• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A most excellent update, one of the best. Alea iacta est, or something of the sort...

This could be interesting. In real life the Soviets were taken by surprise, and used as floor cleaning instruments in the initial stages, but still came through. But then in real life they were only fighting on one front with lots of allies, and in this timeline Germany has those advantages instead. Unless France and Italy decide to start up a couple more fronts just to make sure they're not forgotten? They're bound to do something... Looking forward to it, whatever it is :D

Here are the things that will (probably as I have to be nice.) happen.

1.Yellow Spain joins Nationalists.
2.Soviets advance into India.
3.German front breaks.
4.Germany faces communists revolutions. (Won't happen but would be cool.)
5.Axis demands something from the BCEU.
6.BCEU refuses and goes into war against the Axis.
7.Everything is falling apart.
8.Ireland suddenly destroys all Soviet armies.
9.The world is saved from Stalinism!
10.Demokratickid goes away to work on his (Very Good by the way.) Slovak AAR.

Something like this.

Magnificent update!:)

The Soviets had their war coming, one can only wonder, however, if they are prepared for it or not. Any chance of some intelligence reports on their army, navy and airforce?

The poor king Edward, how long was he King? A few months? I feel pity for him. At least, having been alarmed beforehand, your armies are in place now, and ready for action. Good luck on this early Barbarossa! :)

Thank you!!! :D Not much, though they have 100 inf. divisions. Combined, Germany and I have just over that... We have to be crafty to win in mittleuropa... :) Yeah, just over a year. I'll take that good luck! I'll need it! :D

Too bad about king Edward but thanks to his death the action finally begins.

PS.
Just noticed that George the Immortal didn't create Windsor.

Very true... @PS.- see below

No reason for him to do it, I guess ;).

That's exactly right. There was no WWI, so no German hatred and therefore no changing from Saxe-Coburg-Gotha to Windsor! :)

A most excellent update, one of the best. Alea iacta est, or something of the sort...

This could be interesting. In real life the Soviets were taken by surprise, and used as floor cleaning instruments in the initial stages, but still came through. But then in real life they were only fighting on one front with lots of allies, and in this timeline Germany has those advantages instead. Unless France and Italy decide to start up a couple more fronts just to make sure they're not forgotten? They're bound to do something... Looking forward to it, whatever it is :D

Thank you! :D You're right, we do have the advantage over the Soviets for now, especially with planned fronts elsewhere. Yeah, I just hope b/c their alliance is too shaky Italy, Turkey and France don't declare war... Could you imagine a front that went from Konigsburg to Contantinople? :wacko::rofl:

Here are the things that will (probably as I have to be nice.) happen.

1.Yellow Spain joins Nationalists.
2.Soviets advance into India.
3.German front breaks.
4.Germany faces communists revolutions. (Won't happen but would be cool.)
5.Axis demands something from the BCEU.
6.BCEU refuses and goes into war against the Axis.
7.Everything is falling apart.
8.Ireland suddenly destroys all Soviet armies.
9.The world is saved from Stalinism!
10.Demokratickid goes away to work on his (Very Good by the way.) Slovak AAR.

Something like this.

1. They have poor relations w/ the alliance leader, France, so it's a hit or miss.
2. They will probably try, its just a question if the 13 divisions holding that perimiter can do so effectively.
3. I hope not!
4. I doubly hope not!
5. A scary prospect... :eek:
6. Only if No. 5 happens, though
7. I really hope not!
8. That would be cool... :cool:
9.Wooooo! :D
10. Yeah! Thanks for the plug, Ves! :D

I actually love the name Saxe-Goburg-Gotha. :cool:

Too bad the English monarchs don't speak German any more as their first language. :eek:o

So, where shall Eire fight?

The longest frontline on earth so far?
Have you modded any extra IC, manpower and troops for the soviets to make the game more intriguing?

I actually love the name Saxe-Goburg-Gotha. :cool:

Too bad the English monarchs don't speak German any more as their first language. :eek:o

So, where shall Eire fight?

The longest frontline on earth so far?
Have you modded any extra IC, manpower and troops for the soviets to make the game more intriguing?

