• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

mate0815

Field Marshal
62 Badges
Feb 2, 2007
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Sengoku
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pride of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • East India Company
  • Cities in Motion
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
for users without modding experience, here comes the Hotfixes MiniMod for Vae Victis which is a bundle of known hotfixes.

download:
after patch 2.1 cames out, this mod is no longer necessary. so i removed the download source. thx to pdox.
the new try of a version for VV with Patch 2.1 you will find here: New Unofficial Hotfixes Minimod for VV2.1

install:
1. copy the folder and the file from the archive to the mod-folder in your installation-path: ...eu-rome/mod/
2. choose at gamestart via launcher the mod "[VV] Hotfixes v0.4" from the dropdownmenu.
3. enjoy.

Version 0.4 includes additional to previous versions:
- Fix for the "spamming title_ex_ruler in case of reelection" problem -> more information
- Fix for the "false triggers for controller of antioch and panhellenic games modifiers" problem -> more information
- Fix for the "false egypt mission 'reclaim cyrenaica'" problem -> more information
v0.4 is savegame compatible to v0.3 of this mod - but NOT to savegames from original game!
RIMP1.3 users please take a look at post 14 for more information!

Version 0.3 includes additional to previous versions:
- my Fix for the "not successful granting title pontifex" problem -> more information
this version ist NOT savegame-compatible with previous versions! -> for making savegames compatible read more in post 8

Version 0.2 includes additional to previous versions:
- ElectricEels Fix for the "Archer vs. Militia" problem -> more information
- my Fix for the "antagonist laws are available" problem -> more information
- remove my Fix for the "not completing access-to-iron/horses-missions" problem because it doesn´t work correct -> more infos see post 2 in this threat

Version 0.1 includes:
- a modified version of Keraunos Fix for the "Monarchy heirs die to fast" problem -> more information
- a modified version of darktalons Fix for the "Populists gains control to often" problem -> more information
- silktraders Fix for the "loosing granted titles" problem -> more information
- my Fix for the "not completing access-to-iron/horses-missions" problem -> more information

this mod ist NOT really savegame-compatible - the "heir die to fast"-fix needs "naked" characters for current working!

and now i hope, patch 2.1 comes soon, so that this minimod will not necessary for a longer time. ;)

Last edited:
i give it up. the problem with "get-access" and "get_vasall"-missions isn´t solve by changeing some points in the missions-files. it seems, there is a major-bug handling values inside missions - it´s different from handling the same in the event-files. so, i´m afraid, we have to live with this problems until the first patch comes out.

therefore, i remove this "fix" from the mod in v0.2. sorry.

Last edited:
The fix for the 'get access to iron/horses' missions is bugged. It causes the missions to complete even if you don't have the requested resource, causing the mission to immediately complete when it is given. The same mission is then immediately given again because you still don't have access to the requested resource, and this continues in an endless loop.

ElectricEel said:
The fix for the 'get access to iron/horses' missions is bugged. It causes the missions to complete even if you don't have the requested resource, causing the mission to immediately complete when it is given. The same mission is then immediately given again because you still don't have access to the requested resource, and this continues in an endless loop.

thx for comment. will check it soon.

ElectricEel said:

thx for reporting and you are right. as i wrote in post 2, i have no idea to fix that, so i removed that try of fixing from the mod in version 0.2. :(

Is v.1 --> v.2 save compatible?

Also, is anyone else having the problem with Pontifex ambition not getting fulfilled? After I installed this hotfix no one is able to complete this particular ambition after I hand out said title. This was version 0.1

EDIT: FYI Pontifex is misspelled in the objective files. :p

Last edited:
Dagda said:
Is v.1 --> v.2 save compatible?

