• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
BritishImperial said:
chilling, as many others have said. its nice to see europe working together for a change, thats one thing the chimera have brought thats good.

Dosn't look like it mattered, they got crushed anyway ;)

Why Europe always gets the worst of it? :rolleyes:

Stefke said:
well as far as i understood the chimera are a race who already have veeery advanced technology(they have their home planet as far as i understood) and in the tungska(or whatever) event primitive lifeforms of chimera were send to the earth.over the years the chimera evolved in an unbelivable speed i think because they have learned to manipulate their evolution on a genetic level.once they have evolved(since chimera thrive in cold) they simply spread all over russia very fast.they didnt immidietly attack europe after russia but it seems their technology is so advanced they manage to manipulate the weather and make it cold so they can thrive

i dont think anyone actually said where they come from, but theres no indication theyr alien - more of an alternate evolution of humans, as they make chimera out of humans, or a genetic experiment by the russians that went wrong. its very hard to say though, as some of their technology was buried under our cities, suggesting they were here before, which might mean they are alien. hopefully resistance 2 will clear things up.

BritishImperial said:
i dont think anyone actually said where they come from, but theres no indication theyr alien - more of an alternate evolution of humans, as they make chimera out of humans, or a genetic experiment by the russians that went wrong. its very hard to say though, as some of their technology was buried under our cities, suggesting they were here before, which might mean they are alien. hopefully resistance 2 will clear things up.

The misterious Towers the Chimera are digging up... All in all, the origins of the Chimera is an AAR by itself. I would put my bets on the Tunguska explosion as "second" wave... Let's not spoil the show and wait :D

Fort Campbell, Hopkinsville, Kentucky

[Elements of the newly formed 505th airborne assemble on parade ground in their full battle gear. Each man is stuffed with every conceivable tool and weapon he had been trained to carry. A few men tried to talk, excitement building up in the air as the colonel gave a speech about a counteroffensive, now revealed as Operation ‘Morning Star’. Most of the recruits are eager, having been formed from remnants of the UED airborne that had fought in Europe. Before I hear any more in the speech, Captain Pratt, the new squadron leader for the 1st Polish Air Regiment, shakes my hand and gestures me towards the barracks for the start of the interview ]

The fall of the Warsaw line saw all hell break loose. Chimeran units had immediately spread out in every direction, besieging and capturing cities within a flash. Rocket propelled spires began landing in every major city in Poland. The advance was so fast that they swallowed most of the country’s population within hours. Several million people were trapped within pockets from Lvov to Danzig. Romania was even worse. Some brilliant tactician over there decided to withdraw the entire army southwards not westwards, all forty divisions. Not only did it leave a huge gap in central front’s right flank, but the only thing south of Romania was the Danube river. With the Chimera on their backs you can see why they call it the’ Bloody Danube’ to this day.

As you know, the armchair generals blamed it all towards us. Telling the general public how the air force had failed to fulfill their role in the UED defense, how we had failed to properly scout and detect the massive buildup behind the Russian wall that had preceded the offensive. This is completely bull for two reasons. One, the air force cannot control the weather. I know the story you hear mostly is from the ground, about how soldiers from the central front ran out of ammunition and supplies within the two days, and how we failed to resupply them in time. But where was our side? How many men are telling stories about the dozens of pilots who risked their necks flying in near blizzard conditions to make their supply drops? We lost a lot of good pilots, no, threw away a lot of good pilots because the generals on the ground couldn’t get their act together.

You can’t resupply? Well that is what roads are for! Only the brass didn’t bother making sure we had enough trucks to ship it. Sure, we had enough ammo stacked up in our warehouses to make any attack on the front a proverbial meat grinder but did anyone ever think that we needed more vehicles to ship it to the men firing it?! Essentially, the brass told us, the air force, to take over a job that they failed to do. The air arm of the military was just born in the Great War, no massive air resupply operation of this scale had ever been attempted in the history of mankind, and they expected us to pull a miracle in two days?

Secondly, was the Chimera. This doesn’t surprise you of course. Sure the Chimera lacked an air force at that time, but they didn’t need one. All of our pilots learned to fear the Stalker, aside from being a walking tank with dual machine guns, it had the ability to fire accurate missiles as an anti-air measure. No one has the statistics, but these were fatal almost 100% of the time.

stalker-1.jpg

The Chimeran battle tank : Stalker - UED reports confirm that the stalker was single handedly responsible for almost all allied air casualties during the invasion. The technology that goes into the stalker is a mystery to this day.

The worst part was…Winter Storm. I’m certain that someone on the ground either botched up the report or lied to high command. Winter Storm was the perfect answer to the Russian army, a large body that was not organized enough for any operation aside from massive human wave attacks. It called for several battalions of paratroopers and air strikes behind enemy lines, while our tank divisions stabbed holes along the entire Russian front, encircling the Russian divisions while our infantry mopped them up. Thing is, the Chimera were not Russian, they had better weapons, even more numbers and a bloodlust that would make the devil cringe.

