• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

OAM

GDI Commander
68 Badges
May 17, 2006
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Ancient Space
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
Hello everyone, this is my first AAR, post, and game so please bare with me durring my many mistakes, and please give me advice.

My goal is to expand Germany over Europe and Asia while eliminating the threats to her along the way. I plan to invade Poland and spilt it with the USSR while having strong defences to hold off the Allies, then invade all of those countries and Norway. Norway will be a springboard to Invade the UK. With that secure I can invade the USSr and accomplish my goals.

(I'd continue now but I can't find my screenshots. Where do they go when you press the button to take them? I can contune after that. :( )

No you push F11 to take screenshots. Then they should be in that directory. :D

Ok Thanks guys I'll continue now, I was just used to most games using print scrn now. P.S. Spitfire_Pilot, I've read some of your AARs and they are so awsome :)

Ok I've taken new screen shots. This one shows the aftermath of the SCW. Take note that I didn't ally with the Nationalist untill the very late stage of the war.

Key:
Red dot: My amphibious landing in August of 36, the red arrow shows the path of my advancing forces, my flanks were covered by the nationalist forces.

Green dots: After cutting the Republicans off from a port in the Atlantic they sued for peace, giving me all the provinces with green dots in them and returning the north coast to them. It was a good deal, it cut off alot of the units and the threat of my re-declareation made them severly limit their offences. I later gave back all but one to the Nationalist after the war in some very big trades, keeping one as a base to help Spain when a war aginst France starts. Also it puts my fleets in range of North Africa.

Orange dots: The last holdouts of Republican troops, they had around 12 divisions there but none guarding Barcelona. Even with an excess of around 20 divisions, the Nationalists wouldn't attack for fear of excessive losses, so I allied and helped them out, capturing the unguarded Barcelona.

Currently I have 3 infantry corps (9 divisions) and an HQ based there plus II Luftflotte witch has an interceptor and three tac bombers. Also, 1.Flotte is there witch is one of the two old fleets from the beginning with 4 added transports.

Here is my plan for the major war when it breaks out:

I will spilt Poland with SU in 39 while quickly overrunning Denmark and holding back the Allies. After winter I will launch an attack threw the low countries into France and with Axis troops stationed in Spain. Near the end of this when troops are freed up, I'll conduct an anphibious assault on Norway (my first marine corps is beginning to take form as we speak). If I do this fast, I'll invade the UK the same year, but I'll probably have to wait over the winter. My only concern is keeping the SU happy while I'm at this. Once it draws near I'll have specific plans for you to see.

Another update!

My tech is realy going good. All the blueprint trade with Spain is doing good, as they were way ahead in aircraft. While my plan doesn't call for a big airforce, speed research on the basic forms of aircraft I don't have is going well and soon I'll put in some orders witch will be ready for the Polish campaign, though only at about half numbers.

Also, I've drawn up the plans for the invasion of Norway as it does not present as much of a challange or dynamics as France or Poland, and with my small intellegence on them, it won't make much of a different.

I plan to land a tank corps and two infantry corps on the southern shore, then encircle Oslo. While this is happining I.Marinekorps will land at Narvik. To pull this off, I'll need to further increase my navy, even adding a 4th fleet, and still then only my u-boats will be covering all other operations. Atleast my 3rd fleet is comming along great and should be ready in time.

And to leave you, heres Japans progress in Asia:

Another update will come tommorow or the next day :)

No update today, I should just about reach my time to invade Poland. I belive Communist China got picked on by the other Chinas before Japan realy even got going. I've also started a winter war as the Finns for experience, I'm doing quite good and should win soon, then I'll get back to this.

Good update man !!. And glad you enjoyed my AAR's i enjoy writing them. And Communist China grew pretty big in the last few years...hmmm

I may of had that backwards, distracted and all. Anywho I have a big update because the unexpected happened! When deviding up Checkoslovika (Probably spelled that wrong) they went to war, but the allies intervined almost immediatly. Now this normaly wouldn't be a problem because my defences to stall with were already set up. However Poland joined the Allies to, and I had just pulled most troops out of that area to deal with the other fronts. Here is a picture account of what has happened.

