• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aflo

Sergeant
7 Badges
Oct 23, 2007
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Rome Gold
  • 500k Club
Hello all :cool:

So I went crazy this morning and bought me the two EU3 expansion packs. Napoleon's Ambition, installs fine, plays fine - sorted. In Nomine, installs fine and...oh. So after reading the sticky about installing the latest DirectX, I toddle off to filefront and install DirectX9c but still I get the same error code when I try to boot it up: d3dx9_35.dll.

Anybody get a similar problem with In Nomine? Am I missing anything?

Cheers
Adam

Yeh I know buddy, followed the advice in that thread by installing DirectX.9c then reinstalling 'all' of the EU3 games (the core and the expansion packs) and I still get the same error message...

Does it matter where you put DirectX? After downloading it places it in a temporary file and it doesn't then ask you where you want to install it to so I guess that it doesn't, but I'm all out of ideas here :(

Aflo said:
Yeh I know buddy, followed the advice in that thread by installing DirectX.9ca then reinstalling 'all' of the EU3 games (the core and the expansion packs) and I still get the same error message...

Does it matter where you put DirectX? After downloading it places it in a temporary file and it doesn't then ask you where you want to install it to so I guess that it doesn't, but I'm all out of ideas here :(

Where did you get your directx 9.0c?

JamalXIX said:
Download this ---> http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?d3dx9_35 and put it in your main EU3 folder, that's how i solved the problem, I didn't install direct x 9.0c. o_O

Doesn't seem to do anything for me. You put the unzipped folder straight into the folder Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III and not ina ny sub folder right?

A big thanks to all the replies so far aswell guys :)

Aflo said:
Fileront.com

Did you get the latest version of directx 9.0c? A search through filefront shows a version dated back to 2006 shown on the first page of results. As stated in the stickied thread you need one from after March 2008. Just use the links in that thread.

Just download it from microsoft. Should solve your problems.

rmdsc said:
Did you get the latest version of directx 9.0c? A search through filefront shows a version dated back to 2006 shown on the first page of results. As stated in the stickied thread you need one from after March 2008. Just use the links in that thread.

Ahhh, that could well be it. Ok, downloading what will hopefully be the *right* version of DirectX from Microsoft.com - when it's done are there any specifications where to install it or does it do all of the placement for you?

All technical support must provided in that forum, not here in general chat. Register you game by clicking on the My Games/Registrations link above then you can see and post in the Tech Support forum. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.