• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Maximilliano

The Quixotic Emperor of Mexico
42 Badges
Jun 30, 2005
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
Hello Everyone, This is my second attempt an AAR, my first one being the ill fated Mexican AAR that ended with several marsupials stealing a 1997 Volkswagon Jetta, and driving through St. Peter's square, drunk off of... well just read it and find out for yourself.

Here, I will be trying to create an entertaining story, and im not above anything to create that story (yes i will mod and cheating is an option). This, is a story of the Kingdom of Jerusalem, the inspiration for which came from ComradeOm's CK AAR, The de Lusignan Dream.

The basic idea for this story is that, using the Kingdom of Cyprus as a base, Guy de Lusignan leads a crusade against the mamelukes and recaptures the holy land in the 14th century. His succesors expanded outwards, defeating the Ottoman and Persian empires in the process -- numerous other crusader states are developed, the most important one being the Kingdom of Egypt. Egypts fate is intertwined with Jerusalem, in that neither Jerusalem nor Constantinople was able to maintain a permanent grasp on it, and as such a very mixed population developed.

This all came to a halt in the Napoleonic Wars. Napoleon's Invasion of Egypt in 1799 came to a crashing demise at the second battle of the pyramids, when a joint Anglo-Turkish force smashed his already deteriorating army. In 1805, Napoleon felt that he could force the British to the table by destroying their trade with India, which they had been developing to replace their lost American colonies. The Army of the Levant, a detachment of the Grand Army, would prove to be Napoleon's best trained army of the war, and would destroy the nearly 400,000 strong Ottoman Army at the Battle of Ankara. However, Wellington would sully the victory with a naval defeat at the Battle of the Nile, destroying the Army of the Levant's chance at returning to Europe. Wellington then doubled back and engaged a combinded Franco-Spanish fleet at gibralter, inflicting a decisive naval defeat on the Bonapartes, and cutting off Napoleon from his forces in Outremer (the Emperor had rushed back to Paris, just as in 1799).

While in the Outremer, the Army of the Levant secured the Crusader's throne for Napoleon, after ousting the reigning Habsburg monarch, Ferdinand V, who's father had secured the throne by force of arms, after nearly a century of vacancy. The Army of the Levant remained in the Outremer, making the mistake of mistrusting the extremely supportive locals, and refusing to allow them to take up arms in defense of their own Homeland. After Hostilities resumed with the Ottomans in 1813, the Army of the Levant faced a reorganized Ottoman Army, and British and Russian expiditionary forces. Though considerably better trained than the French forces on the Continent, the Army of the Levant was whittled down, battle by battle, eventually being forced to the walls of Jerusalem itself, where militia units were finally incorporated into a larger mass. During the Battle of the Old City, 480,000 allied troops were either killed, wounded or captured: the entirity of the allied main battle force. However the entire armed forces of Jerusalem, including the army of the Levant, numbered only 120,000, and the nations coffers had been drained by the French War effort and much of its territory was occupied by the Ottomans (who were mobilizing another 300,000 men).

The Congress of Vienna recognized the situation of the Levant, and, thanks to the Austrian Emperor's prodding, allowed the Napoleon II, the so called king of rome, to ascede to the Crusader's Throne, so long as Jerusalem would be stripped of a good portion of it's territory, to be placed under Ottoman rule, despite the fact that it had been under Jerusalemite jurisdiction since the 14th and 15th centuries (in the case of the Kingdom of Baghdad, since 1702).

Napoleon II died in 1835 after a brief reign, in a hunting accident, leaving the throne to his infant son, the regency yet to be decided. Parliament is likely to pick a regent in mid 1836.

I'm going to post some starting events and some military info, then hopefully I'll have a narrative or history book post up tommorow (later today, really).

Thank you and enjoy
-Maximilliano

KOJ.jpg

The Tri-Color Flag of Jerusalem, first used by the Army of the Levant

CreationEvents1-4.jpg

CreationEvents5-8.jpg

CreationEvents9-10.jpg

1836-ArmedForces.jpg

Armed Forces of the Surviving Crusader States

CrusaderStates1836.jpg

Map of the Kingdom of Jerusalem

Wow! This looks very interesting! I'll be following :)

Most interesting! Since I was a eager follower of your Mexican AAR, I consider it my obligation to follow this one too.

