• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

The Great Duck

Eternal leader of all Ducks
Dec 13, 2006
As you probably know,HoI2 has a lot of mods,like TRP,CORE,HSR,Mod34 or WiF,whose aim is giving a more realistic and historical experience of the game.Now that HoI3 will be out next year,I would propose that there should be one historical modification for it,as having a single unified project would probably finish the mod earlier,and some stuff from HoI2 mods could be converted for HoI3 use.What do you think?

Fernando Torres said:
If you can convince TRP, CORE, HSR, mod 34 guys, i'm with you. :p
that would be quite a project.

Anyway, the mods will probably continue or die out, new ones will pop up after the release. Poor CORE, never had a chance to shine this time. Maybe next.

The Great Duck said:
As you probably know,HoI2 has a lot of mods,like TRP,CORE,HSR,Mod34 or WiF,whose aim is giving a more realistic and historical experience of the game.Now that HoI3 will be out next year,I would propose that there should be one historical modification for it,as having a single unified project would probably finish the mod earlier,and some stuff from HoI2 mods could be converted for HoI3 use.What do you think?
Different people have different ideas and want to mod things differently. Cooperation happens already (it's the basic idea of CORE after all), but some modifications are kind of mutually exclusive - or would demand too many compromises.

mandead said:
Fear not, TGW/1914 shall come to HoI3. :cool:

It shall also come The Cold War!

The Great Duck said:
No. All of those mods are aiming for realism, true, but they have different ways to archive it. For an example, TRP worked on AI and combat, while HSR worked on events that gave the AI free units

Bullfrog said:
that would be quite a project.

Anyway, the mods will probably continue or die out, new ones will pop up after the release. Poor CORE, never had a chance to shine this time. Maybe next.
What? I think when 0.4 for Armageddon comes out it will be great. Pepolpe will be playing it for quite a while, I would bet.

Kaiserreich should totally come to HOI3.

Lord of Pain said:
No. All of those mods are aiming for realism, true, but they have different ways to archive it. For an example, TRP worked on AI and combat, while HSR worked on events that gave the AI free units
I haven't played HSR so I don't know if this is true,but doesn't it also have some other features?Anyway,it seems it is completely dead now.What I am suggesting,is to work on a single historical mod from the start,so a better experience can be delivered earlier and faster.
But first the creators of those mods need to tell what do they think about it.

The Great Duck said:
That's not going to happen. For sure there will be a Compendium version for HOI3 :)

The Great Duck said:
Err...wouldnt al the mods be brand new for HoI3?
Not necessarily. From HOI to HOI2 I have been able to "translate" all events I did very quickly. So expect parts of HOI2 mods to be transfered to new projects.

Well,EU3 doesn't really try to be historical,so it is nearly impossible to convert stuff from EU2 for EU3.
@Luxor:Well,the tech tree probably wont be translated,and if all the events,leaders and ministers from the mods are translated for HoI3,it could be possible to have them in one mod,with a new tech tree they would be adapted to.