• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Zlovie

Captain
68 Badges
Mar 19, 2007
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Sengoku
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Rome Gold
Hey everyone,

I'm planning on starting an AAR in MMP. But since MMP isn't gonna come out before july, I'm gonna do a 'test' AAR, this is mostly to learn how to put screenshots in my posts and how to play while taking screenshots.

The idea for this aar is the following: I'm playing IN, as Poland in 1399. The target is to have the following nations as vassals:
-Russia
-Germany
-Netherlands
-Italy
-croatia
-byzantine empire
-scandinavia

Basically, all of europe. But this is not everything, cause for a few of these nations i want them to be formed by a OPM:
-russia should be formed by Pskov
-Germany by anhalt
-netherlands by friesland (where I live)
-Italy by mantua

Finally, i have an idea of how europe should look, but that is not binding:
-I wanna own as much of my culture group (czech, schlesian, hungarian, polish) as possible (i'm not sure if there are some czech provinces needed to create germany)
-the russians get everything east of this
-netherlands should own modernday benelux
-the germans get the rest of the germanic culture group (might be changed)
-the italians get modern day italy
-scandinavia gets scandinavia
-byzantines greece and anatolia
-croatia gets the rest of the balkan

If i get this far, the last target is to recreate the roman empire, which means italy should take, france, southern germany, england, iberia, tunisia, algiers and morroco.
And the byzantines should get the middle east, egypt and tripoli, together with the above.

I can't tell you how far I'll get, but i'm just gonna try. I mostly don't use much gamey tricks, but i might, for example, dow silesia to kick bohemian ass, without having trouble from the bohemian alliances.\

I dont know how to add pictures, so if anyone can help me out, i can start working on the first update..

thnx for the reply guys, The main idea is to not do a unification by myself, but to let other nations do it. Russia and germany are the first goals to unify actually. And I'll just see how far i can get.

But i've got the first update as good as ready and I don't know how to add screenshots to my post, could anyone help me? I heard something about a ten-picture limit? Or doesn't that exist anymore?

Sounds interesting. Shall be followed.

You must first upload those pics into the internet.
I use photobucket, which is just one of those many sites which can be used.
Create your own album there, and start uploading.
Then add the img-code of those pics into the post here.
And, yes 10 post, limit I think.

Someone should make a sticky about screenies. ;)

Okay, this is the situation for poland in the beginning:

11.jpg

We have four big nations around us: bohemia (HRE), hungary (often gets big problems), TO (they are just terrible), and our bitch Lithuania.
The TO is probably gonna be one of our first targets and Hungary might be taken quite early on. We plan on really abusing Lithuania,
and then we either inherit them, or we destroy them if our vassals are strong enough (especially pskov/Russia).

We move the slider towards centralisation and the sliders look like this:

12.jpg

You can't see the the bottom four sliders, but they are at -3, -3, -3, and 0. Actually I am quite happy with these sliders,
except for decentralisation (duh), and serfdom. The rest of them is going in the right way.

13.jpg

We only have monthly income of 6 ducats, and for now it is placed in stability. Later on (after I also got my first idea),
I will focus mainly on land, with a little stuff to get some new ideas.

14.jpg

These guys are my advisors, You can see for yourself what they do, I'd rather have a good landtech-guy, but these are also allright.
I keep one slot open to hire an artist when he becomes available after a year.

15.jpg

I offer an alliance to austria and they accept, I start building two cavalry regiments, and i make my king the commander of my army.
He's quite a good general actually, 3 shock, 4 manoeuvre.

16.jpg

now i'm starting to look for a possible first victim. But DOWing either mazovia or the teutonic order will get me into a war with Bohemia.
And that's not something I want (I'm quite a cautious player). But since TO is allied to Tver, and Tver has no other allies, i decide to DOW Tver.
This will get me into a war with the order, which is my real target.

17.jpg

I defeat a just build infantry unit, and start besieging warmia and danzig.

18.jpg

After the siege of warmia is succesfull, I'm sending my cavalry army to help the lithuanians defeat te enemies main army.

