• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Stefke

Captain
2 Badges
Oct 4, 2007
  • Darkest Hour
  • 500k Club
Prologue

My grandfather died today. He was 96 years old
He was one of the last witnesses of a period gone by. A period difficult for many people. A time of war and suffering which did not bypass us.
My grandfather was a major in the army of Serbia, first the royal one then the national one. He had fought in the great war just like his father did, alongside with him. Our family has given alot of soldiers for our country. My auntsectors fought in the Serbian uprising against the Turks, and in the wars of 1878, when our country finally became independent. My grandfather fought in the Balkan wars as well as the great war. He survived the war and returned to Serbia and was enlisted as an officier. My father too followed the footsteps and finished the military academy in Belgrade and also became an officier.
I loved my father but i adored my grandfather. He took care of me when i was just a little boy. His wife, my grandmother, died in 1931, and that left an emotional mark on him for he loved her very much and was very fond of her. I loved to listen to my grandfather's stories and i always went out walking with him or making a field trip just so i could hear his stories. He was an excellent narrator and i could listen to his stories for hours and hours
This is the story of my grandfather, major Milovan Mrkic. And I, his grandson Nikola, tell the story of his, and our countries fight in a dark period in which old scores from the great war were settled

hello, welcome to my new AAR

i am using the newest version of kaiserreich
since i am playing this game now i dont know what is going to happen and how long this AAR will take
the objective: creation of a great Serbia, then Yugoslavia, then greater Yugoslavia. Difficulty is normal along with agressivness. no cheats, only a few events to help the reality of my game and my ingame purposes. i will of course this time provide pictures
my writing style will be first person combined with third person. i hope you will like it
so i hope you will enjoy my new AAR as i hope you did the previous one
so onwards, for a great serbia!
and if anyone is interested the title is hrabrost, which is serbia for courage

it seems that the Kaiserreich fever is spreading...

Hehe, indeed, though the batch of AustriAARs does seem to have run out. Still, Kaiserreich is an intriguing mod, so let's just enjoy it while it lasts.

To the writer I say hvala for the nice and dobro intro and I'll be reading. I guess dobro is the wrong word there, but still, that's my best Srpski. ;)

Go Serbia go Kaiserreich =D

Chapter 1: Deafeated, but never conquered

I remember when I was first talked to my grandfather about his war years. I was 13 then. We were on a field trip where he showed me the mountain of Avala. Avala was a small mountain just outside Belgrade, and was 500m high. It was a nice place where Belgrader's would search a sanctuary from the every-day city life. Me and my grandfather were talking about the virtues of man

-So grandpa, tell me but be honest- are you a brave man?
-Well, Nidzo(this was my nickname he called me) i have to say i am. But i wasnt. I have been thourgh much and when you see what i have seen and when you live through what i lived thourgh it really is natural. But i woudnt call that bravery. I would rather call it...no, come to think about it i woudnt call it anyhow. I just got used for people to shoot at me and for shells to explode around me. Yes you can call it bravery. Every man can get it when he faces his fear. But the real bravery is what you get at birth. That is something special i can say

There was a swift silence

-Grandpa, can you tell me about your war years?
-My war years?
-Yes, i would really like to know more. You havent told me much
-I dont know...i think you are too young for all it
-Please granpa, i am not too young!
-Well alright...but i wont go to far into the details, ok?
-Ok grandpa

Even though we werent an old and a big country, we had a bloody military history. I remember the day when i was first enlisted in the army in 1912, just before the start of the 1st Balkan war. During those 2 Balkan wars i spent in the reserves, since i was just 18. But when the great war started i was immidietly called up to serve on the Drina front. I fought on the Cer. And on Drina. And on Kolubara. Those were difficult battles, against us was a enemy much stronger in numbers and in weapons. But this war our land. We beat them on Cer and when they thought they had us we won at Kolubara and threw them back from where they came.

