• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(81979)

Cisár všetkých Slovákov
5 Badges
Aug 10, 2007
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Pillars of Eternity
sk-pompo.gif
80px-Slovakia_Coat_of_Arms.png
Historia Slovakæ

My hope is for this adventure to be a history-book style AAR. Of course, most of my attempts at this dissolve into gameplay, but hey, this one just might work! Now, i'll be very frank with you, the reader, don't expect regular updates like with Ireland, Awake! because I simply don't have the time. Everyone has extra creative juices, and this AAR is where I'll be depositing mine...

Praise for Historia Slovakæ:

This is quite good. The language is engaging, the updates are brief enough to be readable, and the story is fun. I love this Vladjo, I love the dry humor, and I like how you credibly age him throughout the story. I also like the injection of a bit of roleplay into your royal marriage decisions. This is the best AAR I've seen from you.

Aha!

I love this King. The man has balls to spare.

Nice work, demokratic[kid]! I like your writing, your maps, and your interesting alternate history -- especially where Byzantium and the Ottomans are concerned.

Last edited:
Table of Contents

House of Presovsky
UNUS
Vladjo I, Part One, 1366-1398, is here
Vladjo I, Part Two, 1398-1409, is here
Vladjo I, Part Three, 1409-1413, is here
Vladjo I, Part Four, 1413-1417, is here
Vladjo I, Part Five, 1417-1426, is here
DUO
Vladjo II, Part One, 1426-1429, is here
Vladjo II, Part Two, 1429-1432, is here
Vladjo II, Part Three, 1432-1436, is here
Vladjo II, Part Four, 1436-1437, is here
TRES
Vladjo III, Part One, 1437-1440, is here
Vladjo III, Part Two, 1440-1447, is here
Vladjo III, Part Three, 1447-1455, is here
Vladjo III, Part Four, 1455-1460, is here
QUATTOR
Marian I, Part One, 1460-1463, is here
Marian I, Part Two, 1463-1466, is here
Marian I, Part Three, 1466-1473, is here
Marian I, Part Four, 1473-1479, is here
Marian I, Part Five, 1479-1486, is here
QUINQUE
Vladjo IV, Part One, 1486-1489, is here
Vladjo IV, Part Two, 1489-1494, is here
Vladjo IV, Part Three, 1494-1498, is here
Vladjo IV, Part Four, 1498-1503 , is here
Vladjo IV, Part Five, 1503-1510, is here
SEX
Methodius I, Part One, 1510-1511, is here
Methodius I, Part Two, 1511-1513, is here
Methodius I, Part Three, 1513-1514, is here
Methodius I, Part Four, 1514-1515, is here
Methodius I, Part Five, 1515-1521, is here
Methodius I, Part Six, 1521-1523, is here
Methodius I, Part Seven, 1523-1524, is here
Methodius I, Part Eight, 1524-1525, is here
Methodius I, Part Nine, 1525-1528, is here
Methodius I, Part Ten, 1528-1543, is here
INTERREGNUM
Interregnum, Part One, 1543, is here

Kings of Slovakia

Vladjo I, l. 1366-1426, r. 1398-1426
Vladjo II, l. 1402-1440 r. 1426-1437
Vladjo III, l. 1424-1460, r. 1437-1460
Marian I, l. 1426-1486, r. 1460-1486
Vladjo IV, l. 1451-1510, r. 1486-1510
Methodius I, l. 1490-1543, r. 1510-1543

List of Wars and Conflicts
1. War of Independece, 1397-1398
vs. Hungary
Victory

2. War of Reprisal, 1401-1403
vs. Hungary
Victory

3. The Bohemian Border Conflict, 1409-1411
vs. Bohemia
Victory

4. 2nd Vladjite War, 1416-1418
with Poland
vs. Hungary
Victory

5. Anti-Vladjite War, 1433-1436
with Poland
vs. Hungary, Austria, Bohemia, Serbia, Bosnia, Moldova, Transylvania, Wallachia, Bavaria and Silesia
Victory

