• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Simon B

General
73 Badges
Mar 11, 2006
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • For The Glory
VIP:R 0.2 Status Update Thread

Is there any info on release for the new version?? Previews or something? I'm really looking foward to VIP:R 0.2 but I can't find any info about it.

Simon B said:
Is there any info on release for the new version?? Previews or something? I'm really looking foward to VIP:R 0.2 but I can't find any info about it.

Still in Alpha stage. My PC dying delayed things a couple weeks, and still waiting on completion of Taiping before start beta testing.

My guess is 0.2 will be sometime late spring 08 (May-June)

When does the beta testing start?

Eärendil said:
When does the beta testing start?

Probably not for another month. the current beta team though is working through the alpha stage.

Dietmar1982 said:
I think it's a series of events, simulating the taiping revolts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiping_Rebellion
nodding.gif

VIP:R 0.2 will be excellent, can't wait.

This thread will be used for announcements regarding timeline for release and eventually sneak peaks at new features.

At this point release is expected sometime in Spring 2008

Crimson said:
I was wondering if VIP:R 0.2 will include the First World War?

Not likely.

We do hope to have the Balkan wars of 1912-1913 added in, but are still working to develop the alliance system from the 1880s onward (Triple Alliance, Triple Entente etc).

Since the Balkan Wars were fought outside the alliance system (in fact the Balkan League defied the Great Powers in starting war with the Ottomans in 1912) we could develop those separately. But getting the actual alliance system that would trigger fighting in '14 is another issue altogether.

The biggest problem is that the AI nations tend to start colonial wars, which makes it difficult to keep alliances developed. Unfortunately, it has been difficult to work against this desire of the AI to use colonial wars as a separate tool of policy, and since colonial wars are not full wars, it skews the historical environment we are trying to maintain.

Maybe by 0.3 we'll have something workable, but at this point we still need to get a functioning alliance system in place that will hold for at least the last decade or so before the war without the AI starting ahistoric conflicts in the colonial sphere.

Crimson said:
I was wondering if VIP:R 0.2 will include the First World War?
I've read a few days ago, here, of someone working on some merging between SR WW1 events and VIP.

Vip:r 0.2?

Will it soon be made available for us to play?

I read that it be ready for spring 2008, And yet its spring 2008 here in Great Britain but no sign of a release or even a speak preview :(

Could i also add that you should think about adding the units and attachments graphics to the new mod

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=301623&page=1

I think they look great an will add more freshness to the mod !!

See stickied thread up at the top of this subforum

Still in development.

I was going to post there, But it is locked so i started a new topic.

Can't you tell us a little more about it?

Or is it still underwraps ;)

btw, I'd like to command you for all your hard work, It must come a little repetitive after awhile, I should know, I'm currently updating a another game thought its not really script work like vicky but boy, Sometimes i just can't be botherd :D

Among the changes

New resources (sugar, capital ship hulls, chemicals) and New Factories (synth nitrate factory, chemical plant, capital shipyard)

Taiping is now modelled as a full war between China and the Taiping as a separate state (much as the US Civil War is modelled with a separate CSA).

the Balkan Wars of 1912-1913 are now fully modded in.

as tech research rises in the second half of the game, costs will increase for education and crime fighting to replicate the growing development of sophisticated security and educational infrastructures. Similary further research in army and navy will increase overall defense spending costs.

If all goes well in the remainder of testing, a target date of late May, before the American Memorial Day holiday, is what we are aiming for public release. but again, that is not inscribed in stone, and may change as needed.

Great, Always been fond of Bulgaria, Visited there two times on holiday, I can finally take Macedonia and stuff the Turks and later the Greeks :D

I'm interested to know what the capital shipyards will produce, Seeing as the later ships only need steamer convoys, And thus steamer shipyards. Maybe you are changing dreadnoughts to be capital convoys or something.

Anyhow, Thanks for the information!!!

Lord_Protector said:
I'm interested to know what the capital shipyards will produce, Seeing as the later ships only need steamer convoys, And thus steamer shipyards. Maybe you are changing dreadnoughts to be capital convoys or something.

That is exactly it, all ships starting with PDNs and PCs will require hulls rather than steamers.