19.jpg

Since the TO was in war with novgorod, their warcapacity is already zero. So now I only need to get the warscore to demand some provinces.

110.jpg

A lot to see in this picture: I get a new king, siege of danzig is ready and rebels spawning in lithuania. I start sending my infantry to memel,
and my cavalry is going to help the lithuanians destroy the rebels.

During this war serbia offers an alliance (they have three provinces), and I accept, since they might be a distraction if I go to war against hungary.

111.jpg

I defeat the rebels quite a few times before they are all gone, this is one of the battles.

112.jpg

In the east of our bitches land, a big rebelstack spawns.

113.jpg

We also get rebels.

114.jpg

But we have already declared a truce with TO for danzig, warmia and 50 ducks.

115.jpg

Now we can devote our entire effort on defeating the rebels, and we help the lithuanians take their cities back.

116.jpg

The ottomans have quite some rebel problems and it seems the byzantines are again gonna get strong.

117.jpg

I get prussian revolt, which is not looking good.

118.jpg

I start fighting them, but i can't defeat them before they take danzig. So i splitt off an infantry regiment to take danzig back.

119.jpg

I lose again, and again. In the end we only defeat them because we get reinforcements.

120.jpg

121.jpg

I decide to join the HRE, this will give me an extra defensive ally, since the emperor will defend me if i get DOW-ed.

122.jpg

123.jpg

Doing the above my relation to the emperor, bohemia, increase very much. Thus i get western arms trade (A +6 land tech investment)

124.jpg

125.jpg

To westernize i'm gonna need -2 innovative, and -1 centralization. This means I'll need one more shift to innovative, and 4 more towards centralization.

126.jpg

As i thought the byzantines have maid large gains, the rest of europe hasn't really changed.

127.jpg

We finish when i reach gov.lvl. 4, and i take the National bank national idea, which gives me the money to increase the size of my army.

Hmm... more land, less rebels. :)
Hurrays, Romaion is alive!
And you could try DV with them. ;)

Bot good luck.
And maybe you should mod the cultural assimilation event... more polans is always much better. :rolleyes:

Part 2: The Bohemian war and the liberation of Croatia

After a good start with the conquest of Danzig and Warmia,
Poland decided to take it easy for some time.
However, it would not be calm for very long.

2a.jpg

Austria declares war on Venice and we decide to join,
so we can keep them as an ally. And there is no danger in it for us,
Austria can easily take on Venice and their allies; Salzburg and Genoa.

2b.jpg

Salzburg is quickly annexed, and afterwards Venice has to give up Treviso,
reducing Venice to a OPM. They already lost their overseas possesions to the byzantines.
We decide we're gonna save money to build a COT.
With the above budget we would have to wait for 12 years before we have te required 500 ducats.

2c.jpg

As you can see somthing very important for this AAR has happened, Croatia is fighting an independance war against Hungary.

2d.jpg

So we decide to ask military access from Hungary, declare war and quickly besiege the Croat Cities.
I manage to get there before the Hungarians do.

2e.jpg

This screenshot is actually from later in the game, but during the siege of the Croatian fortresses,
the Byzantine Empire defeats the papal states, and annexes them. Which means Byzantium now owns the
ancient Roman capital.

2f.jpg

Once the Croatians are defeated, we wait untill hungary closes a peace with them.
After that has happened, we make the above peacedeal.

2g.jpg

Just when we have our army back in North Poland, ortohdox rebels from Hum enter ragusa and
besiege the Coatian cities, we send our army back to help our new vassals.

2h.jpg

We are allowed to move a slider, and we again move to centralisation. With the money from the liberation of Croatia,
we get a lot closer to the 500 ducats we need for a COT, and after we also get the Aristocrats gratefull for our favor event.
(+100 ducats) we get really quick to the 500 ducats. I decide to build it in Danzig, as a coastal COT gives much more tax income than an inland COT.
Once I get a Core on Danzig my yearly income will rise very much.

2i.jpg

Our monthly income just before we build the COT is 12.1

2j.jpg

Just after we build the COT we get an alliance offer from Brandenburg and we accept it.

