• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dysken

Chairman of this board
74 Badges
May 6, 2005
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Island Bound
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • War of the Roses
30 May 1453

Dear Diary
My name is Muhammed IX and I drew this myself.

Gra20070128190539.jpg

I went for an avant garde style painting; I should have been an artist.
My advisors also suggested that I include a more conforming painting. I told them they were all narcs but they forced me to draw it. So now I'm sulking in my room writing depressing poetry. Sometimes diary I think you are the only one that understands me.

Gra20070128190607.jpg

2 June 1453

Our neighbors Castille are coming to visit us; with their army... But I'm really hurting right now so I don't feel like meeting anyone. I'm going to go on a vacation on the Canary islands; I need to get away. The advisors are so demanding. They want me to build an army and manage the state's budget but I don't feel like it. Why can't they understand. I left them in control of those boring things.

23 October

OMG OMG OMG I love the Canary Islands!!!!!!!! In fact I'm keeping them. I ordered the entire army to come with me on the boat and seize it for me.

20070128181850.jpg

Meanwhile back home:

Advisor 1: Holy Crap, Castillians are coming out of every orifice!
Advisor 2: Quick take a loan and raise an army!
<100 gnomes appear with two bags of money each>
Advisor 1: Wow that went quick.
Advisor 2: Yeah I have them on speed dial.
Advisor 1: Now we really need an army, but where can we find the manpower?
Advisor 2: Aren't you forgetting something? The king has captured the Canaries for us! We have all the German tourist manpower we need. In fact we can pay them in beer. Which is excellent since we don't drink it.
Advisor 1: We don't know how to make it either genius.
Advisor 2: Well then we have to import it, in any case get the drunken tourists here now.
<4000 drunken German tourists appear with their horses>
Advisor 1: Do you have them on..
Advisor 2: No...
German Tourist: If zere iz zumsing zat travels faztehr zan ze zpeed of sound itz an offer of ze free bier ja.
Advisor 1&2: :eek:

Voiceover: By keeping the Germans in a drunken rage the Granadans pushed back the Castillian invasion in a matter of days. Once beer was running out the Granadan Muslims convinced the Germans there was beer inside the Castillian fortresses and Castles in southern spain. The disheartened defenders could not hold out for long. When there was no beer to be found the Germans exacted a horrible revenge.... on the spaniards.

20070128183331.jpg

Overly excited historian fellow: The Castillians although superior in numbers could not compete with the sheer feriocity of the drunken rage charges of the Granadan troops. This was a completely new style of warfare and it took the Castillians completely by surprise. Disheartened they retreated to the mountain provinces. Foolishly bringing their liqour and beer supplies with them.
Unbeknownst to them is that a full grown German male can smell beer from two medium sized provinces away. The German horsemen would feriociously hunt down the Castillian soldiers and put them to death. It must've been a grisly sight.

20070128183808.jpg

In the war the Kingdom of Castille was utterly defeated and subjugated by the *ahem* Granadan troops... anyway the Castillians decided to offer peace for pretending to not think that some of the Granadan provinces were not theirs and some dirt poor plains provinces. That was not to be however:

Granadan Diplomat: Give us Andalucia, Cordoba and Murcia. AND Vassalization!
Castillian Diplomat: NO! How about León, Viscaya and we'll pretend you are the rightful owners of Granada and Almeria?
Granadan Diplomat: What are you nuts? Why would we want core reduction from you? We want you to attack us remember?
Castillian Diplomat: Oooh. Well how about León, Viscaya and we'll pretend you are the rightful owners of Granada and Almeria?
Granadan Diplomat: Are you even listening to me? How about just Andalucia and Cordoba?
Castillian Diplomat: Nah not really. How about León, Viscaya and we'll pretend you are the rightful owners of Granada and Almeria?
Granadan Diplomat: Fine! You want to play hardball?! We want all Andalucian provinces!
Castillian Diplomat: Dealio! Yay, I'm a whizz at negotiations!
Granadan Diplomat: *sigh*

20070128184139.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those of you who have been following my progress in the normal EUIII forum, this is an entirely new one since I do not have enough screenshots from the old one.

Last edited:
Poor Spaniards, defeated by German tourists. :D

BTW nice progress in Andalucia.

That was funny. Very nice to see you managed to survive, using German beer loving tourists were a very good idea. Great work :)

Very funny indeed. Roll back the Reconquista!

Very funny. I particularly enjoyed the over excited historian fellow.

You are doing well. I was wondering how long it would take someone to give us a tale on Granada and you have lifted the banner high. Keep it up. :D

Ok, next part of the AAR already played. Update coming in a few hours. I'ma go see "the last King of Scotland" now. Just to keep you on the edge of the seat. I can reveal that someone dies in the last update.

Last edited:
Oh and thanks for all the encouragement :D

this is great!! I especially loved the negotiations part :p

Dysken said:
Update coming in a few hours. I'ma go see "the last King of Scotland" now.
Oh my gosh, please tell us how it is! I've been dying to see it for months...

Oh, by the way, I'm a diehard Moorish Spain fan; good luck :)

This calls for a Homer Simpson quote: "To Alcohol: the cause of and solution to all of life's problems " They've certainly solved a few of Granada's problems, let's hope that the Germans now do not become content with a life of sunbathing and drunken debauchery on the newly (re)aquired Iberian coastlines.

Looking forward to more.

Hajji Giray I said:
Oh my gosh, please tell us how it is! I've been dying to see it for months...

Oh, by the way, I'm a diehard Moorish Spain fan; good luck :)

It was teh aw3xome, solid acting, believable characters, interesting subject and a moving picture all in all. If you have not already booked tickets, do it now!

Duke of Wellington said:
Going very well, a nice AAR. At this rate Spain will be yours quite soon. Can you please post about the AAR here.

Done, thanks for letting me know. Would have forgotten otherwise.