• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

dannyboy2016

Lt. General
142 Badges
Nov 22, 2002
  • Lead and Gold
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Iron Cross
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Legio
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • East India Company
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
Hello,
Some of you may be familiar with my aar,The Great Crusade. I'm currently working on a scenario for MODNN based on the AAR and I'm open to any input that the paradox community could give me regarding th scenario. If you have mod new nations and would be interested in testing out this scenario please let me know. If you are familiar with the aar and would like to make suggestions for events and such, feel free to let me know.

Development will be a bit slow for a little while, because I have some computer issues and my wife doesn't like the idea of me hogging her computer to do HOi2 mod work. Development should pick up speed by the end of August.

Here are a few screens:

scenarioload.jpg

fordistevent.jpg

As per your request I have written up a first ORBAT for the British Remnant and the United States.

UK:

Navy:

Carriers:

Fourious, Courageous

Battleships:

Rodney, Nelson, Warspite, Queen Elizabeth, Royal Oak

Bcs:

Hood, Repulse

CA:

Devonshire, Norfolk, Suffolk, Kent

CL:

Enterprise, Cairo, Orion

DD:

three or four Flotillas

My reasoning is that many RN ships were either destroyed, scuttled or simply did not make it across, the last part mainly applies to smaller units. (fuel shortages, damage etc) Some Units were probably abandoned due to manpower constraints

Army:

Hard to say until the remnant has been realized, but perhaps four to six British and ex-Canadian Divisions of 1918 and 1936 Infantry

1st Canadian Infantry Division
Royal Canadian Mounted Police ( 1936 Cavalry with Military Police attachment )
50th Northumbrian Division
3rd Royal Marines
Kent Home Guard Militia
1st Jamaican Colonial Division

Air Force:

one or two squadrons of lvl one INTs, ex Fleet Air Arm, so they'd be Gladiators if you use SKIF

US:

Navy:

Vanilla orbat for ships in the Atlantic

Army

1st Infantry Division
1st Cavalry
3rd, 5th and 10th US Militia
1st Armoured Division (equipped with great War tanks) I admit I just love to have at least one Tank Division at the start

2nd Infantry Division

+ maybe a half-strength Division of Marines?

Air Force:

again two squadrons of lvl 1 INTs and a squadron of lvl 1 TACs.

Something else: the ammount of IC you get after occupying/annexing a country should be reduced, as the US I jumped from two to five techslots after only annexing the mid atlantic republic.

Yet another suggestion: the US should start with maxed out sliders on Interventionism and Hawk Lobby. 20% dissent from every DoW is a bit much when you have so little IC and so much to do.

Here i a brief timeline:
1919 Polish-Soviet War begins

Trotsky assassinated by White partisans while inspecting soldiers in Southern Russia

1920 Warsaw falls at the end of August. The war continue for an additional eighteen months.

1921 The last White forces surrender and the Russian Civil War comes to an end.

1922 Poland is annexed

The Congress of the Toilers of the East opens in Moscow. The Soviet Government commits itself to aiding the oppressed toilers of the east in their “holy war against British Imperialism.” The Soviets start sending significant aid to revolutionary movements in the third world.

Tartar Bolshevik lader Mirza Sultan-Galiev becomes a member of the Politburo. His rise to prominence coincides with the Bolshevik strategy of focusing on the colonies rather than Europe.

the Soviets attack Germany after a Communist coup in the Rhineland is brutally surpressed by the Germans. In reprisal France and the UK declare war on the Soviet Union

1925 The Red Army intervenes militarily on the side of Communist rebels in Iran, turkey, and Afghanistan.

French communists launch a campaign of terrorism behind the lines, severly damaging the French war effort.

1926 France and Germany are entirely overrun by the Soviet Union.
The French Government surrenders but some French officers escape to the United Kingdom where they form a Government in exile. A German Government in exile is also formed in the UK.

French colonies are in Chaos. Communists soon take control of much of the former French colonial empire. Britain attempts to seize control of the former French holdings and soon finds themselves embroiled in civil wars throughout Africa and Asia.

1927-28 The Soviet Union conquers the rest of continental Europe and large parts of the Middle East.

The British Isles fall to the Soviets after the Red Navy (bolstered by the capture of much of the French and Italian Fleets) neutralizes the Royal navy for the critical period of a month

The Great Depression hits the USA

1929-36
The Soviets go on to conquer the rest of Eurasia and Africa.

