• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(61785)

Sock Puppet
Oct 16, 2006
Sinking the Seawolves, U.S. 1942 AAR

Few people take interest in an AAR about the U.S.

Event with Rich-Loves AAR'S people don't take them very seriously.

Now I know this one like Rich's will garner Interest. It is an attempted reversal of Blue Emu's "Are Submarines Worthless" Thread.

A minor explanation to my temporary leaving of the forums. I was going through a rough period, and was having trouble completing any of the AAR'S I started. Yet now I look to complete one. "Are Submarines Worthless?" was a legendary thread. It inspired me to get this save, and begin an AAR about reversing.

Hilariously, Wendell Willkie is the U.S. President, Germany is in Sudan in 1942. I can do 2 things. I can begin from 1942, and see what the AI does, or I can Finish the African Conquest, and start from their. I want you to vote if you can. Thanks in advance-Zawk9.

Note: Germany has got the Bitter Peace, conquered India, and has puppets in Iberia, the Balkans, and holds Scandinavia. Germany has 71 Subs, thats all I remember. Vote Now!!!!!

Settings:
Normal/Furious
DAIM Installed.

Wish me a lot of luck, with Sinking the Seawolves.
I will have a Narrative and Gameplay story :D .
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 1: The Sea Wolves Strike

January 18th, somewhere near the Bay of Biscay

Commodore Arnold Simpson awoke from his bead. It was ery early, and he needed his coffee to function. He was taking his Ship into the Atlantic, where the Sea Wolves roamed. His Convoy was the Buffalo. His Ship, the S.S. Buffalo was ill designed for a U-Boat attack.

"Good Morning Ensign" Simpson said to Ensign Jones.

"Good Morning Sir!" Jones said, giving him a salute.

"I don't need a salute Ensign, were in the damn Merchant Marine"

"Yes Sir!"

"Now get back to-" A sudden Loud Thump, from a Mine or Torpedo stopped him.

"What the hell was that!" Simpson yelled, ignoring the obvious implication that the Convoy had been sighted by a Wolfpack.

"Sir, we have to get to the bridge!" Yelled Ensign Jones, but Simpson was already running for it.

Simpson ran on deck and noticed the S.S. Victory was going down. Even more ominously he heard the call "Abandon Ship!" Simpson realized that he had little time left. He heard a thunder, and then an Explosion of epic proportions. He was thrown in the air, and when he passed out was being dragged by someone into a Lifeboat.

He awoke the next day on a ship.

"Mr. Simpson, are you ok?" Asked a husky man above him.

"What happened?"

"Your ship, it went down.."

"How many Survivors?"

"You and 12 men."

Simpson didn't respond, he had lost his ship, and most of his crew. He knew that something had to be changed. But what?

Last edited:
I am glad to see a usa aar, I was starting to wonder if I would have to try my hand. My 41 gc was an epic campaign and might have been a good one. Having to start at war with no real build up makes a big challenge and an interesting game. Good luck. Create lots of new artificial reefs.
Did you get a save from emu?

Zawk9 said:
Few people take interest in an AAR about the U.S.

Event with Rich-Loves AAR'S people don't take them very seriously.

Now I know this one like Rich's will garner Interest. It is an attempted reversal of Blue Emu's "Are Submarines Worthless" Thread. ...

Ouch! :p

Some comments:

- Using DAIM will not make the game harder unless you edit the .ai stuff in the save game file itself. As I understand it, the .ai files are loaded when the game starts, but the specific build instructions, defense rules, etc.. are saved in the save game.

- Who owns Iceland?

- Don't feel compelled to go out and sink subs for the sake of sinking subs. Build DDs (and, in my opinion, don't attach CVLs to them) but don't distract yourself from the primary mission.

- What is your primary mission / most pressing problem right now? Is it the threat to the UK?

camo said:
Good luck :D

Thanks!

I am glad to see a usa aar, I was starting to wonder if I would have to try my hand. My 41 gc was an epic campaign and might have been a good one. Having to start at war with no real build up makes a big challenge and an interesting game. Good luck. Create lots of new artificial reefs.
Did you get a save from emu?

I got the save via Charlieheart's Website, its awesome and encourage you to contribute, as for playing the U.S. I have to agree, not enough U.S. AAR's around.

Ouch!

Some comments:

- Using DAIM will not make the game harder unless you edit the .ai stuff in the save game file itself. As I understand it, the .ai files are loaded when the game starts, but the specific build instructions, defense rules, etc.. are saved in the save game.

- Who owns Iceland?

- Don't feel compelled to go out and sink subs for the sake of sinking subs. Build DDs (and, in my opinion, don't attach CVLs to them) but don't distract yourself from the primary mission.

- What is your primary mission / most pressing problem right now? Is it the threat to the UK?

Noted about DAIM.

The threat to the U.K. had culminated in its complete destruction. It holds Abyssinia, Sudan, Tangikaya and Rhodesia, and has 6 IC. Its capital is Cyprus, and all troops are out of supply. Japan has puppeted China, and Russia has been BPed. This is in 1942 :eek: . Britain is a husk of a country, the Phillipines are alive and well, but not much longer I expect. Good advice about the DD's. Thanks for your support rich.

interesting...good luck!

Thanks!