• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(56576)

Petit Burgeois
May 2, 2006
Rules

Everyone is free to join this MP game, provided that you have enough time to play it along the other players during all or most of the sessions.

This game requires that all the players have SMACK (with the latest hotfix), BOPACK and IP2b installed. Otherwise, if you don't have any of them, you may not be able to join the game.

Player Shuma made a compilation of all these mods into one file. Download it here. Skip all the annoying ads, and you will be able to install it. However, we do not ensure this will work right in all systems. Use it at your own risk.

Here is a list of all important rules all players have to abide. If you're new here, then we strongly recommend you read them before playing.

Gaming Sessions:

1. First Session, at 5 PM CET 09/30/2006 - Completed.
2. Second Session, at 5 PM CET 10/07/2006 - Completed.
3. Third Session, at 5 PM CET 10/14/2006 - Completed.
4. Fourth Session, at 5 PM CET 10/21/2006 - Completed.

Here is a sunclock software that allows players to see any time differences and avoid any confusion with hours and different timezones. I recommend all players here not in Central Europe to use it and avoid posting too much questions about time on this thread. Let's concentrate just on gaming, instead.

All the players will decide the rules and the gaming time and they may change freely as long as the majority or all the players subscribed decide so.

The progress of the game will be reported here, so all players must have a good memory of their actions and some pics to post in order to build a good AAR. Don't feel that collecting information will ever interrupt fun during gameplay, and you're not obliged to post too much detailed AAR's. Just post what you can remember, plus some pics, and you will be doing your part there.

Players subscribed:

rsobota - Kingdom of Aragon
Manstein16 - Duchy of Saxony
CSK - Duchy of Alania
Shuma - Duchy of Tolouse
fasquadron - Kingdom of Rus
Ganso - Duchy of Galloway
Okawoa - Duchy of Apulia

To subscribe, post here and make any suggestions you feel adequate. Be sure that you are able to play most of the sessions, or you may be removed according to the decisions of other players.

Note: Post here when in case you don't have time to play the next session. A replacement player will be found temporarily, the game might be procrastinated or it may be played normally, according to what is decided.

Last edited:
I fear you may have a bit of a lost cause here, the CK MP community has been shrinking drastically of late. However, there is one shining light in the darkness : Ultima Ratio Regnum, at 1930 Pacific time on Fridays. The thread is further down the page, feel free to join us if you can't get enough players for a good game here.

When were you planning to play? I seem to recall there were several people who would only be available on weekends.

King of Men said:
I fear you may have a bit of a lost cause here, the CK MP community has been shrinking drastically of late. However, there is one shining light in the darkness : Ultima Ratio Regnum, at 1930 Pacific time on Fridays. The thread is further down the page, feel free to join us if you can't get enough players for a good game here.

When were you planning to play? I seem to recall there were several people who would only be available on weekends.
Basically, most of the time during the week and weekends. I was hoping for something different, more like an average game of CK multiplayer or something that we would discuss and define. I know that the CK forums are being gradually abandoned, but, I need to play with something smarter than an AI and maybe convert the game to EU2 and Vicky. It get's boring to just play with the AI :(.

Well I'd like to play a multiplayer game. The Ultima ratio regnum one doesn't suit me, because getting up at 4.30 AM on Saturdays isn't my idea of fun. So if another game would start, with the time more suitable to Europeans, I'd join.

Shuma said:
Well I'd like to play a multiplayer game. The Ultima ratio regnum one doesn't suit me, because getting up at 4.30 AM on Saturdays isn't my idea of fun. So if another game would start, with the time more suitable to Europeans, I'd join.
Yes, if you have time and you feel able to proceed, then you can join and discuss about this game. Including the hours we would choose to play.

Well, I like to keep Friday and Saturday nights for going out, and Sunday for playing D&D, so any other evening during the week, or Saturday during the day is fine for me.

EDIT: I'm on Central European Time

Central European time? OK then :). I have plenty of free time so you will have more flexible choices, if I have something to do then I will tell you before.

Well, let's wait a few days to see if anybody else wants to play, and then we'll make the arrangements.

Let's already start discussing the game. Currently we have no setup, maybe we should try having a "long game" and converting it to Europa Universalis 2 once we reach 1419. Then we could convert it to Ricky and maybe Doomsday. What do you think?

And, of course, we could already pick up some of the conditions to play (with the AI). I always play on Normal, Furious, by the way.

I'm not sure about the EUII part. I played it only for a few months just after it came out, and am not sure I want to learn how to play it all over again. I haven't played Victoria or HoI at all. Let's just play out the CK bit, and then we'll see.

As for settings, I usualy play Hard/Normal. Certainly I'd like it if we put it on hard, so there's no claim grabbing frenzy, to ensure we make our expansions slow. Also we should put some restrictions on attacking infidels, something like they have at the Ultima Ratio Regnum game.

I'm not sure about the AI aggresivness. I don't like them being more aggressive then they "should", but maybe we could compromise and put it at Angry or something.

OK, then, we would restrict attacks on infidels either to expel them from Europe (except Russia) or to reach Crusade goals.

I'm eager to start this game. Should we do it now or wait for others? I've invited Manstein16, if he agrees or not then we should start it soon.

I was thinking more along the lines of:

1 declaration of war against infidels in 10 years
2 if you have the crusader trait
and you can always declare war on the target of the crusade.

Or something like that.

Maybe we could play on Monday night, 8 pm CET? I'm not sure I could do it before that. And what would we be playing, Duchies or?

Also, I am not sure about the technicalities of playing a MP game. Do we all have to have exactly the same versions installed or? I have the Improvement pack 2, and BOPACK and SMACK mods as well.

I have 1.05 and the Improvements Packs. I would like to play with the Improvement Packs, what do you think?

The time you said is very fine for me. I won't do anything, it is not even going to be night where I live.

Welcome, CSK, join our game :) !

CSK said:
I think the problem rather is, what will happen if the next improvement pack is out? Have you continued one save from IP1 to IP2? If yes that's good. If not I say wait for 1.06.
Well we will continue to play with IP2. IMHO, there is no grave problem now that requires it to be replaced urgently. Maybe when we finish patch 1.06 will be already available for download.

OR we could just choose to play in vanilla 1.05.

Actually it should be IP2 then. The improvements are too good not to use them.

As to the countries, I think smaller Duchies would fit best (not the uber Duchies as Saxony, Flandres, Peryaslavl etc.).

CSK said:
Actually it should be IP2 then. The improvements are too good not to use them.

As to the countries, I think smaller Duchies would fit best (not the uber Duchies as Saxony, Flandres, Peryaslavl etc.).
Maybe even counties ;), but these would be too hard. Most of the time, I go for strong duchies, but we could choose some weak or isolated ones just for an extra challenge. Maybe Catalonia, Navarra, Gwynnedd (sp?), or one of these in Ireland. I prefer border duchies because you're not isolated by people of the same realm, so you can't DoW them unless you're really powerful.

I think I will go for Catalonia, or Munster. What about you, and Shuma?

With restrictions towards crusading, Polotsk could be reasonable. There are of course some other very interesting ones. I think I'll try Alania (I think that's the right one, that up north of Georgia) again.

I'm for starting playing with IP2. If the 1.06 comes out and brings a lot of changes (which I doubt), then we'll see if we wanna restart or something.
So, 1.05 with IP2, and no mods? I kind of like SMACK and BOPACK, but if you guys don't want to play with them.. no problem.

As for what to play... I agree with the no uber duchies idea. I was thinking maybe something in souther France... Tulouse probably.. but not sure yet.