• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

General_Grant

Field Marshal
75 Badges
Jan 13, 2007
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Victoria 2
Hi. As my first idea of making an alien-invade-the-world AAR reveal to be impossible to build, i decided to make a small AAR about an interesting but very neglected country: India. I'll use Mod 33 (again.). I will not update this AAR as fast as the last ones but I hope it will still catch the interest of a few readAArs.

Edit: There is an error in the title. Of course you probably guessed than its Gandhi's dream and not Gandhi's deam.

--------------------------

indiawheelyd6.png

This story begin in May, at the 10 Downing Street, in the capital of the Empire where the Sun never set. The British prime minister Ramsay MacDonald is drinking a teacup after a very busy morning at the parliament. During the day an important debate about the economical crisis raged in London. As MacDonald was slowly falling asleep someone rang at the door. "Who could it be at this hour?" wondered the prime minister. "A guess should never invite himself like that" said Ramsay to himself as he was opening the door. "Oh, its your Mr Eden..."
The chief of the governement invited his foreign minister and friend Anthony Eden enter his house.

ramsaymcdonaldxz3.png

James Ramsay MacDonald​

R. MacDonald: "Please have a seat, and put your coat on the chair, over there... oh wait its all wet. Does it rain outdoor?"

A. Eden: "As alway. I'm sorry to arrive so late, but i have just got important news from India."

R. MacDdonald: "Oh, I see. Would you like a cup of tea?"

A. Eden: "How could i refuse tea!"

R. MacDonald: "So. Tell me, whats about India?" asked the minister when giving tea to his friend.

A. Eden: "As you know, the Mahatma Gandhi as stoped to eat 21 days ago... today we have found him near coma in his cell and we had to liberate him. The Indian population is showing more and more important signs of support toward this man. "

R. MacDonald: "Do you mean than the colonial authorities liberated this man only because he refused to eat? If he want to die its definitivly not our problem..."

A. Eden: "It seem than you don't understand the situation very well, sir. If the Mahatma would die in a British prison it would be a real revolution in India..."

gandhikw5.png

The Mahatma Gandhi​

After a minute of silence, spend by both men by drinking their tea, Ramsay asked:

"How many divisions do we actually have in India?"

A. Eden: "This is definitivly out of question. Too hard repression in India would result in a bloodshed, wich we can't afford. The public would not like. Do you only consider the number of Indians? They are 350 millions. We can't even afford to keep more than 20 000 soldiers over there. Keeping India under direct control coast us almost more than it benefit to us. I don't know what we should do about India and this is why i met you tonight."

R. MacDonald: "Err.. you are right. We will have to find a solution to this problem very soon. As the parliament is very busy right now with the economical crisis, this topic would have to be postponned. But thanks for having advertissed me about Ghandi's liberation. I will have to contact the viceroy about this. The actuall situation cannot continue indefinitly. You can go, if you don't mind the old man than i am would like to have some rest."

A. Eden: "Have a good night sir. See you tomorrow at the Parliament."

Last edited:
A free India in 1933? It will certainly be interesting.

Ahhh, an India AAR. Haven't seen many of those. I'll be following this.

Good luck!

Lousy Frenchies. As if the HOI2 subforum needs more fresh blood coming from the interest in a mod! :mad: Why didn't you go make a cool mod for Victoria or something instead?

anonymous4401 said:
Lousy Frenchies. As if the HOI2 subforum needs more fresh blood coming from the interest in a mod! :mad: Why didn't you go make a cool mod for Victoria or something instead?
Thanks, i love when people are so nice with others :eek:o
For your information, there's also a french mod for victoria (mod franchill). If you hate france, french language, french people or french mod, just don't read those AAR and just don't talk to french people.

@anonymous4401: Thanks, i'll hope it will be.

@Užičkibombarder: Thanks.

@Freddan: Ths is why i decided to made one.

@Fernando Torres: Im perfectly able to play it because im almost bilingual. And yes, as you said the real power of India come with its mp.

@anonymous4401: There is actually a very good French mod with Victoria. The Mod Frenchil is a very good one as it is one of the most rich in major historical events. Starting in 1836, if you continue the game untill 1933 you will have events for historical agrement about Africa (Berlin congress), A-historical path for French victory in the Franco-Prussian war, and the most important, the triggering of a first world war trough an impressive event chain, wich will give you the choice to join the war or not. Also have very complete peace event for this war, exemple if Italy decided to stay with Germany and they win, the Italians will probably get Tunisia and Savoy, If the United Kingdom decided to let France be crushed they won't loose the smallest province, etc.. Maybe give it a try.