Vojska_Ada_Ciganlija.jpg

But we coudnt hold on. And when they launched an attack from 3 sides that was it. Our army retreated thourgh Albania. It was terrible. Those poor roads, all that goddamn ice. So many of them slipped and fell to their deaths or died either of disease or the coldness. Some simply coudnt go on. When we finally reached the shore we werent an army anymore. We were a walking band of the living day. We were transported back to Greece and were sent to the Solun front. We waited day after day dreaming of a breakthrough and hoping for a return home. And so we waited...and waited. And while we were waiting France fell. And when Britain signed the peace our goverment finally surrendered. We could finally return to Serbia-but when we got there we found a country ruined and savaged by war. The days of the occupation were tough. I married your grandmother in 1923 and in 1925 your father was born. But those were dark days. And it didnt get much better after the Austro-Hungarians left. The new puppet state was economicaly weak and uneployment was high. Luckly i server in the new military as an expirienced soldier so it wasnt as bad as some had it. We lived those days in fear knowing that is the Austrians returned things would go from bad to worse. And so years passed...and things got a little better. But things were changing. Our leash was becoming more and more loose...and our hatred for the Austrohungarians was becoming more and more open. Then our feeling of national pride began to be more and more powerful. And we were not the only one. Greece and Romania felt the same way and craved for vengance. Finally we had hope. And we had our eyes turned at a common enemy
The empire of Bulgaria

@dag231-all things in due time. first a great serbia, then a great yugoslavia, then we devour who we can
@jape-and the war will certainly be treacherous. balkans are a fucked up place. i should know :)
@mico94-i actually didnt plan this AAR at all. i planned a germany AAR and a nice story but i will leave that for another time. i downloaded kaiserreich today and instantly became addicted. spent the entire day playing it. i will however also make a comedy AAR pretty soon and its not gonna be kaiserreich
@khalep-dobro is a good word but in a wrong shape. it should be dobar intro. anyways nice to have you aboard
@Davisx3m's-yeeeees! ONWARDS! WE SHALL BRING RAKIJA, KAJMAK AND TURBO FOLK TO THE REST OF EUROPE! :rofl:

Only 11 IC then, that will be a tough guy especially if your army is small, plus your position is a tough one for a small nation, best of luck to you in the future.

I subscribe.

Good luck! Take all of your lands back!

Chapter 2: Liberating the east

Signing of the Belgrade pact is the greatest thing that has happened in the last 30 years. This pact will shape the future of our Balkan region. We shall take care that we will never be tormented again!
Gen. Milutin Nedic, head of the state

Yes, my grandson. Bulgaria. They invaded us from the back, and took away Kosovo, Nis and Macedonia. They made a Bulgarisation of those lands. And we now finally had the opportunity to do so.
That year, before we signed we watched what will happen to Austro-Hungary and fortunatly for us they agreed to stay in the monarchy. If Hungary won its independence they would surely expand and take alot of spoils, and it would be almost impossible to fight them. We knew that. But luckly the dual monarchy was kept and we signed the treaty and began planning for war. But the best part was that Germany saw this Balkan treaty and decided to support it because they were convinced that we would defeat Bulgaria. And so Austro-Hungary had to only watch the situation as it were
The declaration of war however came a suprise to the Bulgarians. They havent expected an attack so fast. Though we werent the one to declare war. Romania was

Battleplan for the invasion

The Belgrade pact was signed on the 17th of May and on the 25th of May 1937 Romania declared war on Bulgaria. The following day Greece declared war on Albania
The 3rd Balkan war had begun
I havent fought Nidzo, i was a Major and Majors did not fight unless it was critical. But the fighting my grandson was fierce. Romania took Constanca back and stayed there. Greece captured Salonika but were pushed back and had to pull back to Athens. While we, we were fighting with those damned Bulgarians for Nis and for Kosovo. How hard the fights were tells the fact that Nis changed its owner 6 times. The city was devastated by fighting, while fights for Kosovo were less harder but no less bloddier. We urged our allies to attack because the Bulgarians had an army 3 times our size and we simply coudnt take on the alone. But the Greeks were struggling and the Romanians did not want to move from Constanca. But by the beggining of July we had finally taken Nis and repulced the Bulgarians, we took Kosovo, knocked out Albania out of the war and invaded Macedonia. It was time to end the war. On the 5th of July 1937 we recived news that the Bulgarians had signed a peace treaty. The war was over, but this was only a truce for a couple of years and everyone knew that. But however we had taken back our pre-WWI lands, and we gained something we had wanted for 50 years
An outlet to the sea, my grandson. An outlet to the sea

Keep up the good spirit buddy.

Glad to see you've gotten a port, are you going to build a navy at all?

Serbia is growing, nice. Bought DD's from Greece, did you use the acceptall cheat? It's smart to buy a small navy from a neighbor while you worry about the most important section- the army. Keep advancing.

Greece accepted for only resources then? Hmm you must have good relations or the DD's are lesser quality, either way unite Serbia into a Yugoslav Kingdom as it should be.