Ironic isn’t it? Our tactics were designed to combat a disorganized enemy with huge numbers, yet numbers was what broke the counter offensive. Our armored divisions literally grinded to a halt because bodies, both human and Chimera, had choked up the roads and cities. I don’t know who, but some genius in Luxembourg decided to send the paratroopers in anyway. Never mind the fact that they were supposed to be coordinated with the armor and infantry counterattack. Paratroops alone cannot hold onto territory permanently, they are there to disrupt the enemy lines so that the real attack can occupy the objective. When I think of how many men we sent into Poland even as the Warsaw line cracked, when we could have had those men in rearguard actions or the planes to evacuate personnel at least.….[he grips his fist]

That isn’t to say the air force was completely destroyed. We pulled a few fast ones on the Chimera for sure. The Germans were a great asset to the Polish resistance, offering their Junkers and Stukas to help with our fight. They can be credited with a good chunk of our kills on that front. Not to say that the Polish Air Force didn't perform. Our squadron alone had helped disable a good hundred or so Stalkers, but they kept on coming, for every one of the enemy armor we disable, two more take its place.

Flying over Poland at that time was a haunting sight. We could tell where the cities were just by looking at the pyres of smoke. While the entire countryside was infested with Chimera. There were so many of them, that they covered the land like a black swarm. Many pilots had done straffing runs on them but they were either tagged and shot down or the Chimera just limped on as though nothing had happened. Nothing affected them! We bombed their columns, literally killed thousands of them as they bunched together to attack a choke point, but they still overwhelmed the infantry we were sent to support. We flew missions at night, and we could always tell where the Chimera were by the eerie red glow their equipment emitted, we saw the dozens of yellow flashes and small gun battles going on in the forests. How our paratroopers were desperately trying to fight their way out of the nightmare they were sent into. What struck us most was how the red lights would all slowly congregate towards the flares and gun shots, snuffing almost all of them out within hours.

I’m not saying that this was unavoidable, how our weapons and planning were inadequate to the task, no one could foresee this. But it always pains me to see that we still blindly threw our men, good men, out there even after we realized that the original plan had failed. What we achieved was to just have them consumed by the Chimera.

I doubt I’d recognize them now, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they are already taking to the front lines against us, now as Chimeran soldiers. It’s sort of a poetic revenge wouldn’t you say?

The last thing I remember seeing over Poland before we were told to retreat, were these long lines of octopus like things all over the country. They were coming out of the cities, in lines that stretched for miles. At the time, We didn't know what they were, or what they were doing, but it was chilling. Reminded me of a long line of ants marching away from a dead corpse carrying bits of food with them if you ask me. I was right in a sense, as we learned later.

They were collecting human bodies.

resistance1.jpg

The 'Carriers', unknown in number and origin, have been spotted following a Chimera advance. With lines stretching for miles, they have been seen mostly in former population centres such as Warsaw and Riva.

Last edited:
Sir Humphrey Thanks! :D Hope you will find future installments just as good

Shonison Maps will be included with future updates, but thanks for the compliment! ;) I always found that given words, the mind can conjure up more dramatic images than what a map or picture could

Kurt_Steiner Thank you Kurt! Yes, bloody and vicoius, seems to describe the Chimera Modus operandi :O

Stefke Thanks Stefke! I'm glad you enjoyed it :D and i am very flattered by the compliment :eek:

stnylan unbelievably...it gets worse ;)

Enewald Thanks Enewald! May future installments also serve to terrify you :D

BritishImperial True, I do wonder if anything similar to a united Europe front has fled to America. we'll find out in resistance 2

Fulcrumvale Glad the effect hasn't worn off :D thanks!

Kasakka Thanks so much Kasakka! For the compliment! I'll of course, be sure to mod in some extra divisions for the states and the human alliance when I do assume that role. At the moment, i'm still trying to give Russia all the provinces in the world as cores, would you know?

As for Finland, i gave it a brief mention, but i am definately planning an update involving the scandanavian peninsula. look forward to it soon :D

I Killed Kenny Thanks! without the weather they might have, but for how long? who knows

Ksim3000 Thanks Ksim! And don't you worry, i plan on devoting an extensive future update to explain exactly how the logistics of the chimera work :)

As for rommel, hoth and guderian hehe, the Rhineland campaign should be interesting.

Publishing? I do hope to do something like that in the future. Who knows

Chicken If I was Von Manstein, i would have absolutely no clue what the hell was going on in poland ;)

kurt steiner said:
Yes, that would be interesting, as it is one of the big questions that is flouting around. I suppose, as they are an alien race -because they are... I guess... that part it's also confusing depending on who you read-, they have a great techonological skill. TreizeV whas the last word about it, in the end

Well technically the fine people at Insomniac have the last word :D but that question will be addressed. Its an oral history, i have room to address anything in detail muhahahha

Stefke said:
well as far as i understood the chimera are a race who already have veeery advanced technology(they have their home planet as far as i understood) and in the tungska(or whatever) event primitive lifeforms of chimera were send to the earth.over the years the chimera evolved in an unbelivable speed i think because they have learned to manipulate their evolution on a genetic level.once they have evolved(since chimera thrive in cold) they simply spread all over russia very fast.they didnt immidietly attack europe after russia but it seems their technology is so advanced they manage to manipulate the weather and make it cold so they can thrive

I tend to subscribe to the idea that the CHimera did possess the technological know how beforehand. Whether they were aliens or primitive lifeforms on the earth, is up for speculation (evil laugh)

winner said:
Dosn't look like it mattered, they got crushed anyway

Why Europe always gets the worst of it?