@The_Carbonater: Actually translating. But 10 000 events are taking time, i think an english version for German events will be aviable this summer (not sure)

@Fernando Torres: If anonymous4401 hate France, its his problem. But i think he just wanted to ask if there was a French Vicky mod.

@Jape: Thanks.

@Masked Pickle: At last, there is still 7 millions of 'French colons', at the greatest horrors of most of the Canadians/Americans.

@rcduggan: Thanks.

General_Grant said:
@Fernando Torres: If anonymous4401 hate France, its his problem. But i think he just wanted to ask if there was a French Vicky mod.
Damn! I didn't feel his irony :( (lack of english vocabulary).
Autrement, puisque je vois que tu es quasi bilingue, je vais pouvoir avoir une excuse pour poster en français sur le fofo anglais :D
En tout cas, bonne chance pour trouver des images de l'inde durant la ww2 (c'est la difficulté d'un AAR ahistorique).

Gandhi did not wasted time after his liberation. After a few months of rest, the Mahatma organised an important march of peasents in the region of the Guajarat. During his march Gandhi incitated the inhabitants of the contry to civil disobedience against the British colonial forces. But the viceroy reacted fast: after 3 days Gandhi was arrested again and put in Jail, along with hundreds of Indians wich followed him since the begining of the march. The British, wich where becoming harder and harder with the nationalists, forbid him to write anithing for his journal. Annoyed, he refused to eat
'until dead'. A month later, Gandhi's healt was seriously deteriorating, and his weight reached 40 kg. During the last week all India was praying for him to survive. The British authorities, terrorised about the idea of having him to die in a jail, liberated him, again.

Gandhi's fastings became a subject of interest in Great Britain itself. Some peoples where revolted than the colonial forces where liberating him after only a month, others where applaudising his courage and determination. Some others did not clearly understood why the Mahatma refused to use violence against the 'opressor'. To a question asked by a British reporter, he answered than "There are many causes that I am prepared to die for but no causes that I am prepared to kill for."

----------------​

During the rest of the year 1933, Gandhi remained quiet and sieged at the Indian congress as one of the leader of the Congress Party. In 1934, the Indian situation deteriorated greatly. 3 failed asasination attemps where made against the Mahatma, probably supported by extremists Indians or even by the viceroy himself. At the end of the year, in December 1934, the Congress Party noticed the foundation and the rise of a new party, the Muslim League party lead by Mohammed Ali Jinnah, an old Indian lawyer of muslim confession. His positions where clearly to represent the strong muslim minority in India, espically in a case of Independence.

jinnahke1.png

Mohammed Ali Jinnah, a firm beleiver than India should be divided into muslim and hindu regions.

In the begining of 1935 the Congress Party began to slowly divide itself between two different leaders and points of view: Mohandas Gandhi and his nonviolent ideas, and Chandra Bose, wich don't exclude he use of violence to lead India to independence. Far far away from Delhi, in London, the British parliament finally took his descision about India. As the economical crisis was slowly calming down the British governement was ready to care about the fate of the colonies. The Indian constitution, or Government of India Act, allowed a small autonomy to the Indians in their internal choices. The new prime minister, Stanley Baldwin, expended this autonomy to allow the viceroy an almost direct gestion of India, including the authorisation of building a regional army. The British parliament found in this solution the best way to calm the Indian nationalists and to stop wasting money into defending India directly. In February 1935 the decisions of holding elections in India in October 1936 was made. Before the elections the British Raj would be splited in different region of administration: Burma and Ceylon would be administrated directly by Britain. The rest of the Empire would be divided into muslim majority regions and hindu majority regions to avoid too geat tensions.

rajzc7.png

A new map for British India. The map show the 3 different administrative regions.

Awaiting for the elections, the Indian governement would be leaded by the viceroy and the colonial authorities. Very few Indians where allowed to take place into the governement of their country.

bindiacabinetle4.png

The cabinet of British india, February 1935. Mostly formed by sad men with grey hats and boring clothes.

Last edited:
yourworstnightm said:
Great beginning of the liberation! Now throw out these sad men with grey hats and introduce a real Indian government. The destroy that "wannabe" nation uneducated people call Pakistan!
hear hear! :D
i've seen many Indian AARs come and go, hopefully this one will be the first one to be completed. good luck!

Thanks everyone!

Dr. Gonzo: for me the picture load perfectly. Does annoye have a similar problem? Maybe re-open the AAR and all should go well.

I have just noticed a stupid error in the title of the AAR. Gandhi's deam. How to fix that?