6. Roman Crusade, 1449-1450
with Poland, the Byzantine Empire, Hungary, Bohemia and Hamburg
vs. Ottoman Empire
Victory

7. 1st Hungary Border Conflict, 1452-1455
with Poland
vs. Hungary
Victory

8. 2nd Roman Crusade, 1456-1458
with Poland, Wallachia and the Byzantine Empire
vs. Ottoman Empire
Victory

9. War of the Presses, 1464-1465
with Poland and Bavaria
vs. Brandenburg and Saxony
Victory

10. The Danube War, 1470-1472
with Poland and Bavaria
vs. Austria and Hungary
Victory

11. 3rd Roman Crusade, 1478-1479
with Poland, Moldavia, the Byzantine Empire and Bavaria
vs. Ottoman Empire
Victory

12. 1st Slovak-Polish War, 1479-1483
with Bavaria and Moldova
vs. Poland
Defeat

13. 2nd Slovak-Polish War, 1489-1490
with Hungary, Bavaria and Pommerania
vs. Poland and Moldavia
Victory

14. 4th Roman Crusade, 1492-1494
with Hungary, the Byzantine Empire and Serbia
vs. Ottoman Empire
Victory

15. 2nd Hungarian Border Conflict, 1501-1503
with Bavaria, Moldova and the Byzantine Empire
vs. Hungary and Bulgaria
Victory

16. Slovak Civil War, 1511-1515
Methodists (Loyal to the King)
vs. Legitimists (Loyal to Count Stefko)
Victory for Methodists

17. Great Religious War, 1523-1528
with Austria, France, Sweden, the Byzantine Empire, and Bulgaria
vs. Poland, Pommerania, Brandenburg, Bavaria, Hungary, Savoy and the Papal States
Victory

Record: 16-1

Last edited:
Slovakia is a nation now? :D

This could be interesting.

OMG YOU ABANDONED IRELAND, AWAKE DIDNT YOU?!?!
Just kidding, Will read like I read through Ireland.

Great! Unlike you, I am a lousy commentator, but I really enjoyed Ireland Awake, so count me in!

Thank you Alfred, it'll be great to have you along! :D

I think this is the first Slovakian AAR in EU3 I've ever seen. Well good luck withc conquering Europe.

Yup, or so says the librAARy! I'll try... :D

Finally the great democratickid comes to EU3 with an AAR. Good luck!

Thank you, Qorten!

Slovakia is a nation now? :D

This could be interesting.

Yup, self-added. I wouldn't reccomend my mods for it, though, because I'm still working through all the kinks. I've had CTD three times now, but I think I got it fixed OK... I hope it's interesting! :D

OMG YOU ABANDONED IRELAND, AWAKE DIDNT YOU?!?!
Just kidding, Will read like I read through Ireland.

:D :p Thank you!

Vladjo I
Part One, 1366-1398
~In which a lesser noble bests a Kingdom~

Albrecht_Achilles.jpg
Vladjo I, King of Slovakia, at age 30.

Vladjo I, Rex Slovakæ, was born Vladjo of Presov in the City of Presov within the Kingdom of Hungary. His birth on the feast day of St. Ignatius*, the bishop/martyr of Antioch, in the year 1366 brought much joy to his deeply religious father Marian. Vladjo’s parents, as far as reliable sources can tell, were from the lower gentry. Being full-blooded Slavs, they were an exception to the almost exclusively Hungarian ruling class in Slovakia. Both father Marian and mother Timnia had been born into the lifestyle of the nobility, and even though they did not have vast wealth, they managed to educate young Vladjo very well, with him attending the Charles University in Prague for several years. At Charles, Vladjo is reported to have excelled in debate and fencing, but lacked much arithmetical ability.

