amount of troops to north, while all beaches were heavily garrisoned. So landings would have to wait, and all infantry and about 15 garrisons were stationed to north. Due to a chinese predominance in numbers, i had to advance carefully. Fortunately, Hatuke friendly helped my struggle by makeing foolish attacks against my well trained and leaded forces, and by forgeting 20 divisions to beijing ;)

screensave6x.jpg

I continued my advance slowly but confidently, never really feeling unsecure about the progress. I fortified the Commie border and focused to south. When i reached Heifei and Hankou, I noticed Hatuke has left only one divison to Shanghai, so i took my newly trained infantry divisions and landed there. Im not sure if i can make a huge encirclement to north from Nanjing but we will see. It's not important for the whole campaing though.

Next time we also will see if i can rescue my poor cavalry divisions from encirclement in Baoji and Nancheng.

Till then...

It should be pretty interesting what the Hungarian player is saying about their war :D

THERE YOU GO!

0x2-01-Chatroom.jpg

Here's the magnificient soon-to-be-R.I.P. Valkyrienet, full as it has never been before. It was a sight too grand not to screen it, even if it's frickin' Hungary screening it. Oh well.​

0x2-02-AusBlue.jpg

After several problems, the game kicks in. Hungary has many interesting things to do like moving divisions from Budapest to Gyor and from Gyor to Budapest and--AUSTRIANS! They will pay dearly for this. But, aside from that, our magnificient country is really a powerful one and can really swing the world history course from one side to another of the impossible...​

0x2-03-Dramatic.jpg

Can't you feel the power by solely looking at Hungary?​

0x2-03-2.jpg

0x2-03-3.jpg

THIS IS H-- these are our nine most powerful divisions. Alright, our whole army consists of nine divisions. And one TAC squadron.​

0x2-04-YugInd.jpg

But our industry is strong and will greatly enhance our nation! As you can see, we're building a lot of--what's that box?​

0x2-04-YugInd2.jpg

Yugoslavia! Those and the Austrians shall burn in hell! Hampering an emerging nation's progress like this!​

0x2-05-Goering.jpg

In the meantime, Great Britain tries to assassinate Göring out of boredom, currently consuming 20% of the Wehrmacht supplies.​

0x2-06-Encircled.jpg

Finally our expert mapmakers drawed an accurate map of China and told us of a mysterious war between two great people. Divisions get encircled, and stuff like that. Slow stuff.​

0x2-07-Paranoid.jpg

Our great leader feels everyone's got a different perception of time. Or he's paranoid because of the divisions parked around Hungary's borders?​

0x2-08-Ministers.jpg

Il Duce's apparently bored too, and makes an important discovery on the forgotten civilization of Yemen.​

0x2-09-JapProgress.jpg

JAPAN MAKES PROGRESS!

0x2-10-ItaEng.jpg

In the meantime, Italy is annoyed by British misbehaviour and coastal patrols catching British ships taking an innocent sight at Italian provinces. In absence of better equipment and weaponry, Benito himself vailantly comes to the defense of Italian pride and sovereignity.​

0x2-11-ChinaMetal.jpg

And then we're finally aware of a mild Japanese progress in China, who apparently has a shortage on workers.​

Pretty good eh!

lol @ chat.. i would like to kick ass playing as canadian :D

Btw, you play on Normal Speed?

I called dibs on Canada after I get mauled :D

Pretty good eh!

lol @ chat.. i would like to kick ass playing as canadian :D
If you guys ever need another player, I'm here... if someone can help me set up for multiplayer games.
Unfortunately we already have 12 players now, so I think we shouldn't go over that or we might get some problems with the game. But I'll add you to the queue, so if any spots free up, I'll notify you. ;)

Btw, you play on Normal Speed?
Above normal first, had to slow down to normal after Marco Polo.

Last edited:
Fantastic update from Hungary- I can feel the power when you zoom in! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.