Cause the French live there..:rofl:

In all seriousness, there's something very psychologically powerful about having to see the birthplace of western civilization, the home of all the world's imperial powers, crushed like it was nothing. Really highlights the intensity of the threat.

this is still just as chilling as in the beginning and i can't wait for the next update. and when germany falls are Rommel, Manstein and company going to make it out or will they be lost to the Chimera?

That would be a lot less terrifying if they touched the ground. :rofl:

Another chilling update! I really did feel sorry for the paratroopers that were lost on the ground. I am hoping that maybe one or a couple managed to escape the Chimera and make it back to the frontlines. Would certainly be an interesting story of survival.....

Still it is amazing at how the Chimera were able to advance. Let me get this straight. The UED forces were inflicting heavy casualties upon the Chimera but they just kept on coming, right? I was under the impression before they only recieved light to moderate casualties whilst it was the Humans recieving the bulk.

Scandinavia should certainly be interesting. Hopefully we'll get to see some more updates into Asia also. I especially am looking forward to seeing how the Japanese in particular dealt with the Chimeran invasion (if it ever reached their homeland but most probably did) A POV from a surviving Japanese soldier (even better, make it a Geisha! :D ) would certainly be intriguing.....

Lastly, that would be most excellent on explaining how their logistics work. Would be interested in how they control and operate their frontlines.

And yes, you should certainly delve into publishing. I feel it would be right up your alley. ;) Honestly, I feel like I am reading a professional published work here and not just merely an AAR.

You'd certainly triumph over that chap who wrote the Drakia Novel series anyway. :D

Ksim3000 said:
You'd certainly triumph over that chap who wrote the Drakia Novel series anyway. :D

That's easy, because they suck anyways. *ducks out fo the line of fire for rotten eggs and tomatoes*

Seriously, I'll never pay the read a book Series were Earth is essentially handed over to the Enemy. Simply not my thing.

An unstoppable steam roller, indeed.

Enewald said:
So they turn dead bodies into chimera... then you can't beat them... :eek:

Not dead corpses, but in a coma state...

TreizeV said:

I fully agree.

Let's kill the Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeench!!!!!

:D

The 'carriers' and that last paragraph distinctly remind me of that chapter in War of the Worlds where the narrator is trapped with a mad pastor in the house, where they see 'the spider' gathering up some people, and so on.

Kurt_Steiner said:
I fully agree.

Let's kill the Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeench!!!!!

:D

*official voice* Oi! They are Germanys trusted Allies!*

*real voice* Arrogant scum! Go get them!

TreizeV said:
Sir Humphrey Thanks! :D Hope you will find future installments just as good

Shonison Maps will be included with future updates, but thanks for the compliment! ;) I always found that given words, the mind can conjure up more dramatic images than what a map or picture could

Kurt_Steiner Thank you Kurt! Yes, bloody and vicoius, seems to describe the Chimera Modus operandi :O

Stefke Thanks Stefke! I'm glad you enjoyed it :D and i am very flattered by the compliment :eek:

stnylan unbelievably...it gets worse ;)

Enewald Thanks Enewald! May future installments also serve to terrify you :D

BritishImperial True, I do wonder if anything similar to a united Europe front has fled to America. we'll find out in resistance 2

Fulcrumvale Glad the effect hasn't worn off :D thanks!

Kasakka Thanks so much Kasakka! For the compliment! I'll of course, be sure to mod in some extra divisions for the states and the human alliance when I do assume that role. At the moment, i'm still trying to give Russia all the provinces in the world as cores, would you know?

As for Finland, i gave it a brief mention, but i am definately planning an update involving the scandanavian peninsula. look forward to it soon :D

I Killed Kenny Thanks! without the weather they might have, but for how long? who knows

Ksim3000 Thanks Ksim! And don't you worry, i plan on devoting an extensive future update to explain exactly how the logistics of the chimera work :)

As for rommel, hoth and guderian hehe, the Rhineland campaign should be interesting.

Publishing? I do hope to do something like that in the future. Who knows

Chicken If I was Von Manstein, i would have absolutely no clue what the hell was going on in poland ;)

Well technically the fine people at Insomniac have the last word :D but that question will be addressed. Its an oral history, i have room to address anything in detail muhahahha

I tend to subscribe to the idea that the CHimera did possess the technological know how beforehand. Whether they were aliens or primitive lifeforms on the earth, is up for speculation (evil laugh)

In all seriousness, there's something very psychologically powerful about having to see the birthplace of western civilization, the home of all the world's imperial powers, crushed like it was nothing. Really highlights the intensity of the threat.

Exactly why its up to america to save the day!

I was just wondering, are the n00krz around in this timeline? Manhattan project may become the last hope of the humanity against these monsters...