Upon graduation from Charles University in 1384, Vladjo returned home to Presov to live out the quiet life of a noble, perhaps making his mark in some way by the time he died. However, the great hand of fate touched Vladjo in spring of 1397. King Sigismund of Hungary had spent the first decade of his reign spending lavish amounts on gifts to courtiers and fruitless wars against minor Balkan powers and the King of Bohemia. Thus, the nearly-bankrupt King Sigismund started to oppressively tax the population and the nobles. This last tax was completely unique, as no Hungarian King had attempted to tax his nobles more than the customary pittance paid at Michaelmas**. Alienating all key supporters, most of Hungary revolted in early 1395. Vladjo was initially reluctant to act, for his father had just died and his mother was still in mourning, but on April 30, 1397, Vladjo was approached by a group of intellectuals, some of which he knew from Charles University, and his brother Vaclav. Vaclav, though the younger brother, had been the pride of the family much to Vladjo’s ire. Vaclav started life as a priest in 1387 and by using his political skill had worked his way up to Archbishop of Pressburg in 1394

The group that approached Vladjo that day begged for him to lead a revolt of the Slovaks against Sigismund. The normally headstrong Vladjo agreed almost immediately upon the condition that he would become King of Slovakia if the revolt would succeed. Vaclav acquiesced and the bargain was made official by oath. The next day, Vladjo rose in revolt with 200 knights, proclaiming them the Army of the Kingdom of Slovakia. Sigismund initially laughed the revolt off, and continued to focus on the more serious threats coming from the Ottoman and Serbian-backed army which was running amok in the Banat.
Over the several months, Vladjo slowly gained more support from the native Slovaks. One of the biggest modifying factors in Vladjo’s early supporting campaigns was the simple fact that he spoke the native Slovak language, something most Hungarian overlords refused to do. As such, thousands and thousands flocked to his banner and by October of 1397, he had an army of 4,000 men. Even with winter fast approaching, Vladjo marched and secured many parts of Ruthenia and East Slovakia. Wintering in Kosice from December-February, he spent the time in Kosice composing several letters to the Pope Boniface IX in Rome, and Benedict XIII in Avignon.

This is considered to be his greatest diplomatic masterstroke, for in those letters were carefully worded, but non-committal declarations of loyalty to their cause in exchange for granting Vladjo the right to be King of Slovakia. Their reply was received while Vladjo was besieging the Royally-held city of Bratislava. Both said yes to his request in exchange we would divert some of the yearly revenue to their causes. Ignoring this last condition, Vladjo went ahead and waved the Pope’s declaration in Sigismund’s face, who was suddenly too paralyzed to act. He didn’t want to anger either the pope or his very Catholic subjects, so he watched in impotence as Bratislava fell on June 5, 1398. The next day, Archbishop Vaclav crowned his brother Vladjo I, Rex Slovakæ.

CentralEurope1398.gif

Central Europe as of June 5, 1398

Vladjo was only 32, and yet he had bested one of the greatest Kingdoms in Europe with an army less than one-fourth the size of the city of Pest. This would not be his only triumph, for Slovakia had many good years ahead of her.

*February 1st is the Feast of St. Ignatius according to the pre-1570 liturgical calender
**Michaelmas was traditionally held on 11 October (10 October according to some sources) in Medieval Europe.

Last edited:
You're surrounded by powerful countries, so getting some good alliances will be key, I think.

Yup, alliances will be my top priority. The poles seem to be the most powerful, while the Hungarians the most vengeful! :D

Huray! Viva la Revolution! Vila la Slovakia!

:D :D

Alright, made some minor changes like changing Vladjo's portrait. That's all! :D

Za slobodu! Teraz je treba zmiesť Maďarov zo zeme! :D

Seriously, what's your plan? What do you want to achieve?

is there actually a rebel slovakia, or did you mod it in?

A very, very bad mod... :D Let's just say I won't be a proffessional moddAAR anytime soon... ;)

Really nice start.

Thanks, sir!

Za slobodu! Teraz je treba zmiesť Maďarov zo zeme! :D

Seriously, what's your plan? What do you want to achieve?

:D My plan is to achieve hegemony in Central Europe, while at the same time avoiding the big dogs like Poland-Lithuania and the OE as much as possible. No WC here... :D