• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Vote for Best Completed Crusader Kings AAR in 2007

• The Woodhouse Dynasty, A Retrospective AAR by English Patriot

Votes: 18 31,0%
  • The New Jerusalem: Moskva 1337 by Paranoid Tsar

Votes: 9 15,5%
  • Eastern Ambition: An Antioch AAR by RossN

Votes: 5 8,6%
  • History of the White Eagle, part 1 by thrashing mad

Votes: 26 44,8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

coz1

GunslingAAR
29 Badges
May 16, 2002
hearthehurd.typepad.com
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • PDXCon 2017 Awards Winner
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 500k Club
  • 200k Club
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
From Alfred Packer in the nominations thread:

And now the nominations are closed! All 13 votes (not bad for only two weeks to nominate AARs written over a year ago for a game released almost 5 years ago!) went for 4 AARs, so there will be only 4 AARs eligable for the 2007 CrusadAAR's Chalice. These are the AARs that I read when I was deciding whether or not to buy Crusader Kings. They were among the first AARs I ever read and they are, all four, worthy of your vote. These are the best of 2007 and, I would argue, some of them are among the best of all time.

You have the whole month of December. Take your time. Read through all of these AARs, they are certianly worth your time, and then vote for the best one.

You have until Monday, January 5th at 4:00AM Eastern Time, so there is no rush :)

Rurikovich
Moscow
The New Jerusalem: Moskva 1337
Paranoid Tsar
1337–1357 3 Votes

de Poitou
Duchy of Antioch
Eastern Ambition: An Antioch AAR
RossN
1187-1453 2 Votes

Woodhouse
Lancaster
The Woodhouse Dynasty, A Retrospective AAR
English Patriot
(1066-1452) 3 Votes

Piast
Poland
[thread=278786]History of the White Eagle, part 1[/thread]
Thrashing mad
(1066-1349) 3 Votes

Happy reading. Comments are welcomed and enjoyed. :)

Last edited:
18 votes so far. I hope we see a rise in voting participation. And remember, comments are welcome. Please feel free to list how you voted in this thread and why. :)

Only 25 days of reading and voting to go! There are 21 votes and a tight race for both the CrusadAAR's Chalice and, I might add, a tight battle for the 2nd Runner Up (The PewtAAR Cup) position, so vote early and often!

Up to 42 votes and still neck-and-neck for the Chalice! (not bad for AARs completed way back in 2007!) so keep those votes coming in!

I'm going to go ahead and share my vote at this point, since that is the whole point of the comments part...

I voted for RossN's epic. I remember his was one of the first active ones I followed regularly. I really enjoyed the history-book style he used and, most importantly, I really liked how it ended. The total fragmentation of the empire and the, well, almost banal death of the last King, drowning in a river.

That isn't to take away from any of the other nominees, as I've said, all 4 are worthy of an award, but RossN's Antioch really stuck with me.

50 votes! Nice. The last Vicky contest had something like 64. Can we match that total?

Just a few days left and the EUIII OscAARs have more votes than this one. We can at least hit 60 before its through. A tight race so get them in while their is still time!

Alright, I know there are 5 people out there who have yet to vote...so get off your high horses and do it!

5 votes could mean the difference between Pewter Goodness and "Just Nominated" for some lucky AAR and, well, if you are a bandwagon jumper...perfect time to vote as well since the coveted Chalice seems to be well in hand for one lucky AAR!

Alright, I know there are 5 people out there who have yet to vote...so get off your high horses and do it!

Bah, I always wait til the last minute for everything! Although usually it's because I get lost going to it... anyways, thanks for the reminder!

Congratulations thrashing mad! :) Great work on this and your EUIII follow up.

And congrats to all the nominees. Excellent AARs all around!

Winner!

The votes (58 of them!) have been counted and a winner declared...

Congratulations to thrashing mad's

A History of the White Eagle, part 1 - Winner of the 2007 CrusadAAR's Chalice!
, with 26 out of 58 votes cast (44.83%)

The SilvAAR Goblet for Runner up goes to English Patriot's

The Woodhouse Dynasty, A Retrospective AAR, with 18 votes (31.03%)

The Illustrious PewtAAR Cup for 2nd Runner up goes to Paranoid Tsar's

The New Jerusalem: Moskva 1337 with 9 votes (15.52%)

Thanks also to RossN's

Eastern Ambition: an Antioch AAR, which received 5 votes (8.62%)

Congratulations to the winner and well done thrashing mad...perhaps this win will spur you on to stop tormenting your (astoundingly!) loyal readAARs and update the sequel to this epic AAR!

(or so I hope!)

Congratulations to thrashing mad! Very well deserved, and thanks to everyone who voted, both for my AAR and for the other 3 contenders! I'm very flattered and glad to see such an initiative well recieved!

Here's to many more Chalices and another hearty congratulations to the WritAARs featured!

The fondest of congratulations to winners, runners-up and whatnot. You did a great job. Finishing an AAR is an achievement in itself, and having this AAR nominated for "Best Finished of the Year" is also a recognition to be proud off. I applaud you.

And I applaud the CK community of AARland. Almost sixty votes in a poll about Paradoxes' underrated gem of a game is very heartening. :)

Very many congratulations to thrashing mad, and to all whose work was considered.