• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(80269)

Private
Jul 13, 2007
Welcome!
This is a cooperative AAR of El Salvador. But do not be put off - I have played several "test" games as El Salvador and I assure you that there is an empire waiting to be built.

The AAR will start in 1861, on Revolutions (with VIP installed, if that makes any difference). I am hoping for a relatively fast-paced game, as I have observed that slowing down to a halt has condemned more than one Coop AAR to a premature death - but I will not rush it!

For staff, I am looking for people to fill at least the following roles:
General and commander-in-chief of the Army
Other Generals
Admiral and commander-in-chief of the Navy
Diplomatic Advisor and Foreign Minister
Minister of the Interior and Minister of the Economy.
Our main goal is of course to create a stable enonomy and well-respected nation, but the total conquest of Central and South America by would be nice... and much more realistic than you would think. It is easy to create a mid-sized nation in the first five years simply by creating a small army and invading the bordering ex-USCA countries (who have no army).

I look forward to seeing a prosperous El Salvador!
Manuel José Arce

Last edited:
LLi262 said:
Welcome!
This is a cooperative AAR of El Salvador. But do not be put off - I have played several "test" games as El Salvador and I assure you that there is an empire waiting to be built.

The AAR will start in 1861, on Revolutions (with VIP installed, if that makes any difference). I am hoping for a relatively fast-paced game, as I have observed that slowing down to a halt has condemned more than one Coop AAR to a premature death - but I will not rush it!

For staff, I am looking for people to fill at least the following roles:
General and commander-in-chief of the Army
Other Generals
Admiral and commander-in-chief of the Navy
Diplomatic Advisor and Foreign Minister
Minister of the Interior and Minister of the Economy.
Our main goal is of course to create a stable enonomy and well-respected nation, but the total conquest of Central and South America by would be nice... and much more realistic than you would think. It is easy to create a mid-sized nation in the first five years simply by creating a small army and invading the bordering ex-USCA countries (who have no army).

I look forward to seeing a prosperous El Salvador!
Manuel José Arce

Great! I'll do it! I just don't know what to do. I've never read or joined in on a Coop. AAR.

Ill take comander in cheif of the army.

Thank you all for your cooperation and I welcome you all to the start of this Coop AAR.

-tylerhink, basically a Coop AAR is a game of Victoria where the major roles are taken up by different people. Leaders use the forum to enact their powers etc. Its hard to explain, try taking a quick glimpse at some of the other Coop AARs around. Also, try seeing what role you would like.

As a general note for you all, you will all know that El Salvador is not the biggest nation to play as, but I have reached as far as 2nd place overall. The key is to create a small, one-division army and invade neighbouring nations, none of whom have armies or reserves. Thus we can establish a relativley stable base in central america from which to expand our influence. Huge prestige is also gained in the beginning stages of the game, up to 125, because of various good peace treaties from surrendering powers.

Thank you all,
Manuel José Arce

Ok, no-one else seems to be interested in our little El Salvador Coop AAR. Oh well, 4 people is enough to run a country.

Firstly, mad general, I'd like you to draw up plans for the invasion of our neighbours Guatemala. They own provinces 1706, 1709, 1710, 1711; we only own province 1712. See map.

Our population (17% literacy) consists of 7000 capitalists, 7000 clergymen and 57000 labourers. The labourers work in a level 1 coffee plantation making 1.24 profit a day. I suggest splitting the labouring part of the population into three - then using one of those three in order to gain manpower (we start with no soldiers, so no manpower). Then purchasing 5.00 small arms will be neccesary, in order to make a one-division army.

For now, our economy is making +£0.0 a day, with £0.1 coming from the poor taxes (all taxes are 33.3%) and £0.1 on education spending (all spendings are at 50%). Maintainence is on full but we have nothing to maintain, and tarrifs are set to 0.

Waiting for the cowardly Guatemalans to surrender giving us a 100 prestige gain and all of their territory (minus their capital, Guatemala, province 1711).

After this war we will no doubt earn a substantial amount of prestige; we will then sell province 1706 to Mexico if such an action is profitable, as it has a mainly mexican population and will give us nothing but riots.

For further expansion, it would be rewarding to look into the other ex-USCA nations who have no army (Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica). If funds are sufficient, we must improve our relations with the United Kindom (who currently occupy Belize, province 1707) in order to avoid a war with them.

I must make it clear that from this point onwards, new members are still welcome. We have simply started the game.

well we need 2 armys, 1 to march on 1711 and 1709 and the 2nd army will go through 1711,1710 to 1712 and finaly to 1709, oh yea is this a multyplayer game or do we just give u advice and u play it 4 us under r ideas? I am a member of the Hearts of Iron2 1st British co-op aar, it is not multyplayer.

oh so its multyplayer, i dont like multyplayer cause it takes for ever to load and then crashes.

What is our relationships with the UK and Mexico, is it worth to try neogotiating with them? What resourses are being pruduced in Flores, something valueable?

If Flores produces iron, coal or something like that we shouldn't sell unless we start with atleast +100 with Mexico