• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(15247)

immortal technique
Mar 3, 2003
download

converted (and updated many events) Byzantium Triumphant to work on the ExtraWatk map. you need the "ExtraWatk" mod installed ( is "agceep" on watk) to be found here :
http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=242708
read the installing instructions for it.

once that is installed all you need to do is unzip the download bellow in the "ExtraWatk/scenarios" folder.(no need to back up, this is just an "add-on" , will not affect anything else)

converted and modified all events , including those of other countries that are triggered by byzantium's own events.

-provence() becomes the pope if byz takes rome; this will assure that the events reflecting byz-pope interactions will triger and work properlly.
-if ethiopia chooses to join byz in war against mameluks, it will recive considerble bonuses via event
-all the events regarding orthodox minors becoming possible byzhantum vassals will trigger now properlly. the dates(for events to trigger) have been changed and sparsed out, so they do not trigger all at once. the nations in question must be alive or "born again" from revoltees.
-extra possibilities for byzhantum to get cores on all arabia peninsula if moves capital to alexandria (post 1650's). the lland slider requierment has been ditched for easier posibilities to get the event that could make the above possible. also "byzcolonial" flag easier to achive becouse of that.
-after conquering north africa byz gets cores for iberian east costal provinces as well(after 1750's)
- the russian-byz interaction via events allows for the former to have a possibility to get cores on all crimea.but depends mostlly on the russian choice.
-cores on hungary and even austria in late game possible as well.
-if byz sucessful in the trggered war with persia , it gets cores and rr for some of the western provinces of the former..
-byz a participant on the poland partitions. now events trigger properlly.
-possible to play the mod with NAJF scenario "on"( most north america is inhabitated by about 25 tribes starting 1419)

-i am still working on providing some sort of follow up for "byz interference" in helping netherlands achive independence from spain. same for "united states" case and dissidents(revoltees) within the austrian empire.
-also will make more events to reflect various choices made by player

1 bug
-(an easy to fix one) a duplicate wuzburgh 1419 start-up file. just remove one of the 2 and also an extra space in the file's name( a scripting error in the original agceepwatck mod)

Last edited:
This might wet some pants on languish I think :D

But sounds fun, ill check it out.

Not sure what's causing it, but I'm getting a spontaneous CTD at the turn of the month around 1474 (it started in 1473, but I somehow postponed it by editing the savegame to remove Candar) without any error message or obvious cause. As of now, the only reason I can think of is because I had to delete the second Wurtemburg scenario file included in ExtraWatk in order to run the scenerio to begin with.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Great add-on :)

I was too lazy to make it. Thank you.

Looks like a nice improvement of events. Sadly, I simply cannot manage to install this, even though I've done EVERYTHING as instructed and tried a few new things myself. There's always some bug or another like the duplicate indian province that's been giving you trouble when changing owners, which makes my system crash.

Glad you asked for it since i know what the problem was since some time ago.

I had similar problems when i had to edit some scenarios for multiplayer purposes. The problems were, that the same province was being held at the same time by more then 1 nation. The game does not detect this as an error and will run fine once you start: till the province changes hands. At that time, a sudden CTD will happen.

The problem resides on the Countries.inc file. You included nations you shouldnt:

include = "ExtraWatk\scenarios\1419\1419_EGY_Gwalior.inc"
include = "ExtraWatk\scenarios\1419\1419_ICE_Gwalior.inc"

If you check extrawatk's files, ICE_Gwalior and EGY_Gwalior share exactly the same provinces. I am still wondering why there are 2 Gwalior nations in Extrawatk, since only ICE_Gwalior is being used. EGY_Gwalior file is just there to take extra hard disk space.

If you delete that line, where you are including EGY_Gwalior, the game will work fine.

Best of luck with your "cheap" mod. :p

(joking man, dont get stressed)

EGO.

ok thanks "burning ego", fixed the problem FINALLY, the couse is the one he explains in the post above.
here : http://www.sendspace.com/file/mpqwbt

also, when first time running you might need to fix the "1419_THU_Wurzburg"
file within "extrawatck/scenarios/1419" folder. that needs to be adjusted since it is an overlooked issue in the original watck on agceep mod. just remove the extra space in the file's name.

Last edited:
Have you revised events thoroughly? ;)

Several of them treats Thrace as a capital instead of Byzantion.

szmik said:
Have you revised events thoroughly? ;)

Several of them treats Thrace as a capital instead of Byzantion.
that's something easy to fix. just "control"+"F" with the province id number and change it. 2 minutes top. it took me a lot of time to adjust the overall event ids where they were missing. i did not notice what you mentioning here, even if i fully tested the "mod" twice. but if so(maybe i did not choose those optiones or something at the time, or i simplly took thrace as beeing the "real" capital in my perception); just please do the quick control+f thingy if you consider the capital id wrong.

1 bug
-(an easy to fix one) a duplicate wuzburgh 1419 start-up file. just remove one of the 2 and also an extra space in the file's name( a scripting error in the original agceepwatck mod)[/QUOTE]

I have done multiple things to try and fix this, I have installed everthing twice. ExtraWatk runs fine, until i unzip the Byzantium Triumpant files into ExtraWatk. Then the game gives me the error message about the Wurzburg File. There is no duplicate file and never was and even when I get rid of the space in the files name it still gives me the same error message, located below

--- Couldnt open file:ExtraWatk\scenarios\1419\1419_THU_ Wurzburg.inc
---

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated because I am very interested in playing your Mod. Thanks