• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(52403)

Captain
Jan 2, 2006
Here is my first AAR ever:

maingm9.jpg

HOI2 Doomsday, 1941 scenario, very hard/aggressive.

My plan is simple:
1. Retreat
2. Regroup
3. Attack

If everything goes historicaly, my glorious Red Army will be looting in Berlin by the end of 1945. But i hope i will do
better than Stalin did in real life.

The state of the Red Army is horrible at best. So i did the following: Disbanded all my artillery brigades and some light tank
divisions, that needed both upgrading and reinforcing. Scraped all my old ships. Redeployed some vulnerable units away from the
front lines and relocated my air force. Assigned the best generals for my frontline troops.

If i want to win this war i will have to economize.

I have two defensive lines planned. The first will run from Riga to Stalingrad and will be my primary defensive line:

98930978ej0.jpg

It seems that people of Noginsk are welcoming the treacherous German invaders. The revolt risk is 13%
so i will have to leave a division to keep an eye on these evil nazi lovers. It would be a great shame if Noginsk revolted
and the rebels took Moscow.

32913848hm4.png

So much for now. Keep tuned in and see how and when will the soviets turn the tide.

Last edited:
I will stay tuned.

I´m in! (subscribed)

your strategy might work...

will you create a modern navy after beating germany?
will you create satellite states like SU did?

Here are some events that happened in the first days of the war.

The blood thirsty finns joined the axis of evil:

51762797mr9.png

I do not consider the Finnish front a priority, so i am going to hold my positions along their border and hope that they do the same.

Great ambitions for such a small nation:

43742816xr5.png

Colaborating with the nazis, eh?

79977454kf1.png

All my current IC is concentrated on supplies and dissent reduction. All my armour is moving at the moment, so that explains the extreme oil usage. But i am still forced to trade with the capitalist pig dogs:

68045362ey0.png

Expect more updates tomorrow.

To Inner Circle:
I'm not looking that far in the future, my current goal is to stop the German advance.

To The_Carbonater:
I am afraid that Germans may reach Dniepr faster than I ;D

Last edited:
It looks like you are playing on "very difficult" difficulty level, although I'm not entirely sure.
What about AI aggressiveness?

In any case, good luck, in 1941 scenario you'll need it.

There are never enough USSR AARs. Good luck!

Your gonna have a lot of fun. The reason is the Germans have a 40% speed bonus, while you have a 40% reduction. That will make speed 10 tanks they have go at speed 14, while your obsolete infantry will go about 2-3 instead of 4. Your newer infantry will go 3 instead of 5, while your tanks that go 10 normally will only go 6. Their infantry will be faster than your tanks. So your gonna have A LOT of fun. Good Luck though (your gonna need it).

I'm not sure why but when playing 1941 scenario I've never had Germans experience winter-attack penalties.
Meaning they would attack in winter as well as in summer and would not get any winter-penalties, while I would. (One would think it should be the other fricking way around, eh?)

kami888 said:
I'm not sure why but when playing 1941 scenario I've never had Germans experience winter-attack penalties.
Meaning they would attack in winter as well as in summer and would not get any winter-penalties, while I would. (One would think it should be the other fricking way around, eh?)

Yeah, that does seem odd. Meh.

Update nr.2

I hope that some of those sweet lend-lease shipments are coming my way soon.

31177021tk9.png

Here is a screenshot of my current researches. I also started an anti-spy campaign. Every village in Soviet Union will have a mole.

27948667zl0.png

Stalin told everyone to shut the f*ck up. And those who were cought talking were sent to one of the thousand
vacation resorts in Siberia.

43786846nu3.jpg

Here it is - my firs official victory! Well it's not a land victory, but in these times of need for victories and heros, it will have to do.

86386079ly0.png

After this success i raised all my aircraft in to the air. Note that i don't use ground attack missions, only interdiction
and logistical strike. It may seem that i control the air, but it is not true. German interceptors are swarming in the air and
i have to keep an eye on all of them.

49600970nz2.png
82740848af2.png
99468926wp0.png

01pb6.png

Unfortunately our brave pilots had some...em...misfortunes.

65186640gj7.jpg

Since i do not have any IC for reinforcing, these airplanes will be out of the action for a while :[

10vb3.png

In my next update i will concentrate on my land forces.

I agree with the other commenters: build your first defensive line from Riga to Smolensk and then behind the Dniepr to the Black Sea. Gather your armour to counter attack any breakthroughs behind that line, and keep the air superiority over your troops. 9 to 12 infantry divisions in every province should do the trick as you gather an offensive force.