• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(34423)

Paradox Programmer
Sep 17, 2004
Wednesday and time for a brand new dev-diary. There wasn’t any dev diary last week since last Wednesday was a public holiday in Sweden and a Dev dairy isn’t the same when it is posted on a different day.

As you may know we have added the options to have historical leaders and monarchs in the game. This is something that many people have asked for and I personally like that option. So now if you select the option, your rulers and leader will die on their historical day and the you get the actually successor appearing as the history. This should help Sweden win more often, which is one thing I felt EU3 lacked :) .

When you found a new colony you will now be able to choose a name for that colony. So now you can have that small corner of the world named after you.

dev4.jpg

Dismantling HRE, as you know when the Emperor Napoleon was the man who ended in 1,000 year old Holy Roman Empire with his victories over Austria, when he formed the confederation of the Rhine. So in order to be able to give you the Napoleonic experience we knew it was something we would have to add. So now that possibility exists.

Nice. And how can you dismantle the HRE? * gets hammer and screwdriver* Oh, and can you do it before Napolenons time?

*sigh* All these questions.

Historical leaders and monarch? Now I like that :D . Having the option of historical monarchs opens the doors for all the historical events :).
If you select the historical option, can this monarchs die in battle? If so who will take over? A regency or a made up monarch?

Sir!

Our colonist has arrived in Your Mum!

He was succesful in expanding the colony!

Speedyloco said:
Historical leaders and monarch? Now I like that :D . Having the option of historical monarchs opens the doors for all the historical events :).
If you select the historical option, can this monarchs die in battle? If so who will take over? A regency or a made up monarch?

See Johan's post here

Johan said:
Historical Monarchs will work exactly like in eu2.

The real way to play Eu3 with monarchs is as the game is right now.

This is awesome! NA sounds better and better each update. If I didn't already know that it was going to be a download only, I'd be asking for a pre-order.

It might only be a cosmetic change, but I think this will actually make colonization a little less mechanistic and "by the book". Now you can add your own flavor. :cool:

I don't like the colony option. The only thing it does for me is make me more cautious who to play with in a potential MP game, as I can imagine some type of people giving colonies silly and/or inappropriate names - something that will undoubtly ruin some of the gaming experience for me.

Will this option always be activated, or be implemented as an option?

I like the colonies stuff, though in MP it's better to watch out :p

I was already questioning myself about dismantling the HRE, it's excellent :)

I don't like the colony option. The only thing it does for me is make me more cautious who to play with in a potential MP game, as I can imagine some type of people giving colonies silly and/or inappropriate names - something that will undoubtly ruin some of the gaming experience for me.

Same. When I attack natives to slaughter their population and shove in more colonists to work the Coffee Mines I don't like to be reminded that I'm not really destroying cultures - it's just a game :(

Sweet. Did should add some nice personalization to the game. :)

So we can name the colonies but what about the colonies' capitol? Will that have the default name of that province, have the same name as what you give the colony or will you also be able to give that a completely new name?

I'm looking forward to this expansion more and more with each new dev. diary :)