• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

henryjai

Field Marshal
28 Badges
Dec 22, 2005
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Darkest Hour
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
The French Revolution!- Revolutionary France AAR

Current progress of AAR is @ around page 8 "The Russian Campaign-part 2"

***********dead********** update in 999999999999999 days.

this is intent to be a short AAR with the following starting conditions...

eu380wv0.png

my goal would be the conquest of Europe, if i have time, i would go for the other parts of the world, no cheating at all, of course!

i am not very experience in EUIII but i will try my best! The AAR will obviously in English , too bad that English isn't my native language...

i will try my best to record the battles!

Last edited:
The First Coalition

This is France in 179, the French Monarchy is overthrown, but she's now hated by everybody...

36696793hi1.jpg

The only Armies in France is the 1st army and the 2nd army, and a small fleet of only 61 ships, forturnately, France Started with the largest army in the world, seconded by our potential enemy, Russia.

42386865mz2.png

80229439tc0.jpg

Unforturnately, France is rather poor compared to the other major powers, say, Spain, Great Britain, Russia, and the other bad news is that an army needs money to maintain them,
Even if the French Citizens are willing to join the army without being paid, but they still need to make ammunitions, make weapons, make uniforms, and the money to pay for the food...

81714972mx2.jpg

92601705eu7.jpg

about 55 ducats are spent every month just for those expense, which is necessary for the survival of France! not to mention that the French army will expand further to meet the needs of Conquest.

The income will be allocated to the development of the ruling system of the Republic, to ensure a fair system for everybody in the Republic...

France has a very limited Oversea Territories, or what so called "colonies" , obviously the French Fleet won't be free enough to bother the defence of those islands...until the Conquest of Europe.

still, there are still men not willing to join the army, they will be exiled to those islands as a punishment, too bad we have to pay the fee of shipment since it's too far away to walk, or swim to the island of bourbon, many previous nobles that survived the first days of revolution are on board now...

77056170ml6.jpg

There are many bastards that tries to stop the revolution, obviously we have more men than them, at least for now, but we should be cautious that anyone could join them in anytime...

74419668fb8.jpg

Warplan

warplan1ui2.jpg

Assume no other major powers join the fighting against us , my plan is to

1. wipe out Austrian presence in Belgium, to ensure that no enemy could sneak to paris while our army is fighting somewhere else, (purple circle)

2. the French border to the German states is planned to be a defensive line to kill off enemy troops, about 30k men will be on duty there. (Blue)

3. The Italian states will also be my first targets, after conquest of Austrian Belgium, our army will quickly sweep to those lands, if possible(assume no major naval powers stops us, a landing on the island of Sardinia will be carried out, or else a quick peace with Sardinia piedmont will be preferred.

Wartax will be avoid since war exhaustion could kill as contant war is expected.

Last edited:
henryjai said:
(assume no major naval powers stops us, a landing on the island of Sardinia will be carried out, or else a quick peace with Sardinia piedmont will be preferred.
Sounds supiciously like England, doesn't it?

An interesting start. Good luck on this.

Good luck! And death to the Aristo's!

t0m said:
whoes fleet is that in southern France, is it the French Revolutionary fleet?
btw nice AAR really good.

It looks like Piedmont-Savoie's fleet, France is at war with them..

Ahhh France , a nation whom I haven't read about in a while . Let's see how this goes . I personally dislike the revolution - too much anticlericism , but it's still romantic in its own way .

I remember playing this! Eventually I got enough ships to dominate navally but otherwise I made the terrible mistake of actually signing peace treaties with people.

Don't. If they're occupied and at war with you, the worst they can do is spawn some rebels. If they've lost some insignificant land to you in a peace deal (and that's all you're going to get you know, from things like Portugal/Spain/Netherlands) they'll just hire more mercenaries and declare war on you in three months no matter the stab hit.

Also, in this scenario, I think turbo-annexing is fine. It's to simulate revolutions.

