• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
From the 3.1 readme..

******* AI Improvements *******
* Naval AI
- No blockades of occupied enemy provinces.
- AI now uses patrols to prevent piracy.
- Improved blockade behaviour.
- Fixed an infinite loop bug that could occur when switching nations in a save game.
- More careful with its transport fleets.
- Will scramble fleets from port to block straits in their own sea zone.
- Will no longer cancel moves out of enemy occupied provinces
- Will prioritize its original planned invasion target province more.
* Land AI
- Fixed a problem where the main army could go passive in order to reinforce, though the enemy was almost overrunning the country.
- Fixed a problem with the main army moving around deep inside enemy territory instead of returning home.
- The main army will no longer go passive to reinforce if not at war (i.e. cleaning up rebels.)
- The main army will no longer go passive to reinforce if there are no decent manpower reserves.
- The main army is better at forming, despite enemy armies in the way.
- Fixed a problem with the AI stacking up a huge army in an area, way past the supply limit.
- Fixed some problems with the sufficient force checks for new attacks.
- Improved check for enemy units on their way into a target province.
- Fixed a problem with cancel move orders sent to retreating units.
- Fixed a problem with units moving to a province they are already in.
- Fixed a crash bug.
- Better at taking back strongholds of defecting rebels.
- Changed the base calculation for area needs to be more dependent on forces in neighboring areas. Should greatly help countries with overseas possessions near belligerents.
- Adjusted overseas troop stacks.
- More intelligent about when to withdraw and rest up damaged regiments.
- Fixed a problem where the AI would strip its home area of troops and send them to another area bordering the same enemy area.
* Diplomatic AI
- Better at waiting for one-province nations to get occupied before willing to sign peace.
- Fixed a bug that let players milk AI nations with high WE for money, or force vassalize them.
- Adjusted acceptance of separate peace demands.
- Fixed two stalemate bugs in the Peace AI.
- Fixed a problem with overly stubborn Peace AI in some situations.
- More prone to accept alliances with threatening nations.
- Acceptance of diplomatic vassalization proposals adjusted (now harder and more dependent on the difference in diplomatic skill of the rulers.)
- Revised code for deciding on whom to target for trade agreements.
- Optimized and improved trade agreement proposal code further.
- Improved DoW checks. AI will be less afraid of guarantees and alliances if the target is annexable or the allies distant.
- AI electors will now always re-determine who to vote for at the end of a month.
- AI electors is now less likely to vote for emperors outside the empire.
- AI nations with an interest in the HRE should now send gifts to the electors.
- Fixed a problem with AI HRE Electors very rarely changing their votes.
- AI electors that have an interest in the HRE throne and are able to vote for themselves will now tend to do so.
- Tweaked AI HRE Elector choice of emperor code to be more dependent on relations.
- Fixed a problem with the Holy Roman Emperor overbidding insanely in peace deals.
- AI should be more reasonable about military access paths for land movement.
- Updated AI for the new DoW and Call Allies rules.
- When considering declaring war, now better at estimating whether an ally will answer a call to war or not.
- Improved AI acceptance code for call to war requests.
* Strategic AI
- Updated the code for checking if a country should be interested in the HRE throne.
- Adjusted relative priority between colonial and construction expenses.
- Reduced the colonial interest of small nations.
- Greatly increased number of desired ships up the tariff needs.
- Proper power rank checks to curb superpower alliances.
- Befriend and Antagonism values are now also dependent on relative world military ranking.
- Adjusted personality calculation.
- Adjusted consolidation check for Militarist AIs.
- Added AI strategy calculations to the new triggers "army", "navy", "tariff_efficiency" and "preferred_emperor".
- Adjusted wanted buildings calculations.
- Will prioritize building warships if it cannot use transports safely while at war.
- Updated the wanted number of warships calculation to match the biggest enemy (threat, target) navy.
- Doubled the minimum number of wanted transports.
- Fixed a problem with it going into a long period of consolidation for dubious reasons.
- No longer counts transports when worrying about the naval force limit.
- Will prioritize building ships if it has less then 3/4 of the desired amount.
- Improved calculation for army recruit priority.
- Added consolidation check for low manpower reserves.
- Improved desperation calculation (more likely to fold in a war if it loses core provinces of its own culture in its capital area.)
* Other
- AI now stops collecting wartaxes if war exhaustion grows high.
- Adjusted the Colonial AI to handle the new 50 people/year growth rate.
- Improved Colonial AI expense checks.
- Improved Colonization target selection code. Will prefer islands, and clustering its colonies, avoiding rival colonies, etc.
- The AI should not create new CoTs early in the year, but wait and see if it still has surplus gold later on.
- The AI should not create new CoTs if it is currently suspending that type of expense.
- The AI should not create new CoTs if it has building construction plans.
- Recruit AI: Tweaked the code for selecting the best province to build ships in.
- AI should now be more keen on constructing buildings in general.
- Fixed a minor bug with invalid building plans being started.
- Higher prio on goods manufactories.
- Improved modifier evaluation for provinces.
- The choice between light and big ships is no longer random. It will strive for a 2:1 ratio.
- Will now correctly count warships under construction when calculating new ships to build.
- Will not build galleys if it has overseas provinces.
- AI will now disband "exiled" units even while at war.
- Toned down AI tendency to overrun army force limits.
- AI will no longer take decisions that permanently raise the global revolt risk.
- Fixed a bug that made it possible to the AI to cancel a retreat.
- AI countries now get the full revolt risk in their home areas, but a more reduced chance overseas.
- AI will no longer move sliders if it has less troops than an average rebellion would spawn, nor do it when at war.
- AI will cancel missions after 25 years.

This patch is looking unreal...but I guess they want it 'complete' before they release 'EUIII: Complete' eh?

- Updated AI for the new DoW and Call Allies rules.

Do I correctly divine that we will now be able to decide if we want to call in our allies? :D Yeah!

I also believe I am detecting a pattern of 1 'readme' section release a day, which to me says we are counting down very rapidly to patch day. Probably Wed, just because all the sneaks were on Weds...

Azonalanthious said:
Do I correctly divine that we will now be able to decide if we want to call in our allies? :D Yeah!

I also believe I am detecting a pattern of 1 'readme' section release a day, which to me says we are counting down very rapidly to patch day. Probably Wed, just because all the sneaks were on Weds...

MMP is released on friday right? so, my bet is that the patch will be out on friday. wednesday will probably be the last sneak peak.

:eek:

Thanks for all your hard work on the patch Paradox and sharing the changes with us. All this sound much like moving towards as challengening an AI that can be created without needing 2020 computers.

Still holding out hope for a movement_cost modifier though.

Darken said:
MMP is released on friday right? so, my bet is that the patch will be out on friday. wednesday will probably be the last sneak peak.
I wouldn't count on that if I were you; Magna Mundi doesn't have access to any secret information about a release date. If they come out together, it will be a (big) coincidence.

This patch truly sounds more amazing with every preview/readme. As a huge Naval/Colonial player, the AI improvements in this area sound outstanding. Thank you Johan & Paradox for your hard work and the attention you pay to your community.

looks like the AI will be able to challange you on the seas for once. Not only a smarted naval AI but now it will cost to go above support limit of ships. Hoooray!