• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(56641)

Recruit
May 4, 2006
Hullo all,

sorry if this has been posted before, but i dont know how to search on these forums... cant seem to fine the search.

But anyway heres my problem,

a few mates and i where playing, and We had a powerblack out, and our auto save wont load, either 1 of 4 pc's will crash while loading, Or the host will kill its self some how, or third of all it will load up to 100% then say its failed or corrupted (i cant remember the exact error) and then start reloading the save.

well we thought it was just an error in the save as it turns out its doing it with all our saves, even new ones we make, But single player works like a charm tho.

anyideas whats wrong?

oh and we are running hoi2DD (not patched version)

What's wrong is that it simply does not work. Something was broken with either compression, decompression, or transfer of saves when the game went to DD.

Unlike some quirks, which might be attributed to routers and so forth, this is something that can be wholey attributed to the coding and which is presumably straightforward for Paradox to fix in the next patch. It works in all the other paradox games, but something's wrong with this one.

You're going to have to send the files to each other manually. MSN works.

Btw, the search function was disabled a year ago. Up until then, the forums crashed alot, it was particularly bad on the weekends, when there wasn't anyone in the office to reset stuff.

Let's keep all MP related issues in the MP forum as per the sticky threads.
*Moved

Well they forgot to beta test the multiplayer that's for sure. I mean, they forgot to start up a multiplayer game, save the game and then countinue on another day. I guess they don't like to play multiplayer I guess.

I tried msn hotmail and there seems to be some glitches there as well. wont send properly and then when it arrives at my buddies email it doesnt DL properly thoughts?

Brasidas said:
What's wrong is that it simply does not work. Something was broken with either compression, decompression, or transfer of saves when the game went to DD.

Unlike some quirks, which might be attributed to routers and so forth, this is something that can be wholey attributed to the coding and which is presumably straightforward for Paradox to fix in the next patch. It works in all the other paradox games, but something's wrong with this one.

You're going to have to send the files to each other manually. MSN works.

Btw, the search function was disabled a year ago. Up until then, the forums crashed alot, it was particularly bad on the weekends, when there wasn't anyone in the office to reset stuff.

Cyprian said:
I tried msn hotmail and there seems to be some glitches there as well. wont send properly and then when it arrives at my buddies email it doesnt DL properly thoughts?

The Aussie groups use regular email and it works fine. The host sends a zipped file, extract it to your scenarios/save games folder and it works like a charm.

But yes, a patch would be appreciated.

Yes it is very frustrating as every time the host emails the saves all message settings reset to the default. Also things like convoys can also be reset and switched off.

There should have at lest been a quick fix for this, it is most disapointing from paradox to not have a fix for this. A few years ago paradox would have had a fix for this in a week or two. Its been months now. There support or games is slipping.