This is within hours of the "incident" as I refer to it now.

Early advances, its actualy going as my emergency plans state at this point. Note I'm not using I.Panzerarmee there because it hasn't been upgraded yet.

The Spanish had a good sized army of infantry. I assumed control of them and made these early advances witch were supported by two of my three corps in the area. Even though this is the greatest advance made, this front has some sad news as Spain's holdings in Africa were overrun almost immediatly.

Poland attacks over the boarder in force! I had not even realized they declaired war on me! They also attacked East Prussia with 3 to 1 numarical superiority! Somehow they failed and I luckily had just enough spare troops to capure Danzig and establish a land supply route and a way to evacuate in an emergency, but I'd hate to do that as it is a major ic investment in East Prussia.

Two weeks or thereabouts of war have yielded this. Hungary isn't doing so well so I assumed millitary control over them. Poland has sent over 10 divisions into Checkoslovika and my advance is bogging down even with the majority of Check forces out of supply. I was going to bring some of my troops in Spain over but the transports were still en route at the declairation of war. (Currently a battle between my 1st and 3rd fleets aginst a Brittish carrier group with a Austrailian fleet is in progress North of the UK. Over 30 ships on both sides with the neither side gaining any advances.)

This has really turned my plans upside down. Norway is out of the question. Atleast my Western boarder is holding with Spanish troops on the advance, but the Eastern front could go any way at this point.

huh. the czechs chose war....should still use those tanks. even tho they arent upgraded, they can still fight! :D and the reason you won in east prussia was because you have greater org than the poles(the red bar)

Ok responses first, I have another update, alot has changed.

Duke: Yep, I'm getting even better down there now that I'm past the mountians.

lifeless: They are upgraded now and they did the trick. It turns out having Prauge encircled didn't matter much because they had a very few supplies. I thought the reason for the winnings in Prussia might have been org, but isn't it the green bar?

-Delta-: Don't worry, as soon as I take care of the Poles, witch won't take long (see the update :) ) my armies will sweep threw the low countries and mop up.

Now for the update, I've only played 25 more days but my future looks good on almost all fronts!

I'll start with the bad news. The naval battles are going terrible, though the u-boats are having success. I lost quite a few ships, 1st fleet is down to 2 ships left, and the other 2 lost a few, including the Bismark, my favorite ship :mad: . The only place with mild success at all is near Gibralter, where the puny Spanish fleet is doing a stellar job at beating back the Austrailian reinforcements comming around Africa. (Gibralter was taken first thing along time ago so...)

The good news is the Checks have been anexed and the Poles defence is crubmling now that I have enough forces to do more than sit there. However Stalin appears not to be too happy, I'll need to keep my eye on that.

Here's the pictures:

A scary French build up, or so they think! I think they are just gonna sit there, and if they move my Spanish troops will take full advantage of it.

Here is about where I realize their end is near. I mainly use the Hungarian troops for mopping them up but I needed a few of my own troops because the Poles seem to have quite a bit more troops then expected. This means that all the troops tied up because of the inconvienient shape of Checkoslovikia can be put elsewhere. They all go to Poland as the West is secure for now, but most importantly I can divert I.Panzerarmee to Prussia just in time to stop the last chance the Poles have for a breakthrew.

My advance furthers. Not that important but you can see the troops I sent up via ship from guarding Gibralter. Without them, a stalemate was developing because I didn't have enough troops to secure the flanks.

Here is my advance into Poland, this is after 12 hours of invasion, believe it or not. I see a pocket ready for forming right here.

That's all for this time folks! Please, leave your comments! :)

yeah its green. my mistake :eek:o yeah those french will just sit there...good luck with that possible at poznan :)

Give the Spanish Tarragona back. It's theirs, you know. They get National ICs and manpower from it.

Even though Tarragona HAS no ICs or Manpower.... :p