2k.jpg

And my income after my COT was build and was full with merchants is 18.6.
this is a 50% increase!!

2l.jpg

Silesia got excommunicated, and Bohemia decided it was the perfect time to take over Silesia,
only to discover that Hungary guaranteed silesian independance. So Bohemia and Hungary got into a war.
Also Mazovia is no longer guaranteed by Hungary, so I Decide this is the perfect time to take Mazovia and
some Bohemian Provinces.

2m.jpg

I declare war on Mazovia and Bohemia and Pommerania joins them. but I also got some allies :p. And they're loyal too.

2n.jpg

I quickly defeat and besiege the mazovians, and put my troops on the Schlesian cultured provinces, while Austria does the hard work.
Bohemia and Hungary make a white peace (which seems to happen often if you declare war on a nations that already is in a war).
And Austria has to defeat the returning Bohemian armies.

2o.jpg

The siege of Mazovia is finished and we annex them.

2p.jpg

2q.jpg

After we have taken Breslau and Ratibor, we demand the above peace, which the bohemians accept.

2r.jpg

Pommerania somehow was the alliance leader of my enemy, and they were defeated by brandenburg and lithuania,
this meant I Got quite some money from them. During the last years I used the money to build temples in my provinces.
At the moment I have 10 cavalry regiment and 6 infantry regiments.

Just a note: from now on, I will give every part a chapter, as you could have seen. But i will also add a teaser for my MMP
AAR. you will probably now what that aar is gonna be after the second or third teaser but we will see.

First teaser: I will be playing a OPM..

@ comagoosie: I actually got a few more rebellions, but my army is a lot bigger now, and I defeat them quite quick now.

@ enewald: Thnx for the luck, I used some of it during part two, (the independance of croatia and the bohemian-hungarian war were both quite lucky) But what does DV mean?

DV = diplovassalize
DA= diploannex

Easier that way to say those things. :D

Inflation free income is always useful.
And go Romaion!

Should Lithuania soon be inherited?

Great read :D Quick question: For Russia to form, it needs Chernigov or Smolensk... How will you go about this? Will you sell all of Lithuanias provinces that are not in your culture group (but in Russias) or..?

Wait...can you command inheritance. I haven't been in a PU with anyone in NI and I don't know what is different.

It would be kinda gamey to demand inheritance.

Anyways, great work so far.

Well i can't diplovassalize the byzantines, since they're orthodox and i'm catholic. For the PU with Lithuania, I'm not sure how the inheritance works. But I believe that if your relations are high enough and you're king dies you've got a good chance you will inherit them. But that was changed earlier, I think in NA. You can't demand inheritance for as far as I know.

I haven't really payed much attention to this yet, I'm more busy abusing Lithuania to take down enemies.
Can anyone help me out with this? So we know for sure....

Interesting idea, good luck making everyone your vassal. You'll need it. ;)

Zlovie said:
Well i can't diplovassalize the byzantines, since they're orthodox and i'm catholic. For the PU with Lithuania, I'm not sure how the inheritance works. But I believe that if your relations are high enough and you're king dies you've got a good chance you will inherit them. But that was changed earlier, I think in NA. You can't demand inheritance for as far as I know.
High enough relations when king dies is exactly how it works.

I'm curious though, how are you going to have all those larger nations (Italy, Russia) as your vassals... The AI won't accept a peace offer over 100%, that includes the vassal option (if its say 104%)

The Wookiee said:
High enough relations when king dies is exactly how it works.

I'm curious though, how are you going to have all those larger nations (Italy, Russia) as your vassals... The AI won't accept a peace offer over 100%, that includes the vassal option (if its say 104%)

The idea is, that I vassalize small nations (which I named in the beginning: pskov, mantua, anhalt and friesland) and help them expand, i'll let them do the sieges, demand provinces for them and sell them provinces, so that they will be able to unify.... I'll have to take some provinces from for example the byzantines before I can vassalize, and I'll probably sell them back to them later.

about the personal union, will you always inherit if your relations are high enough? Or will you have a chance to inherit?