• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Manstein16

First Lieutenant
77 Badges
Jul 19, 2006
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Rise of Prussia
  • March of the Eagles
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • East India Company Collection
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
Ok folks, here's the thread. I just used the first title suggested by Fas for the name - if a vote decides to change it, so be it. Now, does someone a little more organized than myself want to take over and start listing the duchies and their respective players?

THE BIG CHEESES OF FRANCE MP GAME
frenchcrown.jpg
Vive le France! Vive roi CSK

Code:
Fasquardon                  [COLOR=DarkOrange]Aragon[/COLOR]
Manstein	            away
Ganso	                    Currently ousted from power
Okawoa	                    Anjou
Empyrean	            Fixing connection
Melle                       [COLOR=DarkRed]Bugundy[/COLOR]
CSK[SIZE=5]♚[/SIZE]/Shuma                   [COLOR=Navy]France[/COLOR]

First Session: [B]Finish[/B]
Second Session: [B]Finish[/B]
Third Session: [B]Finish[/B]
Fourth Session: [B]Finish[/B]
Fifth Session: [B]Finish[/B]
Sixth Session: [B]Finish[/B]
Seventh Session: [COLOR=Red]Newyears[/COLOR]
Eighth Session: [B]Finish[/B]
Ninth Session: [COLOR=Red]Not played[/COLOR]
Tenth Session: [COLOR=Lime]Today[/COLOR]: 4PM

The game begins at 16:00 GMT on Saturdays
You need the Improvment pack, [URL=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=266192]HERE[/URL]  is the link

Thanks to Fas
Rules & Recommendations:

Part (1) - stability of the game and the players.

i) Re-hosts & starting:

a) We will wait for no more than 5 minutes after game start (by the host's watch) for players to arrive, or until we have at least three players. If you aren't here by then, tough cookies. Likewise, we will not wait more than 10 minutes before re-starting the game after a crash. For those who are on time, there will be a cookie of one month's income.

b) Do not select your state before the host.

c) Do not leave the game set-up if someone is downloading.

d) Do not go afk without warning. Try to avoid unnecessary afks. When going afk, an estimated time for your absence would be appreciated. Remember to say when you are back.

e) Do not alt-tab away from CK.

f) If the game is being really unstable, don't take out your frustration on other players, we're gonna be as pissed as you.

g) If a player crashes, the game is rehosted at the start of the next year unless he is in war in which case an immediate rehost.

h) If you know you will be away for a game session, either find yourself a sub, or accept that you will be AI'd.

ii) While the game is running:

a) When the game starts, say "in". Do absolutely nothing with the mouse until the host tells everybody "start". If you click on *anything* before everybody has joined, the game might crash. You *may* chat with others, including private-messages, but as everybody is reporting in, your message might go unnoticed in the plethora of messages.

b) Do not go afk without warning. Try to avoid unnecessary afks. When going afk, an estimated time for your absence would be appreciated. Remember to say when you are back.

c) Do not alt-tab away from CK.

d) DO NOT PAUSE. If you urgently need to get the game paused, ask the host to pause. If the host is temporally AFK or is not able to see your messages, then pause until the situation is cleared with the host. While paused, make sure someone is still manipulating the game.

e) Let a few seconds pass before accepting an annexation offer.

f) Remember to be courteous at all times when speaking out of character. In-character insults are, of course, part of the game.

g) It helps if CK is the only program running, particularly when you are the host. Also, it helps to de-fragment your hard-disk regularly.

Part (2) - game play considerations.

i) Avoiding gamey-ness:

a) We encourage roleplaying. Try to get into the headspace of your ruler, rather than doing things just because they will increase your power.

b) To prevent pagan bashing, you are permitted one DOW against a pagan or Moslem per ruler lifetime. You can not save up these DOWs. If your ruler has the Crusader trait, you are given one extra DOW. In addition, it is always permissible to declare war on the owner of the current Crusade target. If a Moslem DOWs your ally, or vice-versa, you are permitted to respond; but you are not allowed to go above your DOW limit to help out a human player who is not your formal ally. Let the aggressor beware! This is intended to keep the Moslems as a viable threat for some way into the game. In order to help enforce these rules, it would be much appreciated if everyone would put "New King" and "Pagan/Moslem DOW" in the chat when these things occur.

c) Players shall not assassinate courtiers inside their own court without stating a good in-character reason to do so first. It is forbidden to assassinate characters inside your court just for reducing badboy.

All rules may be changed according to the will of the majority of the players.

Europe Anno Domini

Last edited:
What's this "Anjou, Gascony, Flandres" nonsense? You need to decide who is going to be Camembert, Roquefort, Brie de Melun!

Har har.

On topic, so far we have:

Fasquardon (Duchy of Gascony - needs to be split from Aquitaine)
Manstein (undecided...)
Ganso (Flandres)
Okawoa (Britanny - as vassal of the french King)
Empyrean (Anjou)
Melle ( Burgundy)

which leaves

- Duchy of Aquitaine
- Duchy of Poitou
- Duchy of Champagne
- Duchy of Toulouse
Other:
- Duchy of Normandy (must be vassal of the king of France)

Also, I think everybody is still using the standard mod combination of the last game, SMACK+BOPACK+IP2b, the Shuma-made ready to use package here: http://fpad.filefront.com/?http://files.filefront.com//;5955447;;/

Depends really; we once played like, I dunno, 4-5 hours me thinks, I was pretty wasted that time, har har.

Hell, throw me in for Normandy. Shouldn't take long for my loyalty to drop low enough to make the switch. If it goes wrong though, I hope you just don't throw me to the English dogs :p

Well, i'm waiting on Fas now, I had an "appointment" with him this afternoon but I had a family emergency... hope he posts here tomorrow.

I sent you a PM about that Ganso...

I thought we were switching to vanilla events? To see if it improved stability.

fasquardon

this sounds like it would be great, if the time and my connection work out.

i tried joining a game with oka and fas but it kept disconnecting - i've since found out turning off music and some other things helps avoid d/c, if it was on my end.

i don't want to disrupt your actual game if it's just China's great firewall, but what time would you be playing (beijing time, if you want to do the conversion ;))? and would anyone have a moment to try a quick match just to see if i can stay stable?

j.

@Llywelyn: Beijing is at GMT +8 which means that the game would run right about.... midnight. ( 24.00 (12.AM) ).

@Fasquardon: yeah, but for some reason I couldn't send back an answer, I kept getting a server error. Sorry mate, had a family emergency, couldn't be there.

In the other thread CSK offered to sub for me this session if I want to play from the next one. Well, I would like to play so CSK if you're still around, take control of Tulouse for me :)

EDIT: Also, what are the game settings? I'd really suggest very hard, so that we don't get a lot of claims easily. As for the heathen attacking rules, I suggest we steal the ones from the URR game.

Well we should make it clear if were going to have vanilla or mods. so when we play all of us know instead of a couple of us with mods and the rest vanilla or vice versa.
Shuma whats URR? Never heard of it. If you or anyone else could just clarify that would be great.

Well as it seems people want to go for stability, then probably best to play 1.05 + Improvement Pack 2 and thats it. By URR I mean Ultima Ratio Regnum which is a multiplayer game currently going on. They have a rule that you can declare war on a heathen once per ruler's lifetime, or twice if he has the crusader trait. Something like that.