• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

King_Richard_XI

Duke of Miža
41 Badges
Nov 20, 2008
www.wikipedia.org
  • Cities in Motion
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Ancient Space
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Stellaris
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • 200k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

munsteraarlogo.jpg

MUNSTER
PART 1
I started my game as Munster in 1453. I had decided to play a perfectly rule-abiding game that would, hopefully, result in my conquest of Ireland and forming of Éire. By 1453 I had vassalised Leinster, taken Meath via war on England (see the army in Lancashire?) and had improved my relations with Connaught and Meath. So far so good then. I had also been given and had given Military Access to and from my fellow Irish states and would shortly be diplo-annexing Leinster and my other neighbours. My Gift Scheme and low-investment plans were also, quite literally, paying off.

By 1466 I had successfully Vassalised Connaught and made an Alliance with Brittany. My planning really had helped my game so far, and with luck it might turn out to be my best game yet.
In 1470 my King went and DIED (quite tragic actually, I had been hoping to keep him for a while yet) and I got my first Regency Council ever. As a result I failed to get anything major done in Diplomacy and had yet to do anything new in the way of Annexation. Connaught was shortly coming due for a “Company Merger” but my bank loan proved to be a great limitation to my economy. Still at least I had my king back around 1479.
In 1480 I attempted to Annex Connaught. No luck. My relation with them went down to 150 from 200. Such a waste, all those gifts. And that loan still hanging there, taunting me with its “PAY 200 DUCATS! NOW!” attitude. Maybe this game isn’t as good as I’d hoped.​

Last edited:
by the way, I'm sorry I can't put up pics, this just doesn't want to let me.

I have now managed to Annex Connaught, and have set my sights on the only other Irish State: Tyrone. My armies poved their competence in their last war, and I'm sure they will be equally successful next time. 4 provinces down, 1 to go. The date? 1483. All this done on a loan that's been there for 20 years.

It is now 1485. I have gone bankrupt, lost all my Prestige, and released Connaught as a vassal in an attempt to regain my lost reputation. Nothing works. It seems hopeless. Can anyone offer me some advice? My United Ireland is crumbling!

But Hark! My kingdom is saved! Out of the ashes, like a pheonix, my nation is reborn! My ally, Scotland, made war on England. I took this as an oppurtunity to make another landing, this time forcing them to give up their cor on Meath. Shortly I will be able to Annex Connaught and Tyrone, and then the Irish Free State shall come into existence! All is not lost! Perhaps, with some more cautionary planning and some better troops I will be able to take Scottish territory. My game may not be as hopeless as I thought!​

It is now 1494, and Munster has finished its war against Tunis, which ended with their Annexation. Since 1490 I have released Tyrone as a Vassal so that I could get an RM with them. They have now re-accepted Vassalisation and Connaught is soon to be Diplo-Annexed once more. A revolt was put down in Leinster after they won the Siege of Waterford. I have received Military Access from both Castille and France. From what my maps say, Portugal has been reduced to about 4 provinces, 2 mainland and 2 island. I would make war on them but for their Allies of Castillea and England. For now, life goes on in Munster.

Throne said:
Have you tried UploadHouse or ImageShack? Or can you just not access your screenshots?

This is exactly what it says on the bottom of my page:

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

Could it have something to do with my Rank?

It has nothing to do with your rank.

Take a screenshot, then upload from your directory to imageshack or photobucket then copy the individual picture image into you post, you should see a yellow button that has a 'mountain' in the center, click and past the url code from your image uploading site into the post and all should be set and done.

-Hopefully this works for you.