Hmm being the reincarnation of Napoleon, I fully aprove this AAR. Carry on ;)

Ahura Mazda : Spain, Portugal, The Netherlands, Russia(?), Great Britain, there are many people with better fleets than me, sadly, and moreover, ships are expensive to me since i am +2 land and with a relatively poor income.

Gigalocus: the AI may be rubbish, but after all, they got more!

English Patriot: that's a bug, but doesn't matter, that's merely 1 Sardinia ship.

thank you for support!

and i am going to play now, luckily 2.1 is just out , heh, i shall install before play a day! (i will reload the day i started, hope this won't disappoint you)

The early Victories

the French high Command decided to split off their grand army into 2, one heading for Austrian Belgium, and one heading for defensive line in metz...

armymarchts7.jpg

The High Command expect in October we should have seized that province our grand army is moving to.

The Paris Citizens are suddenly, or not , very confident in the revolution when they see the impressive army, however, they are worrying about who will be responsible for the defense of Capitol, The French Newspaper claimed to have 10000 men, however the truth is that 1000 men lead by Albert De Luynes, the poor soldiers there will be marching in the city all the day in order to pretent to have many men there.

Meanwhile , many young people are joining the army, the High Command are planning to place them in the south lines, to prevent any bastards from harming the citizens before our Army in North Arrives.

in order to get sardinia in peacedeal without occupying it, the Intelligence Agency will be responsible for printing Propagandas that will Claim that province a rightful territory of France.

eu310tu5.jpg

after a few days our diplomat arrive in Sardinia , demanding all their territory but their capitol, Those poor King of Sardinia Pietmont has no choice but to give up.

eu312wc0.jpg

note that the National Bank has very few money in it now(spent on recruitment...)... those money are for emergency purposes.

The first Engagements, or more precisely, Engulfment of the dogs of the aristocrat dogs result in an eventual Victory, the enemies are defeated in almost no time.

the High Command is very pleased of Davout's Performance after receiving the message of victory, and of course, the French citizens love him as no French men died in battle. And the Austrians have 4000 killed, 3000 captured and 1000 missing...

eu316rl3.jpg

a French Horseman in Toulouse's 1st Regiment wrote in his diary in Friday 3rd of November:
"... we are ordered to flank the enemy besieging the province of Artois, our officer told us there are about ten thousand of enemies, i can't remember if our first wave of cavalry will charge at noon while the enemies are cooking for lunch, however when we arrive, there is not a single enemy there! (we are late for a while since our officer's watch is not working properly)...our officer looked very disappointed..."

after a few days the French Grand Army besiege the Province of Hainaut, Davout ordered the immediate assault of the Fortress there. the bloody assault is won in 7 days costing of 5000 French lives, this is surely bad news to the families of the soldiers that died for glory.

seigexh8.jpg

siegewonau8.jpg

bad news!, the new french regiments that arrives in Champagne for Final Training are regrouping were suddenly attacked by numerous Austrian Men, the new soldiers are fighting heroically, which of course, they are given the order of not a step backwards! the other bad news is that no reinforcements will be there since the other armies are fighting elsewhere.

heroicbd3.jpg

while the Russians claimed themselves the defender of faith, the siege of Brabant is over, ending the battle for belgium

defenderoffaithnm7.jpg

later the world laugh at the pretensions of Spain, but the soldiers fighting the battle is not laughing at all, the recent battles have been much more bloody.
defenderoffaith2br0.jpg

Last edited:
Victory! the victory of the battle of Champagne and Lothringen show that the french army could win either outnumbered, or not.
victoryik0.jpg

bad news, the Prussians are coming to seek revenge for their Austrian brothers, the newly organized army from champagne will try to reinforce the battle, but Andre Massena doubts if he could win the battle...since french border citizens sighted an army of a few thousands of cavalry, and many thousands of infantry men with about 500 guns are marching in.
dangerqk4.jpg

obviously the Grand Army lead by Davout won't be able to participate in the major battles in the following month...(still in belgium)

Last edited:
This looks like it could well be a very interesting little AAR.