• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(1823)

Johan's Home Account
Mar 14, 2001
I am GBR.. about 1530s, got the british isles, and the canadian coast. Playing a very colonial game to balancetest naval asepcts. My country got about a thirf of it reformed or protestant. Northern Ireland, Lincoln/Cumbria/Lancashire & Southwest England are staunch protetsants, with Wessex&Kent reformed territory..

I keep steadily getting a province every 2nd year leaving the one true catholic faith, and I finally feels I have to make a choice.
Since only Denmark, Riga and some german states have embraced protestants, I do not really want to leave the Catholic world. And since its only about 10 years since the Council of Ratibor, I elect to embrace the counterreform. That involved some nice extra efficient missionaries besides other things.

I spend a large amount of money paying missionary activies in most of england. Which takes time.. And costs a steady upkeep. And increases revolt risk in those provinces.

Now, since I am trying to not lose alot of money, and dont want to appear weak infront of France, I just pay my large armies less...

Thats when the series of disaster starts..

First, Protestant Zealots rise in Cornwall. Nice I think.. Only 7,000 men and only 1k of those is cavalry. I move down my army, 15,000 men strong, with artillery and cavalry supporting the 10,000 strong infantry.

Of course, I should have assigned them a leader AND paid them some salary first, as my army is routed....

Then, while my troops retreat along the coast, I see them assaulting Cornwall, and winning..

Then I get lucky, and see that the people in Gloucestershire now have accepted the catholic faith finally...

Only to realise that the protestant army is marching on Gloucestershire, and another protestant army has risen in support.

They will reach gloucestershire before my troops, and it will be an even battle. I am low on money, so give Georg II his first command, and he turns out as a great 4/4 leader. I wait one month to recover morale, and then I give the order to attack.

The battle rages back and forth, but Augustus Braddock, the 3/3 leader of the protestants is no slouch, and its even.

And Georg II, King of England, Ireland and Scotland dies at the battlefield, and his army is routed.

And before my army reaches its origin, the rebels have taken Gloucestershire, and since they are rebels with a cause, the fickle people have turned Protestants again..

Aargh...

Sounds like religious rebellions will be quite a bit of fun in IN! :D

Cool, can't wait for IN! :D

We are the Expansion that say NI! Er, IN!
IN! IN!

You shall bring us a.... RELEASE DATE!

Sounds like religious turmoil is going to be a real pain. I love it!

How is the Reformation in IN?

In vanilla EU3 it was rather weak. Religious rebels seem to increase the power of the reformation, especially with the convert province effect of succesful sieges. I guess the fixed tolerance, will leave very little tolerance from Catholics towards Lutherans and Calvinists, which creates larger religious revolts and so on, but Denmark and some Baltic provinces (plus all the Protestant provinces in Catholic countries)? That seems a bit low in 1530. Please tell that the Reformation has been improved, and can bring all of Europe out of balance. Council of Ratibor? If so few provinces/nations are Protestants, should it really happen so soon? How will early heresies be represented? Like Lollards, Hussites and Bogumils? A religious map from your game could be quite interesting... :D

Filip de Norre said:
which creates larger religious revolts and so on, but Denmark and some Baltic provinces (plus all the Protestant provinces in Catholic countries)? :D

most of northern germany is protestant/reformed.. some parts of france as well.. scandinavia too..

Balor said:
most of northern germany is protestant/reformed.. some parts of france as well.. scandinavia too..

That sounds promising, but what is the reason, that the countries haven't converted? Because INMO it is rather important that states with majority of Protestants reform, to increase the power of the Reformation, unless they have extremely good relations to major catholic powers like in southern Germany. Could you explain that to a hungering IN-fan? :rolleyes: