• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Jones

Sergeant
40 Badges
Apr 14, 2003
Visit site
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
Post Axis-War MOD - Now for both DD13a and Arma11!

New version v0.9.2b

Doomsday users, get this file:
http://jones.c-sam.nu/Post_axis-war_mod_v0.9.2b_DD13a.zip

Armageddon users, get this file:
http://jones.c-sam.nu/Post_axis-war_mod_v0.9.2b_Arma11.zip

Doomsday needs to be patched to 1.3a
Armageddon needs to be patched to 1.1

###################################################
# Hearts of Iron II Doomsday Armageddon: Post-Axis War MOD v0.9b by Jones
###################################################

Overview

Post-Axis War MOD is a complete series of events designed to kick in after Germany and all its Axis allies in Europe have been defeated by the major powers of the west and the Soviets. Whoever has control of Berlin after the axis in Europe has been defeated gets the initiative at the Potsdam conference events and is presented with 3 options:

After options 1 or 2 have been agreed upon, the borders of Europe are redrawn and nations that have been previously annexed will be created again. Nations that managed to stay out of the war are not affected at all.

In the past, if say Canada landed a small beachhead in Norway on the verge of the German defeat, they would retain their norwegian province even after Norway was released by say the US, UK or Soviets (who controlled the rest of the Norwegian provinces). This is fixed. ALL borders get respected. Another example, perhaps more common, is the soviets capturing the 2-3 most northern provinces of Norway while the allies liberated the south. When Norway is released by an allied player the Soviets would hold on to their provinces. This is also fixed. Whoever controls the capital, Oslo in this case, gets to setup the Norwegian government if the 1) option is selected at Potsdam. All you have to do is hold off releasing European nations and wait for the Potsdam events to trigger.

UK, USA and Soviet Union always have a veto at the Potsdam conference should option 2 be selected. The AI is programmed to accept the 2) proposal 95% of the times. This to ensure the human player usually gets his/her way. However 95% must pass 3 times and may sometimes result in a turned down answer by the AI.

Should the AI reach Berlin before the human player does, it is currently programmed to select 1, 2, and 3 at 95%, 4% and 1% probabilities.

Countries supported: ENG, USA, SOV, FRA, HOL, BEL, CAN, AST, NZL, SAF, BRA, SWE, and SPR. More can be added with relative ease if requested. This already includes all non-puppet allies plus the Soviets in addition to the neutrals Brazil, Sweden and Republican Spain. The player can choose any of these nations, join the allies and (try to) defeat Germany.

Installation instructions:

1. Extract the RAR file to your HOI2DD folder, usually C:\Program Files\Paradox Games\Doomsday. If it didn't ask to replace a few current files, you probably put it in the wrong place.
2. That's it. Easy huh?!?

Strongly recommended to be installed over HOI2 Doomsday, Armageddon addon patched to 1.1 . I cannot guarantee it will work in any other configuration. If you feel adventurous and want to use it on another configuration/mod, don't use the included events.txt file and add this at the bottom of your \db\events.txt file:

# Post-Axis War MOD by Jones
event = "db\events\post_axis-war_mod.txt"

Be aware, this mod uses the event IDs 90000-91999, 99990-99999 (for my testing only). Again NO guarantees! I recommend you backup your \db\events\ folder before installing this mod for an easy uninstall/removal. Reinstalling the game will also get rid of this mod but is far more tedious.

Other changes

* Several events from the original files have been replicated into my mod file, and where necessary changed/fixed. A new event will put these redundant events inactive so the game uses my modified events instead.
* Portugal surrender event added, simular to the FIN switching sides event. This only kicks in if Portugal joins the axis and have all their Iberia provinces captured by the allies.

Remaining issues

* I still need to tweak the national sliders and ministers for the newly created nations. Democratic/neutral ones become Market Liberal by default. Only Sweden, Yugoslavia and Albania have been changed so far. Puppets automatically use the same national sliders and ideology as their master.
* Bugs may still be present. Please report them!

Future outlook

This mod may be expanded to include a revised post-war Asia event series. An AI mod that makes WW3 more of a challenge might also be added in the distant future.

Appendix A: Table of all events

####################################################
# Hearts of Iron II Doomsday Armageddon: Post-Axis War MOD by Jones
####################################################
#
# Event locations
#
# Potsdam Conference events 90001-91999
# Potsdam - Allied human control of Berlin 90000
# Potsdam - UK control of Berlin 90001
# Potsdam - US control of Berlin 90002
# Potsdam - Soviet control of Berlin 90003
# Potsdam - Historical outcome - Resume 90010
# Potsdam - Alternate outcome - Resume 90011
# Potsdam - UK considers Potsdam proposal 90012
# Potsdam - US considers Potsdam proposal 90013
# Potsdam - Soviets considers Potsdam proposal 90014
# Potsdam - The Potsdam conference is a success 90015
# Potsdam - The Potsdam conference is a failure 90016
# Potsdam - Western Allies releases East Germany to the Soviets 90017
# Potsdam - Soviet Union releases West Germany to the Allies 90018
# Potsdam - Final European border adjustments 90019
# Potsdam - Allied consolidation of conquests events 90020-90030
# Potsdam - Soviet satellites relinquish conquered provinces 90040-90043
# Potsdam - Setting up Post-war Europe (east) 90050
# Potsdam - Setting up Post-war Europe (west) 90051
# Potsdam - Setting up Post-war Europe (neutrals) 90052
# Potsdam - Sleepevents when historical Potsdam happens 90060
# Potsdam - Sleepevents when alternate Potsdam happens 90061
# Potsdam - Soviets setting up puppets where they control 90070
# Potsdam - Allies setting up democracy/allies where they control 90071
#
# Axis minor states switch sides 90075-90099
#
#
# Border adjustment/creation events (for):
#
# West Germany 90100-90119, 91100-91119
# East Germany 90120-90139, 91120-91139
# Austria 90140-90159, 91140-91159
# UK 90160-90179, 91160-91179
# France 90180-90199, 91180-91199
# Netherlands 90200-90219, 91200-91219
# Belgium 90220-90239, 91220-91239
# Luxembourg 90240-90259, 91240-91259
# Danmark 90260-90279, 91260-91279
# Norway 90280-90299, 91280-91299
# Sweden 90300-90319, 91300-91319
# Finland 90320-90339, 91320-91339
# Switzerland 90340-90359, 91340-91359
# Yugoslavia 90360-90379, 91360-91379
# Albania 90380-90399, 91380-91399
# Ireland 90400-90419, 91400-91419
# Poland 90420-90439, 91420-91439
# Romania 90440-90459, 91440-91459
# Czechoslovakia 90460-90479, 91460-91479
# Hungary 90480-90499, 91480-91499
# Greece 90500-90519, 91500-91519
# Bulgaria 90520-90539, 91520-91539
# Portugal 90540-90559, 91540-91559
# Turkey 90560-90579, 91560-91579
# Republican Spain 90580-90599, 91580-91599
# Italy 90600-90619, 91600-91619
# Soviet Union 90980-90999, 91980-91999
#################################
#
#################################

Appendix B: Changelog

V0.9.2b

* I created a version for Doomsday 1.3a vanilla. It simply uses a slightly different events.txt file. All events are the same, no changes were made. There are now two downloads, one for DD13a and one for Arma11. Get the proper version for your current game.

V0.9.1b

* Fixed the cold war gets hot events. Now they will only fire after the Potsdam events. Further tweaked the time it takes to fire while keeping it random. Now it will likely take months for any side to declare war, giving you some time to prepare. Of course it can still happen the next day after the Potsdam conference events.

* All relevant events in hoi2.txt and bulgaria.txt have been replicated in my MOD file. A new event will put the redundant events in hoi2.txt, and other original event files, inactive. This will ensure that all original files except events.txt will remain unchanged after installing this mod. This should make it friendlier to be used alongside other mods. Hoi2.txt and bulgaria.txt are no longer included in the zip file.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried it yet?

I've uploaded a new version. Maybe few people have the Armageddon addon needed for this? Does anyone want me to make this mod compatible with Doomsday 1.3a vanilla?

V0.9.1b

* Fixed the cold war gets hot events. Now they will only fire after the Potsdam events. Further tweaked the time it takes to fire while keeping it random. Now it will likely take months for any side to declare war, giving you some time to prepare. Of course it can still happen the next day after the Potsdam conference events.

* All relevant events in hoi2.txt and bulgaria.txt have been replicated in my MOD file. A new event will put the redundant events in hoi2.txt, and other original event files, inactive. This will ensure that all original files except events.txt will remain unchanged after installing this mod. This should make it friendlier to be used alongside other mods. Hoi2.txt and bulgaria.txt are no longer included in the zip file.

Get the new version here
http://jones.c-sam.nu/Post_axis-war_mod_v0.9.1b.zip

Jones said:
I've uploaded a new version. Maybe few people have the Armageddon addon needed for this? Does anyone want me to make this mod compatible with Doomsday 1.3a vanilla?

V0.9.1b

Get the new version here
http://jones.c-sam.nu/Post_axis-war_mod_v0.9.1b.zip
Hi yes I would be interested in a Doomsday version. I have not got Arma. yet since it seems to still have a lot of problems. I don't care about the five bucks I just want it to work first. When everyone pretty much agrees that it is working fine then I will be happy to get it. I really want small countries to be able to get tech teams from conquered countries. Anyway again I would appreciate a DD version.
Thanks,
delanonne

Now both for DD13a and Arma11!

New version v0.9.2b

Doomsday users, get this file:
http://jones.c-sam.nu/Post_axis-war_mod_v0.9.2b_DD13a.zip

Armageddon users, get this file:
http://jones.c-sam.nu/Post_axis-war_mod_v0.9.2b_Arma11.zip

Doomsday needs to be patched to 1.3a
Armageddon needs to be patched to 1.1

V0.9.2b

* I created a version for Doomsday 1.3a vanilla. It simply uses a slightly different events.txt file. All events are the same, no changes were made. There are now two downloads, one for DD13a and one for Arma11. Get the proper version for your current game.

V0.9.1b

Last edited:
I have been meaning to add postwar Pacific events to this mod for a while now. Anyone got any suggestions?

Besides redrawing the map to restore european colonies like Indonesia to the dutch, indochina to the french etc, I have been thinking about ways to handle China (assuming it has been conquered and puppeted by the Japanese). Maybe have soviets release communist china from the chinese territories they hold and letting the allies release nationalist china? This would be simular to how eastern and western germany are created in the events alrady in the mod. But even if the allies hold all of china maybe communist china should appear anyway simular to the spanish civil war?

Also, do the Korean events need to be improved?

I've also been thinking of putting nat. china into the allied alliance if they are still fighting the japanese after the japanese declare war on the US and UK. Cairo Conference event maybe?

Jones,
Might even work together, but my time is limited for the next 6 weeks. You can take a look at my mod and especially the Asian events. You can use my ideas if you want. It sets up Korea AND JAPAN according to control zones and Korean war trigger is modified so that it depends on Communist China winning which was the real life event that tempted Kim Il Sung into carrying out the invasion. Also sets Chinese entry into that war when the UN forces get to the border, and makes it more difficult to annex NK.

nomonhan said:
Jones,
Might even work together, but my time is limited for the next 6 weeks. You can take a look at my mod and especially the Asian events. You can use my ideas if you want. It sets up Korea AND JAPAN according to control zones and Korean war trigger is modified so that it depends on Communist China winning which was the real life event that tempted Kim Il Sung into carrying out the invasion. Also sets Chinese entry into that war when the UN forces get to the border, and makes it more difficult to annex NK.

Interesting, I'll have a look soon!

just found this thread, looks nice going to try it out in the next few days. Quess you didnt impement this yet right?

"Besides redrawing the map to restore european colonies like Indonesia to the dutch, indochina to the french etc,"

Last edited:
doesnt seem to be working. i had to conqour all of the balkans along with norway just to annex germany and there was no 'germany surrenders' event nor any establishing of puppet states...Potsdam conferences have not occurred either. what date do the occur? my game is jan 7 1945 atm

I've just recently gone back to the game in anticipation of HOI4 and found my old mod. If anyone still cares, here is the new link to the mod download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktj31vwok0547dt/Post_axis-war_mod_v0.9.2b_Arma11.zip?dl=0

Despite what it says, it works with the latest patch for Doomsday and Armageddon. The mod can also be used for Arsenal of Democracy (tested myself recently) but you cant replace events.txt but have to modify it yourself.