MUNSTER
PART 2
The year is 1496. France has rejected all my RM offers and my war on Algiers has failed. My Reputation is still steadily falling (“Rather bad” at the moment) and my Prestige is still in the -90s. I recently decided to take out some Eastern Europe countries, but until I get some decent troops, it doesn’t look like it’s going to happen soon. Still, at least I’m not bankrupt again. My new King is a definite improvement on the old one, and he may be able to pull my small realm back from the brink. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem possible to Vassalise countries larger than your own, so until I get Tyrone and Connaught I’m not going to get Brittany.
I managed to get Military Access through Burgundy and will shortly declare war on Cleves. With luck I’ll be able to Annex them and have a foothold on Mainland Europe. Look out doors Europe, Munster’s here!
By 1498 I have begun to try goading Tripoli into a war with me so that I can Annex them. I have entered RMs with Scotland and Sweden. My armies are ready to invade Cleves. Europe is on the brink of war…
I’m not even going to try to explain this. While I was landing armies in Calais I got the weirdest of messages, considering my realm. Despite having only 4 provinces, I had become Papal Controller. Not that really matters, as I’m probably going to lose it within a year. On the plus side, my army in Koln is now 6000 men under General Seanán Talbot and I am ready to invade Cleves. I’ll wait until my birthday (on the in-game calendar), when they’ll least expect it.
The siege goes without incident. By November 10th I have successfully Annexed Cleves but am still at war with Gelre and Hamburg. I think I’ll take them out too.
Hooray! France accepted my Royal Marriage offer! Soon I might even be able to Ally with them, and then I’ll be able to wipe out any neighbouring country! On top of this, I managed to lure Gelre’s army into a trap. I left my province and went back in, but while I was gone their army started marching towards Cleves. They didn’t manage to stop in time and my superior forces wiped out 1000 more men they did. Soon I might even get Utrecht off them. Especially now that my allies from Brittany have made a Landing there!
The war went to plan. Brittany got Utrecht, I Vassalised Gelre. Fair is fair. In a few years I might be able to Annex them.
Unfortunately, that last war nearly bankrupted me. But desperate times call for desperate measures, and by cancelling all my Technology Investments and halving maintenance, as well as my End-Of-Year Bonus I was able to get back up to 25 ducats. Soon all of Europe will fall into my hands! Mwahahahaha hehehe. He.​

The Colonial Era of Munster began around 1506. It’s Colonists landed in, and took, Tortuga, St. Martin, and Essequibo, while my 2000 troops who had been ferried over in Cogs began marching up and down the coast of South America. They would have explored, but I hadn’t adopted Quest For The New World yet. A few years previously, Brittany had declared war on Tripoli, dragging me into their conflict. I gained nothing. I was forced to abandon my Alliance with the Bretons when they invaded my neighbour, England.
Fortunately The Knights had offered me an alliance, but they used my Military might to attack Karaman and it’s allies: Crimea and the dreaded Ottoman Empire. I was forced to make peace with them too, wasting even more diplomats. My wars don’t seem to turn out overly successful these days. My Cogs managed to cruise across the Atlantic safely to arrive in the calm Mediterranean. I wish I could fight some more wars, but until I get a United Ireland it doesn’t look particularly likely.

At least ireland is still alive and kicking.
Firts take screenies pressing f11 and f12, then maybe try Photobucket, create account, upload images, copy the IMG here.

Enewald said:
At least ireland is still alive and kicking.
Firts take screenies pressing f11 and f12, then maybe try Photobucket, create account, upload images, copy the IMG here.

Please! It will make it so much more enjoyable.

For the next few years I remained at peace, with little happening. My game now consisted of sending gifts to Connaught and Tyrone, softening them up for my Annexation. I acquired Royal Marriages with Brittany, Scotland and Aragon, and sent Colonists to reinforce Tortuga (whose population had plunged to 5.) These were the Years of Boredom, for all I got to do was watch. By 1518 my chances of Annexing Connaught had risen to a “Maybe”. I decided to wait until it became a “Likely.”
More to come as the game progresses...​

I've noticed that a "maybe" chance of annexation is about as good as it gets, and seems to succeed more often than a "likely" chance of royal marriage. In any case, give it a whirl. It'll just take 2-5 years for you to repair the relations if they freak out and say no.

phargle said:
I've noticed that a "maybe" chance of annexation is about as good as it gets, and seems to succeed more often than a "likely" chance of royal marriage. In any case, give it a whirl. It'll just take 2-5 years for you to repair the relations if they freak out and say no.

Agreed. Maybe is typically you're best shot, so I'd say run with it... :D

No, I tried 3 times and it didn't work.