• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sid Meier

Time Lord
91 Badges
May 4, 2005
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
With the Great Game aka March Through Time coming to a close a new conversion game of CK-EU-Ricky-DD is beginning.

In December** though because King of Men will be busy come september so I'll start off our thread now and slowly collect people for then.

Game: Crusader Kings

Country Roster:

Byzantium: Sid Meier
Russia:
Kyiv/Novgorod: King of Men
Poland:
Germany:
-Saxony(?):Binnesman
France: Duke Bryan
-Lorraine: carillon
England:Sabaron
Lincoln: Cuthuthulu
Spain:
Italy:
-Napoli: Okawoa

Norway:El-Wrongo

I personally intend to switch to China come EU2 time though.

Any mods suggestions, rules, etc are all welcome in the mean time maybe before december we can have a through practice sessions. Choose top 3 picks so that I and KoM can determine whose whose come December-ish based on whose still here.

**Seems like we may start as soon as The Great Game is finished and come september King of Men will leave and then come back rather then postpone.

Last edited:
my post im pretty sure detailed saturday sometime in december.

Go go magic Castille? Did it before, in MTT which kinda crashed.

Can try it again, btw I'm not so sure that Venice is playable.

I did ok until my country collapsed to realm duress.

Gimme France. Be aware though that I might not be able to play! December is much too far in the future for me to be able to schedule anything reliably.

Probably best if all those interested made top 3 choices.

1- Byzantium
2- Kiev
3- Novgorod.

Also, note: being a conversion game it would be nice that all who pos here could make the vague commitment to play the game through the conversions, also making the eventual commitment to acquire and make sure they own at the given times Crusader King's, Europe Universalis II/III (haven't decided yet), Victoria: Revolutions, and Hearts of Iron II: Doomsday Armageddon.

For those who dont like the EU stage and wish to leave at conversion we promise not to harm you or your children, assuming we successfully play the 400 years of CK with you, we will undoubtably have been glad to have you then and wish you good luck.

Last edited:
Actually, one thousand-year realm for Norway is enough. I'd prefer something Eastern European, I think. But perhaps we could start out as Dukes, or even Counts? Starting as kings makes Crusading a little too easy. I also think we want to introduce the rule that URR used to limit crusading: One DOW against pagans/moslems per ruler lifetime, two if you have the Crusader trait, and you can always DOW the crusade target.

I must say I agree with Sabaron, though, it's a bit early to be making plans for December. Conceivably we could start a bit earlier, say when the Great Game finishes, and I would just drop out in September and come back in December. If my kingdom went to hell meanwhile, oh well, c'est la vie.

Dukes within your particular Kingdom, although I would really like Byzantium to be an exception to this rule though considering you know a single duke can make up for the fact that an AI Byz cant hold off the Seljuks. Since remember, it would be me facing off against one of the greatest hordes of AI armies ever, I think that perfectly balances off starting off as a King.

The 1-2 dow per lifetime rule is also a good idea.

On second thought Castille wouldn't be so fun. A duke in England would be more fun I think...

I would also like to join. I have to look into how a emulated copy works multiplayer wise, if it doesn't work, then I will have to install *sigh* Windows, which may be a problem (although not a very bad one) one since I don't happen to own a copy at the moment.

I also need to know:
Which time zone we are talking about
What game setup (1.05, no mods?)
What rules etc.

For the record, I disagree with only one DoW per ruler lifetime, as that makes life sucky for Scandinavia, and I often have rulers ruling 60-80 years at the time. Maybe something a little less drastic as each 10th or 20th year?

All that said, I have never played CK multiplayer, so I wouldn't really know what is best.

It is really hard to decide what dynasty to play. Croatia is generally very fun, but ultimately to walled in by its neighbours.

Denmark, Sweden and Norway are all nations I would like to play as, same goes with Dutchy of Gwennyd or Dutchy of Leinnster. The problem with the Welsh and Irish would however be what to do after you have become King (perhaps becoming a Gnikiv, ie reversed viking).

I for one, am a Swede, aka CET timezone. And I would think that 1.05 with no mods is the most stable version of CK out there, and from my experiance, you need every bit of stability you can squeeze out of CKMP.

Indeed, also ill try to find us a ftp server so I can upload the save, basicially I have determined that the save game file can reach up to 50 mb and Pdox seems to have the most inefficient zipping algorithm I have ever seen as it takes an excruciating long time to compress the save and pass it to the other players.

It has proven that in the game I played with Sabaron, Joohoo, and Sterk that manually compressing the save uploading it, and having everyone downloading it during each rehost was noticibly faster then using the game's ingame compressor.

Also I woud like everyone to make the commitment to purchase and set up a microphone and download the reamspeak client at www.goteamspeak.com

basicially if we can all talk to each other and hear each other online via teamspeak we will know right away when someone crashes and formulate our rehost strategy.

El-Wrongo said:
I would also like to join. I have to look into how a emulated copy works multiplayer wise, if it doesn't work, then I will have to install *sigh* Windows, which may be a problem (although not a very bad one) one since I don't happen to own a copy at the moment.

I strongly suspect that emulation will not work. CK is not that stable in MP no matter what you do; emulating Windows would just be icing on the cake.

For the record, I disagree with only one DoW per ruler lifetime, as that makes life sucky for Scandinavia, and I often have rulers ruling 60-80 years at the time. Maybe something a little less drastic as each 10th or 20th year?

The advantage of the ruler lifetime is that it's relatively easy to enforce. As for being sucky for Scandinavia, the whole point is to avoid the phenomenon of Finland being conquered in the 1070s and Christianised by 1100; we want to see some sort of historical realism. And our experience in URR was that this worked extremely well; the Holy Land was still a patchwork of sheikhs and tiny Crusader kingdoms in 1250. Going on Crusade is a lot more exciting when you will only be doing it once in the next twenty years! And, of course, it gives you some extra strategic options in the choice of heirs; a healthy, well-statted one is nice and all, but on the other hand three sickly weaklings in a row could be better for expansion. :D Anyway, I don't see why it penalises Scandinavia particularly; you've still got your work cut out unifying the peninsula.

As for times, the current time slot of the Great Game, plus one hour, works reasonably well for me; that is, Saturdays, 0800 Pacific Time.

Oh, I forgot what I originally intended to post: Would we want to use Deus Vult? Personally I'm drooling at the thought of an expansion, CK could really use some TLC. On the other hand it means waiting for late September, plus possibly a couple of patches in case of stability issues.

King of Men said:
Oh, I forgot what I originally intended to post: Would we want to use Deus Vult? Personally I'm drooling at the thought of an expansion, CK could really use some TLC. On the other hand it means waiting for late September, plus possibly a couple of patches in case of stability issues.

New CK expansion? That sounds great, I believe it will be well worth waiting for.

Also, what is the differential between Pacific and GMT?

How do you gain the Crusader title anyways?

I generally sees every few years, but rarely at my own characters. May just be that I rarely takes up the Cross and goes to the holy land, but prefer to pillage and and loot helpless counts and dukes in the Baltics (ie: Livland and Kurland).

Hmm I dunno what does the expansion do?

Damn, the expansion looks pretty good. Grr wait for sept or not.....