Civil war breaks out in the USA after the government violently suppresses rioters.
1931-36
The situation in the USA stabalizes and the New Nations in North America come into being
1934 The Canadian Government surrenders to the Forces of the Great Lakes Republic and Quebec
The Scenario begins

Code:
#########################################################################
#  War with the USA
#########################################################################
event = {
	id = 99999
	random = yes
	country = U00

trigger = {
		atwar = yes
	}
	name = "Total War?"
	desc = "We at war with our Enemies and our goal is the unification of North America. To this we need to go to war against the US remnant."
	picture = "fort_sabotaged"
	style = 0

action_a = {
		name = "Glory, Unity, Motherland!"
		command = { type = war which = USA }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = [event id here] }
	}
}

This is the requested random War event. It should fire randomly for any Nation once it is at war. For this to work we need to create a few alliances.

Also maybe all of the nations should get a "unification event" so that when they have united CONUS they get cores on it? This too would be a case of writing one event, copying it everyhwhere and changing the country ID.

Finally you sent the mod in been playing the version you sent me with 1.1 and because of that ghost fleets are killing me also the events you made for USSR so it would not build 9999 trillion divisions don't work well they fire and all but the AI just cheats and builds the divisions anyway

Andri said:
Finally you sent the mod in been playing the version you sent me with 1.1 and because of that ghost fleets are killing me also the events you made for USSR so it would not build 9999 trillion divisions don't work well they fire and all but the AI just cheats and builds the divisions anyway

Would you like to help test the new version? :)

Trek, good suggestions. I'll look into changing the USA's starting sliders.
I don't know if every new country should get claims on all the USA in the event of total victory. I'll take it into consideration, though. :)

Btw, I believe only a few of teh major countires should get that war event. I mean it is simply propostrious to believe that a country like the Mid Adlantic Republic or the Republic of the Rio Grande initiates such a war.

Playtest report: So far the various AIs work fine. With nofog I took a peek and saw that the coastal Nations are actually building ships, and not only the Destroyers you normally see with revolters but actual ships. Mostly CLs so far, but the Great Lakes Republic already owns its first Heavy Cruiser.

danielshannon said:
Here are a few screens:

scenarioload.jpg

I think you'd be better off with the Third National Flag for the CSA rather than the Naval Jack. Just my opinion as a Confederate-American.:)

Godspeed on the mod!

CSABadass said:
I think you'd be better off with the Third National Flag for the CSA rather than the Naval Jack. Just my opinion as a Confederate-American.:)

Godspeed on the mod!

Nice point, I'll look into using the Third national flag. :)
Thanks for your input. :)

Hmm the version you mailed me still contains the bugs I mentoined.

I also have a few ideas of my own. I'll tinker with it to see if it works out and let you know.

Out of boredom because I have hit a bit of a block with the update for my AAR I present you this:

The offmap IC/Resource event for the Great Lakes Republic. The resources are still onmap, because in RL the US wooulr probably utilize these new mining operations and oil wells. This can be changed though if wanted. The IC values are that from the original event added up and the resources are estimates i.e. educated guesses to what I feel would be appropriate. All subject to change though.

Code:
event = {
id = 82034
random = no
country = U67

name = "The Triumph of Fordism"
desc = "Since attaining independence, the Great Lakes Republic has engaged in a massive program of industrial expansion.  Massive state subsidies and the violent repression of organized labor has allowed for an impressive increase in industrial output.  Most of this output is consumed by the workers, who now zip along the new highways in their very own automobiles." 

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1936 }

action_a = {
		name = "Our society operates as smoothly as an assembly line"
command = { type = free_ic value = 63 }
command = { type = free_oil value = 50 }
command = { type = free_metal value = 70 }
command = { type = free_energyl value = 200 }
command = { type = free_rare_material value = 65 }

}
}

If this meets with your approval I can make events for the others who get that event and the communist version of it.

One suggestion is to make this a choice for the Soviet Union, to fire at 0200 on January 1, 1936. Option A would be a normal game, and option B would set up the scenario by triggering the first event in the chain. Then you could distribute your mod as an events package.

event = {
id = 9999999
random = no
country = SOV

trigger = { ai = no }

date = { day = 0 hour = 2 month = january year = 1936 }

picture = "events_empty"

name = "Polish War-Alternate History"
desc = "In the historical timeline, Soviet efforts to export the revolution were stopped in Poland. In the altered timeline, they suceeded, and most of Europe quickly fell to the Red Army"
style = 0

action_a = {
name = "Normal game"
command = { }
}
action_b = {
name = "Workers of the World Unite!"
command = { type = trigger which = XXXXX }# event to start the setup series
}
}

Sounds good to me.

Btw, my compliments on the AI. Currently I have 2 seperate Amphibious landings behind my lines and absolutely no forces to spare to deal with them.

Edit: it still has that "once a day" lag when you are at war with the SU, even on my brand new comp.. :(