• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

jordarkelf

01_TITLE_STRING
164 Badges
Jul 13, 2005
erbkaiser.nl
  • Impire
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Galactic Assault
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Iron Cross
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Legio
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Ancient Space
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • Dungeonland
  • East India Company
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
The Deus Vult Improvement Pack (DVIP) is a mod that extends the base game without trying to change it too much.
DVIP began as an update of the unofficial 1.06 Improvement Packs that were discussed after Crusader Kings' patch 1.05, but has grown since then.

The intended scope of the DVIP is more or less the following:
-Historic characters at scenario start
-Historic realms and provinces at scenario start
-Edit or add events to allow cultures to change more-or-less historically (melting pots)
-Fix remaining Deus Vult bugs where possible (events, database files, CoAs)

This mod was originally based on the work compiled for CK 1.06 by Byakhiam, and would be impossible without the input of other CK: DV players.
An incomplete thanks list:
Aylo1, Bruit Bleu, Calgacus, Drachenfire, echopapa, FinnN, Hasimir Fenring, gigau, Jinnai, Joe Public, Llywelyn, Mohe, Mrdie, performer, Praetor, Rogan de Auria, tombom, Topher, Vasious, Veldmaarschalk, Walter Hawkwood
Apologies to anyone I left out.

DVIP is 'optimized' for an AI aggressiveness of Weakling (1) or Coward (2) -- I don't play with higher settings myself as it makes the AI go insane, and thus DVIP isn't tested for higher values.
You can pick any difficulty, events are scaled for it.

The DVIP is fully compatible with Crusader Kings Deus Vult with the 2.1 beta patch applied.

I do not support the use of exe hacks / hex edits for CKDV. These might or might not work, but I'm not interested in them. If CK-DV starts crashing after using one of these hacks, do not complain that DVIP is unstable.

---
Install order:
1) Crusader Kings
2) Deus Vult
3) Latest Deus Vult beta patch
4) DVIP
Optional:
5) DVIP addon
6) Optional - but highly recommended: Bopack Graphics from http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365271
7) Any other mods

Attachments

• DVIP-Addon-13.12.2009.zip
    1,1 MB · Views: 17.847
  • DVIP-13.12.2009.zip
    1,9 MB · Views: 20.064
Last edited:
Discussion in this thread please.

----

Hasimir Fenring has translated the DVIP 9.4 in French!

Download the attached file and unzip over the Deus Vult Improvement Pack.

It will translate the in-game text to French, including the new DVIP events and tags. Thanks to HF for allowing me to host it here.

Note to any other translators: if you made a translation of the DVIP, please let me know so I can link to it from here or even upload it.
If there's any way I can help with the translation, do not hesitate to ask. I read and write good German, and can read a passable Italian and French ;)

Attachments

• DVIP french 1.2.zip
    330 KB · Views: 1.318
Last edited:
DVIP Addon

This is an addon for the DVIP and is not usable by itself.
It should be unzipped on top of an existing DVIP install, overwriting all files.

Included:

Event mods:
Jor:
-Break_free.txt: My break free mod. This makes it far more difficult to rule over immense realms covering all the map. More info at http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=326287
-Set_laws.txt: A small series of events that make sure bishoprics, republics, and knight orders have the right laws
-Varia.txt: a number of smaller event mods. Included two events to break up large AI realms, my fertility events, an event to add more courtiers to knight order courts, and my PC friend excommunicates event
-Female_inheritance.txt: A mod that allows female inheritance.

Wiz.txt:
A selection of Wiz's excellent mods:
-Makes AI demobilize during peace times
-Knights with Teeth mod
-Countering CKDV's crazy ass skills (my edits).

Grell:
-Grell's Mod - Emerging Muslim Kingdoms, and new Events
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=202239
Greatly modified to work better with the DVIP.

Thanks to Wiz for his permission to include the events with my mod.

Scenario setup mods:

*) My 'More Kingdoms' addon, which adds the following creatable realms:
Brittany (PISA), Lotharingia (U019), Aquitainia (U018), Andalusia (U017), Navarra (NAVA), Mann and the Isles (MANN). See the More Kingdoms readme for more details.
*) The Fourth Crusade (1204) scenario, after the original one by Andron: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=196788

----
Install order:

1) Crusader Kings
2) Deus Vult
3) Latest Deus Vult beta patch
4) DVIP
5) DVIP addon
6) Any other mods

Last edited:
I have an Mac version of Crusader Kings and DV. Do you know if the mod works on a Mac?

Edit:
OK, I gave it a try on the Mac, the game loads and seems to work, but after a couple of turns it CTD's. There was also something strange with the sieges.

I have a problem with the mod,

i installd it as it sayd here

but i get 3 errors and i cant accept anything like send assassins or sending gifts, the text that says accept is all the way on the side out side the screen.

GFX\palette\eyr_btn_back.bmp
GFX\palette\eyr_btn_forward.bmp
GFX\palette\eyr_symbols_palette.bmp

thats the errors when i load the game

thanx for any help

Pedersen said:
I have a problem with the mod,

i installd it as it sayd here

but i get 3 errors and i cant accept anything like send assassins or sending gifts, the text that says accept is all the way on the side out side the screen.

GFX\palette\eyr_btn_back.bmp
GFX\palette\eyr_btn_forward.bmp
GFX\palette\eyr_symbols_palette.bmp

thats the errors when i load the game

thanx for any help

It sounds like you don't have the DV-expansion for CK.

DVIP only works with Crusader Kings Deus Vult

To move an existing DV install to the 15 October 2008 patch, only copy and replace crusaders.exe and crusaders.pdb from the patch file.

All other fixes are already included in DVIP.

Last edited:
Hello there ! This is an appallingly noobish question, but exactly how do I install the mod? I've copied the CK folder and renamed it Crusader Kings - DVIP, so I've got both DVIP and vanilla. And I've of course downloaded DVIP and intend to download the variant improvement pack when I've got it figured out.
But... What exactly do I do? :eek:o I have unpacked the zipped DVIP. Shall I just mark the contents, copy it into the CK-DVIP folder and tell it to combine folders of the same name, but replace files in vanilla, with those with the same name from DVIP? I'm sorry for my noobish inconvinience.

Thanks in advance, I'm really looking forward to trying the mod :D

Hello there ! This is an appallingly noobish question, but exactly how do I install the mod? I've copied the CK folder and renamed it Crusader Kings - DVIP, so I've got both DVIP and vanilla. And I've of course downloaded DVIP and intend to download the variant improvement pack when I've got it figured out.
But... What exactly do I do? :eek:o I have unpacked the zipped DVIP. Shall I just mark the contents, copy it into the CK-DVIP folder and tell it to combine folders of the same name, but replace files in vanilla, with those with the same name from DVIP? I'm sorry for my noobish inconvinience.

Thanks in advance, I'm really looking forward to trying the mod :D

Put the zipped DVIP in your CK-DVIP folder and then right click on it and select 'extract here' and then say yes, when you are asked to overwrite things.

You don't need to do anything with your CK-vanilla folder and files

Thanks! Just test-runned it and the map seems to look like its supposed :D Really appreciate it :)

Now, just to make more of a fool of myself... I do the samme thing with the improvement pack, yea?

Thanks in advance

In case anyone is interested, I created a cultures map for what I think is the most recent version of DVIP's 1066 scenario:

(Click to see a larger version)
It's just colors pasted on top of one of the province reference maps so it looks a bit messy. PM me if you would like a cleaner map without the province numbers and JPEG fringe frizzles.

Best regards and many thanks for this great mod :)

I managed to get 2 tags for Mallorca, is this normal?