• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Susana

COO Paradox Interactive
43 Badges
Aug 18, 2004
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Paradox Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Galactic Assault
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
Europa Universalis scheduled to hit stores as holiday craze subside

New York, USA (November 9, 2006) – Paradox Interactive announced today that their biggest production to date, Europa Universalis III, will be shipping to stores on January 23, 2007 in North America with releases in Europe to follow on January 26.

The title has been rated E and 12+. A Collectors Edition will be available in limited numbers on key markets. The Collectors Edition with a suggested retail price of $49.99, 499 SEK/NOK/DKK and 49,99 EUR will include a complete strategy guide among other exclusive assets. The standard version has a suggested retail price of $39.99 399 SEK/NOK/DKK and 39,99 EUR.

Europa Universalis III is an epic strategy game of centuries that delves deeply into the areas of exploration, trade, warfare and diplomacy. The open-ended gameplay allow for an impressive number of choices and outcomes as players take control of a nation and guide it through the ages to become a great global empire.

Features include:
• Over 300 years of game play by starting at ANY date between 1453 and 1789.
• Flexible nation building: decide your own form of government, the structure of your society, trade politics and much more. The possibilities are endless.
• Take history in your hands and call personalities like Sir Isaac Newton, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart or René Descartes as advisors to your court.
• A lush topographic map in full 3D allows for a rich and complete worldview, and contains more than 1700 provinces and sea zones.
• More than 250 countries to lead during the game’s extensive time span.
• More than a thousand historical leaders and over 4000 historical Monarchs at your disposal
• Manage more than 100 individual unit troops to secure as much power as possible.
• Co-operative multiplayer mode that allows several players to work together to control a single nation
• Complete customization, Europa Universalis III gives you the chance to customize and mod practically anything your heart may desire. Join the constantly growing and incredibly talented Paradox modding community!

http://www.europauniversalis3.com

Sweet Zombie Jesus!

Come ooooon January...

One happy citizen here... :D

Wohoo! And just 40$!

Praise Susana!

Oh boys, the map will be like that, this is the final product, we will have to live with this... no "enhancements" anymore...

January? Is it just my impression or I can see a developmet team rushing to get it ready and hit the stores on vacations? Its earlier than what we were expecting, maybe even earlier what Paradox was expecting... as long as it doesnt come fulled with bugs, its ok.

January is great !
hope it won`t be postponed

That early?:eek: Jooohoooooo!:D I though somewhere around March! But the price is surprising, it's the same price as is normal in Norway. Usually Paradox's games costs 399 NOK, which is approximately 62 USD with the current exchange rate( and that is dirt cheap for a new game over here, 499 NOK/78 USD is what all pc games costs. and console gfames costs 599 NOK/93 USD...). But I'm happy to pay whatever the price, it's Paradox after all.;):p

I hope we can pre-order soon :)
And that it magically appears on my desk when I have. Stupid dreams.

Btw. does Gamersgate version become available on 23rd or 26th?

Susana said:
The Collectors Edition with a suggested retail price of $49.99, 499 SEK/NOK/DKK and 49,99 EUR will include a complete strategy guide among other exclusive assets. The standard version has a suggested retail price of $39.99 399 SEK/NOK/DKK and 39,99 EUR.

Wow, I know about the importance of psychological price values, but man, this is a lot of a difference!!! With today´s exchange rates, it will cost:

EUR 31,30 in the USA
EUR 39,99 in Euroland
EUR 43,67 in Sweden
EUR 48,39 in Norway
EUR 53,51 in Denmark

that´s a 71% penalty for Danes in comparison to US-citizens... What´s the shipping cost from US to Europe? Maybe it´ll be cheaper importing it...

Well, thats capitalism and Pax Americana. When dollar was stronger than euro, there was no such parity, now that its reverse, there is. Europe, know your place. Good thing I live outside the Euro zone and GG charges me in dollars. :p

Yay, good news and so on.
But why do we Euros always get screwed over? Even by European companies. We pay more, but get the game later. gah!

Registered said:
Yay, good news and so on.
But why do we Euros always get screwed over? Even by European companies. We pay more, but get the game later. gah!

VAT? Just guessing here. But considering most European countries have a 15-22% sales tax isn't it normal it's more expensive?