Also, is anyone else having the problem with Pontifex ambition not getting fulfilled? After I installed this hotfix no one is able to complete this particular ambition after I hand out said title. This was version 0.1

savegame compatible: i think so, but there is no guarantee. ;)

pontifex-problem: yes, i found the problem: in titles.txt the name is pontifex_title, in objectives.txt the name is pontifix_title. so the game can´t know, that´s should be the same. ;)

for quickfix: replace the objectives.txt in ...mod/VV_Hotfixes/common/ with the file in attachment. will add this fix in v0.3

thx for reporting. :)

edit: attachment file removed because fix its included in v0.3 (and there were some changes more necessary than only changing this file)

Last edited:
version 0.3 includes now the pontifex fixes.

for using savegames from previous versions of this mod follow these steps:

1. open the savegame-file with any text-editor
2. replace ALL substrings "pontifix" with "pontifex" - that can be a lot!

and i mean ALL in lines with the content:
give_title = "title_pontifix"
remove_title = "title_pontifix"
type="obj_become_pontifix"

3. save the file to .../mod/VV_Hotfixes/save games/

elsewhere the game crashes if an old savegame is loaded.

This is a great mod and thanks for your work.

However, I'm not sure the hotfix for the heir problem is adequate. Playing as Ptolemy I still had four or more heirs die within two to three years of becoming heir. Maybe I'm doing something wrong with managing my court, but the "That would be a shame" event seems really tough.

OutsiderSubtype said:
This is a great mod and thanks for your work.

However, I'm not sure the hotfix for the heir problem is adequate. Playing as Ptolemy I still had four or more heirs die within two to three years of becoming heir. Maybe I'm doing something wrong with managing my court, but the "That would be a shame" event seems really tough.

the idea of the hotfix wasn´t it, to remove events from the queue, so they are still present, but fire not to often or the triggers are better balanced. heirs dies sometimes and from time to time, heirs become ruler by an event and a civilwar with the old king happens. to prevent the heir, you can do a lot by managing your court: make the second and third crown prince not to powerful nor prominent, use your prison or execute to wealthy or prominent chars, change the laws to let more or less chars being potential ruler etc. and have fun with the results. ;)
the necessary courtmanagement is not removed by this mod - its only better balanced!

if you think, its happens to often, please make it sure, that you are not playing a savegame from the time before installing the minimod (the mechanics can only work correct with "naked" characters in a new game). in my testgames with macedonia round about 20-40% of keraunos children died before they become 16, but he is a lustful king and have enough children. and thats a rate i found acceptable.

Last edited:
mate0815 said:
the idea of the hotfix wasn´t it, to remove events from the queue, so they are still present, but fire not to often or the triggers are better balanced. heirs dies sometimes and from time to time, heirs become ruler by an event and a civilwar with the old king happens. to prevent the heir, you can do a lot by managing your court: make the second and third crown prince not to powerful nor prominent, use your prison or execute to wealthy or prominent chars, change the laws to let more or less chars being potential ruler etc. and have fun with the results. ;)
the necessary courtmanagement is not removed by this mod - its only better balanced!

if you think, its happens to often, please make it sure, that you are not playing a savegame from the time before installing the minimod (the mechanics can only work correct with "naked" characters in a new game). in my testgames with macedonia round about 20-40% of keraunos children died before they become 16, but he is a lustful king and have enough children. and thats a rate i found acceptable.

I would like to use the mod for a savegame though, I got attached to the game and don't want to start all over... Will the fix work anyways or not? In one post you mentioned that it may work just by fixing the pontifex error.

lucaluca said:
Will the fix work anyways or not? In one post you mentioned that it may work just by fixing the pontifex error.

v0.1 and all later versions are NOT savegame compatible to the original game.
v0.2 is save compatible to v0.1.
v0.3 is NOT save compatible to v0.1 and v0.2, but its possible to make it compatible to the previous versions of the minimod by editing the savegame-file in the way i described (the pontifix/pontifex typo changes). but its NOT possible to make it compatible to savegames from the original game in this way.

and thats exactly, what i wrote in the posts before.

Last edited:
because of the ex-title-ruler-problem, which let the savegames rapidly growing and occurs some crashes in later games, i made a new version and i hope, its the last before the patch comes out.

RIMP1.3 user can not use the file in the mod common/triggered_modifiers.txt because it contains province-ids which where changed by rimp. so please download the file in attachment and replace the one with the same name in the common folder of your mixed mod.

Last edited: