• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sweboy

Lt. General
25 Badges
Sep 29, 2007
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • 200k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
This is my first attempt to an AAR so lets see how it goes.

I am playing the Knights NA 2.2 and using Nom's Random map mod (0.4.1), which can be found here

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327843

My game plan is to retake Jerusalem and the Holy land and donate it to the Pope. I will try to convert all infidels I come across by invading them and then converting them. I will only go to war with Catholic countries if I am dragged into the war via an alliance and not on my own accord (I hope I will be able to keep this one).

I will also try to become an ally of the Pope and use my other allies in my crusade to find and retake Jerusalem.

Expect it to be wars, wars and more wars. Hopefully I will survive long enough to find Jerusalem before someone crushes me.

This is my neck of the world at the start of the game.

Start.jpg

Jerusalem is (due to some fluke with the mod) lost in the mist of times and I only know it is located somewhere west of my continent.

As can be seen on this map, some of my neighbours needs to be converted to the true faith.

Religion.jpg

During my first year The Teutonic order becomes my ally but the Papacy rejects my offer of an alliance.

To convert my neighbours to the true faith I recruit some mercenaries and take first Morea and then Athens.

Twowarslater.jpg

When my economy will allow it I'll go after Trebizond (sp) NE of my country.

If someone knows how to extract a world map from this mod please tell. I would like to be able to post a map of the know world.

Very interesting, I really like this mod and the results it may produce in the game, I'll be following

What a fascinating idea! A Great Quest AAR!

I'll keep tabs on this.

Thanks!

Rensslaer

Thanks! I do know roughly where the Holy Land is but this mod has put it in Terra Incognita for some reason. As soon as I get my first national idea, I will start looking for it. Meanwhile I will continue to convert my neighbours to the true faith and build myself an Ark for my army.

Crazy looking map, can we see a screenshot of the whole world?

Good luck, surviving as Jerusalem would be even harder in a new world.

Here is a map I have manage to extract from the game

TheKnightsworld.jpg

The Knights are in the upper left hand corner (yellow continent) and Judea is somewhere on the continent west of if it (Burgundy).

Last edited:
That is amazing and much more of a logistical nightmare for any would-be mariners.

It looks like the Knights and Judea are situated on the largest contiguous continents. Their lack of width and length could make conquering easier but there's also the issue of everyone being on the coast. It makes for good trade but could be hazardous if you anger someone who isn't afraid to load up the transports and pay you a visit.

This looks like a fun map!

I did play a bit more last night and to my great surprise Trebizond declared war on me. It was an easy morsel for the mighty Knights of Malta but I my silly ass forgot to save it. I have the pics but not the save. Have reconstructed the war.

To be continued...

In November Trebizond decides it would be a good idea to attack me. As expected this ended in tears for them. With God on our side we annexed them in March 1454.

Warthree.jpg

But all was not well within the Knighthoods realm. The three wars during the last year has driven our realm to the brink or ruin. We have taken five loans from our ally The Teutonic order. They should know that simony is a sin...

The Knights tried to recruite Transulvania as an ally in our quest of the Holy Land in May 1454, but they rejected us. God will punish them for their folly!

Transreject.jpg

In December we are offered two alliances. First the bishopric of Mainz joins us in our holy quest and then Hungary.

God has also punished Transylvania for rejecting us. First the became a minor to Silesia mid war with Bohemia, who annexed them for their sins.

After a rather uneventful year The Greeks revolted against our rule. God will punish them severely for this madness (plus I cant afford to pay 30 ducats for the other option)

Revoltinggreeks.jpg