• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(19870)

Sergeant
Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
As Denmark, I diplomatically annexed Sweden (about 20 provinces including a few colonies around Hudson's Bay) in about 1670. Shortly afterwards, I was startled to receive a Royal Marriage request from... Sweden!

Searching around the map, I found them - a colony, population 99, in the Philippines. They had cores on all their former provinces, too. The colonists must have been en route when I annexed their homeland, and created a new Swedish nation as soon as they arrived.

Sadly, the Aggression 9 Filipino natives massacred them all shortly afterwards. Can't help feeling sorry for those poor colonists, cut off and abandoned.

John GL said:
As Denmark, I diplomatically annexed Sweden (about 20 provinces including a few colonies around Hudson's Bay) in about 1670. Shortly afterwards, I was startled to receive a Royal Marriage request from... Sweden!

Searching around the map, I found them - a colony, population 99, in the Philippines. They had cores on all their former provinces, too. The colonists must have been en route when I annexed their homeland, and created a new Swedish nation as soon as they arrived.

Sadly, the Aggression 9 Filipino natives massacred them all shortly afterwards. Can't help feeling sorry for those poor colonists, cut off and abandoned.

Yes it is true that if u annex a country and it has a colonist on route to a provice that is not ocupied by enyone the country will form it self in that province.
I have seen a more funny picture. The player, Castile or Spain diploannexed Mecklemburg, and after some years revolt has started in its Cubas provinces, and Mecklemburg was form in Cuba :rofl:

There has also been Venice in panama... :wacko:

Venice.PNG

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=282994&page=8&pp=20

In the same game, I got messages that "Rebels" had selected National Ideas. After another map-search I found them in Cartagena. The province showed as "no settlement", had "noculture" and "nogovernment", and I couldn't declare war on it because "You are always at war with rebels", but neither could I move troops into the province.

After a few years they disappeared - presumably eaten by the natives.

Never seen rebels set up a state before.