This looks very interesting.

Is that a Mod you made by yourself, or can this be found somewhere in the forums?

Just, wow man. I really want to see where this goes (what's the low down on the populations?)

Sounds like an interesting idea.

Most cool idea.

Good luck and all.

Freddan- Thanks, i'll do my best to entertain

KanaX- haha you make it sound so arduous

Ringelnatz- I moded this one, which sucked, for lack of a better word. But i like to think it was worth it.

Wenis- Well i gave myself 33 Million, in the territory i have right now, and theres another 15 million in my cores, which the Ottomans now control. As for justification... well i really don't have one. Just more fun this way.

Duke of Wellington- Thanks, hope you like it

GeneralHannibal- Its been in the back of my head for awhile, we'll see where this goes

RGB- Thanks, i'll need it... theres no industry and, though i do have two silk producing provinces, theres really not much else. Though i do have a shitload of craftsman, hopefully my Capitalists will start making with the factories.

Thanks everyone for your support, first update in a minute

-Maximilliano

One's a sick duck and, well... i forget the rest, but your mother's a whore

Lt. General Enrique Joffre Ortiz de Casador y Florez raised his spyglass, glancing at his counterpart’s fortifications, the walls of the great city of Damascus. From all he had heard, things hadn’t been too bad for the Jerusalemites in Syria – that is, until now. Since the Sultan decided to throw his weight around, again, Outremer had been forced to defend the balance of power. This would be the first war, since Antonio I, which Jerusalem would fight without any of the sister kingdoms that had served as a buffer between the city and the infidel. When Enrique said as much to his adjunct, the Irishman spat on the ground in way of reply.

“It don’t matter none,” Smyth said, in his fluent – though not idiomatic, not even after over three decades in the Levant – Spanish, “ the bastards didn’t know how to fight when I got to this fucking place, and they were never too good at learning.”

Florez chuckled. “They have a token force guarding the city, nothing we should really worry our selves over.” He turned awkwardly on his mount, so his whole chest faced the Colonel. “What do you recommend Pat?”

“15 Minute Barrage with the light guns, give them a chance to surrender with arms and colors, to be released back to Constantinople,” scratching his beard, “If they don’t take that... well then, heavy guns for a few hours, wait till they try to charge us, and let the 2nd Rifles tear ‘em to pieces, and the cavalry charge while they retreat.”

Nodding soberly, “You’re a dangerous man, Pat.” Enrique gave the camp another glance over. “See that it’s done then.”

The Irishman smiled savagely, “Yes sir,” he saluted and rode off towards the grouping of officers that waited several yards away, and began barking orders.

From the hill (hardly even that), the General watched the barrage – poorly aimed, he noted approvingly; His army would seize Damascus, the Ottomans simply did not have the men to stop them, so best to keep the walls intact.

After the fifteen minutes were up, Colonel Smyth rode back up to Florez, the army khaki Keffiyeh that shielded his pale face could not hide his smile. “They won’t surrender, sir,” putting as much disdain into the first three words as he could, “I suppose this lets our boys a little bit of real combat experience before any major battle.” Smyth was wise enough that Florez was one of those boys himself. He continued, “ If you’ll forgive the breach sir, I’ve already given orders for the engineers to dig a firing pit for some light guns in front of our own positions,” noticing his commanding officer’s interest, Smyth continued, “ See even before they get in range of our men, we’ll be able to punch through their line with case shot.”

Enrique nodded. “They don’t teach us that one in Beirut,” he said approvingly.

The Irishman’s mirth disappeared. “ Sir, with all do respect, they need to shut down that school or get some real teachers in there. There is a reason they call it “the art of war,” your academy tries to turn it into a science.” His emerald eyes burned with a fire typically reserved for hatred of the British.

Florez shrugged. “Thanks Colonel, good to know the last four years of my life were for naught.”

