• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(7402)

Second Lieutenant
Jan 22, 2002
Visit site
Do computer controlled contries get bad boy points?

I was playing brandenberg and took most of northern germany by about 1530using mostly diplomacy with a few conquests along the way. I worked hard to gain ground but still keep the BB points low as I hate all those BB wars.

France on the other hand fought damn near the rest of the continent except for spain, sweeden and england. They took most of southern germany and austria along with northern marches of aragorn. They seemed to be at war fairly often but not all the time and just kept growing like a weed. I notice that none of the other "major" powers really declared war on them.

So, is this just another one of those things in the game, like no losses on ships at sea for the AI that the game is designed to cheat on?

I love the idea of the game, but truth be told I am really not that wild about the execution. I wish a good developer would come out with something kinda like this that actually played fair. I don't mind hard but I hate cheating even if it is caused by poor programming.

Yes.

In one of the interfaces you can see their reputation, which can say honorable, respectable, tarnished, scum etc. I do not know if you can see the actual number though. But the AI often cheats in Paradox games, and righfully so I guess since any human player can easily outsmart a hardcoded AI, so I do not know if it affects them as severely as a human controlled state.

Reputation is the same for Humans and AIs. However, the AI rarely gets a bad reputation because they usually aren't as aggressive as human players.

Do computer controlled contries get bad boy points?

I was playing brandenberg and took most of northern germany by about 1530using mostly diplomacy with a few conquests along the way. I worked hard to gain ground but still keep the BB points low as I hate all those BB wars.

France on the other hand fought damn near the rest of the continent except for spain, sweeden and england. They took most of southern germany and austria along with northern marches of aragorn. They seemed to be at war fairly often but not all the time and just kept growing like a weed. I notice that none of the other "major" powers really declared war on them.

So, is this just another one of those things in the game, like no losses on ships at sea for the AI that the game is designed to cheat on?

I love the idea of the game, but truth be told I am really not that wild about the execution. I wish a good developer would come out with something kinda like this that actually played fair. I don't mind hard but I hate cheating even if it is caused by poor programming.
AI gets BadBoy points as well, but with a good DIP monarch, BB is decreased relatively fast.

Also, you get only 1 point for taking a province in deace deal while annexing a 1-province nation gives whole 6 points! Diploannexing gives as much BadBoy per province as taking them in peace deal (except you don't get the extra 5 BB points for annexation). So annexing a 1-province minor gives as much BB as getting 6 provinces off Austria.

Also, note that being at war does nothing to BadBoy. Whether a war ends in a week or in a century, does not matter. Annexations and provinces conquered to.

And if AI gets too much BB, they face BB wars and can be torn to shreds. That happens extremely rarely, though.

Also, if you are very strong, even with very high BB, you will not get attacked. Let them hate you as long as they fear you. Since France is an extremely strong nation, no one wants to pick a fight with them even if their BB is high.

So, if you are small, BB is a problem. If you are big, not so much.