Me too... That's why I kept it in this AH and didn't make up a reason or switching it to Windsor. Ja! Vas ist dis parlimunt? In Finland (as promised) and Mittleuropa. Any place else if possible, that is, if the troops can be spared to open another front. I've given the Soviets and extra 40 IC liberally spread around Siberia and another 50 manpower. No more troops, that's up to them to make for themselves... :)

To waaaaaaaaaaar

:D

I do wonder why all your divisions are capped at half strength, though?

I do wonder why all your divisions are capped at half strength, though?

I've wondered myself... In the end, i've just chalked it up to too much liqour floating around the barracks... :rofl:

best update. ever.

The best update will be when (preferably) the Irish Flag with fly on the Kremlin. Actually, any BCEU flag will do. ;)
Which will undoubtfully will happen, ISN'T THAT RIGHT KID? :p

:rofl: If that day ever comes (as I haven't played far ahead AT ALL!!!!) I will make it as grand as possible... :)

Killing him for going out with a kilt? Isn't a bit too much?

I didn't knew that Stalin was so keen on fashion...
yysilba.gif

Great updates, looking forward to seeing the crusade against bolshevism fought to the finish!

I've been wondering why Ireland has the republican tricolor, though - is there a reason it was changed between 'Ireland, Awake' (where it was the Eire flag, was it not?) to this distinctly republican flag?

I've been wondering why Ireland has the republican tricolor, though - is there a reason it was changed between 'Ireland, Awake' (where it was the Eire flag, was it not?) to this distinctly republican flag?

It's called laziness.

But seriously, I think either the flag was the tricolor from the beggining or something happened at the end of ,Awake! that changed it.

Killing him for going out with a kilt? Isn't a bit too much?

I didn't knew that Stalin was so keen on fashion...
yysilba.gif

:rofl: Stalin isn't keen on pants... :D

Great updates, looking forward to seeing the crusade against bolshevism fought to the finish!

Thank you! :) I'll explain below:

It's called laziness.

But seriously, I think either the flag was the tricolor from the beggining or something happened at the end of ,Awake! that changed it.

:p While partially it is laziness, it is also in part to the Anti-Monarchist tendencies of the radicals, such as ISP founder James Connolly or James Larkin. During Connolly's term, he changed the flag. However, that is the flag in use for state events, though it is interchangeable with the one that you can find in my inkwell (link in sig) ... :)

Chapter Twenty One

The Blitz

The first news of any action in the war came relatively quickly after the declaration. Persian armies, long preparing for this moment, had mobilized and attacked the major oilfields of Baku. In a surprisingly short firefight, the Soviets broke and began the retreat at 1700 hours on December 20th. How had the Persians done it? Simple: brute force. About 20,000 Soviets guarded the border and over 160,000 Persians had attacked with 120,000 under the main army along the Caspian and 40,000 supporting with artillery from Tabriz. The artillery, newly updated in 1936, proved critical. When several supply stations seemed impenetrable, precise artillery strikes put them out of commission very quickly.

IA6.jpg

7 hours later, a great event in the history of warfare began:

IA7.jpg

An example of an air battle:
IA8.jpg

Despite superiority in the air for this battle (which was rare to begin with), the Soviet fighters, bombers and interceptors were no match for the concentrated Irish barrage.

During the blitz, when the Soviets attention was focused on the air, a cunning plan by the German Chief-of-Staff, Gen. Beck saw the fall of the first territory in the war. Concentrated Irish airpower and German troops overran the Soviet garrison of Zilina. The critical Slovak border town offered the Germans a chance to weaken the lines as Soviet divisions poured into the areas behind Zilina to defend against any more attacks.

IA9.jpg

The first few days of warfare were perhaps the best short-term campaign the BCEU had ever waged or at least the best since the fall of Vienna. The well-preparedness of the troops and their commanders led much to this heroic fight and gave the BCEU, instead of the Soviets, the critical momentum in the early war. The invasion of Finland was still in the works, and only time would tell if Soviet numbers would lead to a turn around from this early reverses...

aaah, the fall of vienna:cool: