• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(54240)

Moved to new account
Feb 22, 2006
I didn't intend this game to be an AAR in the first place, but since things went pretty interesting I decided to share it with you guys.

Mind you that this is my first AAR and I rarely read other people's AAR, so just bear in mind that I will not be as professional as other people when it comes to reporting progress in details. Besides, I don't have that much free time to write or even play (I should really be studying instead :rolleyes:)

So this is my first attempt for a one-colour WC... AS FRANCE! Yes, you heard me right. France, usually a neglected country because they get raped by Germany pretty much all the time. But I shall attempt to change France's fate by ahistorically defeating and annexing Germany to create a new French Empire greater than anything Napoleon dreamed of.

Settings are: N/N, 1936, no mods except GFX stuff, no edit or f12.

I'm actually close to 1942 in my game, but I'll introduce my game from the start. Ummm... I don't have any screenies until 1939 because I didn't think about making it into an AAR the first 3 years. In fact, I actually don't have a lot of screenies because I forget when I'm in middle of action and I don't want to spam pictures. So... sorry, I'll have to fill the blanks in with words and you guys have to use your imaginations :rolleyes: (As I said, this is not professional).

Okay, enough gibberish and to the game itself. I inched my slider towards dictatorship from the start. I got rouge politician giving me extra moves towards dictatorship and ban communist/fascist party events that let me move LEFT. Now what I did was to reform French Army by abandoning the entire Superior Firepower-Grand Battle Plan doctrine and starting from scratch with Mobility focus and slowly advancing towards the Blitzkreig doctrine. No more French turtle, we're going Lightning. Other researches besides the obvious include Rocket, Nuclear, Carrier, CAS, etc. Now that I think about it I think I should have switched my Naval doc. to Base Strike :(.

Anyhow, first three years were boring as usual. Nat.Spain actually WON the civil war. Stalin got possesed by an Angel and didn't go with the purge. Everything else was pretty historical when in September 1938, the Treaty of Munich event happened. Instead of Sudetenland, this is what Czechoslavakia gave Germany: ..l., :eek: Then all hell broke loose: Germany DoW Czechoslavakia, then Poland DoW Germany, then USSR Dow Germany, Romania joins the Axis, Bulgaria DoW USSR, Portugal joins Axis, Spain joins Axis and Italy joins Axis. Now just take a minute to absorb that..... During the midst of all this chaos, seeing the change in situation, I moved my 100+ div. stack that was ready to invade Germany to borders of Spain and Italy. Then it was my turn to DoW. Feburary 15 1939, France DoW Axis dragging all the other poor souls into the war.

French Army poured into Spain and Italy at the same time as if a dam just broke. And here is my first Sceenshot:

As you can see, the brave Czechs and Poles are gone already and the Germans are fighting the Soviets now.

Both peninsulas annexed:

More next time, I don't want the first post to be so big.

Last edited:
Welcome to the joys of writing an AAR! Nice looking France :)

Impressive and Interesting. I can't wait to here more.

As far as screen shots go, I just make sure I do a save whenever something interesting is happening, or about to happen. Later its really easy to just load up at a particular save point and make some screenshots. I also try to make sure I get a save at the beginning of each year for a yearly review.

Nice pics

The Germans are advancing pretty far into Russia, I'd watch out.

Thanks guys. Remember, I already played up to November 1941 (what you see were played 2 weeks ago), so the only screenies I have are the ones I saved during that time. But I guess I can load my old saves to take more screenies.

So more screenies from my old save games:

French army mastering the Blitzkreig doctrine

One slider away from being a Pinko Commie to Red Commie

Map of Europe when France DoW on Germany

3 main groups of offensive-Iberian Peninsula, Italy and Libya

BTW Kristof73, Vichy France??? :eek: WHAT?! you're making me look bad... :mad:, well, I shoudn't be surprised after reading your Greece AAR ;).

So continuing from my first post:
So if I remember correctly, I redeployed all the divisions in Spain to the Maginot line after the annexation (Portugal BTW was not annexed as they had VP on Macao and African colonies and I didn't bother to chase them all around the Globe). While 70 or 80 divisions that annexed Italy moved to the northern Italy to face the Germans there. After waiting for redeployment and org. to restore, it was time to strike the Germans. In what was called: The "OPERATION MOUSTACHE SHAVE"

A little illustration to show how bad we're gonna have it with the Germans. I made it easy enough for even kids to understand.

French 'razors' rip through Germany like chainsaw through a wedding dress

Meanwhile Soviets are launching a counteroffense as Germans are facing a 2-front war and significantly weakened after France took them by surprise

Reached Berlin

Hungary decided to join Germany's losing war, Axis troops are getting thicker and thicker with Germans, Hungarians, Romanians and Bulgarians.

During this time I also DoWed Persia (and they in turn decided to join the Axis) with the price of 7 dissent hit. They were easily moped up by Soviets and the Brits. So why? It's not because of their nuclear programs no. You'll find out soon when we reach 1940 :p.

And finally after about 4 month of battle Germany is annexed in October 24th and Hungary in November 1st! We now face the Soviet face to face. But we are still facing fascist forces of the Balkan. Greece DoW us, I don't know what they were thinking... well, free war for me.

Lets hope my annexation of Germany attracts more audience to my AAR for the next episode.

Why did you DoW Persia???

GeneralHannibal said:
Why did you DoW Persia???
oil? to reach china? nice work! iraq in that last pic looks like it got messed up..

Persia is the Gateway to the Soviet Union's most important IC provinces. And fantastic job on the annexation of Germany, obviously France could have done a little better IRL :rofl:

Time for a little Barbarossa?

Thanks again guys for taking interest in my AAR. Spacehusky is right, Persia was sacrificed for my plans of opening a new front against the Soviets, but most importantly to force the Brits into the war since they don't do anything. But I'll spare the details for later.

Unfortunately I don't have any shots of action in the Balkan and Greece; only the after annexation screen.

Most of the Romanian divisions were lost while they were fighting in Germany, so it was easy to take Romania. Bulgaria and Greece showed fierce resistence and combine that with mountains and winter, the French forces had to crawl. And after many defeats and counter attacks Bulgaria was annexed. Greece couldn't handle the French from the North and forces that landed from the South, so they surrendered in April 18, 1940. They actually resisted for almost 6 months! Longer than the Germans did.

France IC: 233/188 and about 120 infantry divisions. I probably would have more IC if I used Prince of Terror, but French manpower is running quite low so I used Compassionate Gentleman. Manpower before the war started was about 600. After Spain and Italy's annexation was 562. Germany and Hungary annexed, 404. Romania, Bulgaria, Greece gone, 328.

Notice that Soviets already annexed estonia and latvia and is engaged in Winter war with the Finns.

Now that the Fascist elements are mopped out of Europe, what is the new French Empire going to do? It seems a situation is already developing along the French-Soviet border...