The sarcasm missed Smyth like the maelstrom of that was the Battle of the Old City. Or maybe he just ignored it. “Don’t worry General, we’ll give you a real education.”

The Heavy guns fired. Florez tried to hide his surprise; he had never heard a whole battery fire at once. Just as the Irishman said, the Turks charged from the walls, aiming straight at the Jerusalemite lines. The only surprise, Florez was pleased to notice before his Napoleonic adjunct. “It seems they are taking a leaf out of the book of ancient tactics, Colonel,” trying to get his own back. He passed Smyth his spyglass, “They seem to be lining up in Infantry Columns.”

Smyth laughed as he glanced the enemy over. Collapsing the telescope, he barked an order at one of the runners standing near by. “Get the cannons in front to focus on the column nearest theirs, and have the cavalry ready to charge early, we can’t let the columns getting within fire range,” turning back towards the General, muttering. “Ancient tactics my ass.” He raised his voice so Florez could hear him now; “I was in one of those columns before your mother was offering her services to my regiment.”

“Careful Pat. Dueling is one of the few practical classes offered at Beirut.”

The Irishman snorted but said, “Sorry General.”

The battle was uneventful, in as much that any slaughter can be. The Canister smashed the columns before they got into firing range and the cavalry took care of the remains. As prisoners were marched towards Jerusalem lines, Smyth remarked to the General, “I don’t know what sort of bastard they had in charge there; probably somebody that thought you couldn’t go wrong mimicking the Emperor. At least he had overwhelming numbers when he did this sort of shit.”

Florez nodded and turned his horse towards Damascus. “Come Colonel, lets go be greeted as liberators.”

Smyth smiled and began rattling off his experience as a liberator against the Habsburgs in 1805. After Smyth had managed to find six ways to insult Florez’s mother without being so obvious as to make Florez challenge him, the General finally concluded: this was going to be a fun campaign.

Maximilliano said:
the ill fated Mexican AAR that ended with several marsupials stealing a 1997 Volkswagon Jetta, and driving through St. Peter's square, drunk off of...
Wow, I'm definitely reading both these tales! :D

Wow, 33 million is alot..now 15 million reasonable. You know, 33 million is more than the Ottoman Empire in vanilla, even with the Levant? :eek:

Anyways, this looks interesting, though I'm worried you might be overpowered. :wacko:

Maximilliano said:
[
KanaX- haha you make it sound so arduous
It's almost like a religion to me :p

awsome AAR so fAAR...

and after that crappy statement there's not much I have to say.

I'll definately be reading this though.

Is your state religion Jewish or Catholic (or something else)?

Auspicious start.

Now to get an industry and after that all your crowns back.

Duke of Wellington- What a mouthful that Jerusalemite's name is, i think you mean :p The first wave of immigrants to the newly catholic holy land were Spanish soldiers and those fleeing Ferdinand and Isabella. The ruling elite began speeking spanish (as opposed to the or arabic that was common before) as to appear more christian, and it trickled down. When the biggest wave of immigrants came in from the 30 years war, they began taking spanish names as to fit in better... the largest single ethnic group is German, consequently, but with falsified names. And the Irish character is alot of fun to write, just wait and see the hijinks he gets into

Hajji Giray I- You sir, are a brave soul

Iron_Skull- Yep, i know, which is why...
RevivalEvents.jpg

PersianExpansion.jpg

The Turkish heartland itself has 41 Million, the Persian heartland has 18 Million, but 34 Million with its Empire (event giving them Afghanistan, Kalat-Makran, Punjab, and the Kashmir).

KanaX- A religion eh? Well i'll start working on the holy books, you start preaching. By the end of the year, we should be the fastest growing religion in the world

joebthegreat- It's ok, everyonce in awhile I too enjoy a punny AAR mixed word. Wait that doesn't even make sense...

Wenis- Protestant, story wise we are "Levantine Catholic" with the Patriarch of Jerusalem acting in a similar position to the Bishop of Rome.

RGB- I just wish my capitalists would start on that already :mad:

Mr. Capiatlist- well enjoy then!

I'm gonna try and finish this update and have it up in a bit, thanks everyone for reading
-Maximilliano