• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CSABadass

DV Mod Maker
49 Badges
Jan 16, 2003
forum.paradoxplaza.com
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Empire of Sin
  • Empire of Sin - Premium Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
Hey, haven't you heard? This mod's old hat, Daddy-O! Try the new improved way cool version Deo Vindice at the links below:

Last edited:
Nice!!!!

I downloaded this mod for HoI2 and liked it a lot. Do you plan on expanding the events into the late 40's and early 50's now that Doomsday offeres those extra years? Seems like there would be a lot of potential in regards to USA/CSA/USSR relations at the start of the Cold War.

Damn

Mine froze up to.
Do we need the 1.1 patch??
Or do we not want it?

americafuhrer said:
Mine froze up to.
Do we need the 1.1 patch??
Or do we not want it?

The mod was designed for use with the 1.1 patch, so if it's missing, that's the likely source of your troubles. I'd do a clean re-install of DD, patch it, and then install the mod.

If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll put what limited computer skills I have on the problem.

Shonison said:
I downloaded this mod for HoI2 and liked it a lot. Do you plan on expanding the events into the late 40's and early 50's now that Doomsday offeres those extra years? Seems like there would be a lot of potential in regards to USA/CSA/USSR relations at the start of the Cold War.

Thank you very much for the compliment!

I have been thinking along those lines--I just need some more free time to turn thought into action. The next version of the mod should have a few new late 40s-early 50s happenings in it.

I will certainly check this mod out as it sounds great. The chance to defend Dixie in a game sounds like a lot of fun. I will always make my stand in Dixieland and will do so in the future as the empire crumbles with its decadence. Thanks for this mod CSA brother.

God Save the South!

Mo Reb

Deo Vindice

Last edited:
CSABadass said:
You're very welcome--hope you enjoy the mod!

I have a question. Where is the 12th Confederate state??? Missouri should be in the CSA in your game also. While it is true that Mo. did not initially secede, it did so with the elected officials after lincoln made war against it's people. On November 28th 1861 it was officially admitted into the Confederacy.
Here are some facts about Missouri's confederate history:

*St. Louis was put under martial law by Federal authorities on August 14, 1861. It was extended across the entire state of Missouri on Aug. 31st. and remained in force until the end of the war.

* More than 2/3's of Missouri's white population were of Southern stock, while in St. Louis 65,000 free-thinking German immigrants formed a core of Union support.

* Missouri is the State with the third largest number of engagements (1,162 battles and skirmishes) fought during the Civil War. (only Virginia and Tennessee had more.)

* Victories at Wilson's Creek and Lexington encouraged Gov. Claiborne F. Jackson to call a special legislative session in Neosho. The pro~Confederate politicians passed an Ordinance of Secession and the Confederate government recognized Missouri as the 12th Confederate state.

* One of the 13 stars on the Confederate flag represented Missouri, this being because the Confederate States of America Congress admitted Missouri to membership on Nov. 28, 1861.

* William C. Quantrill was the most notorious Missouri guerrilla captain. His band was the largest and the most active. He received a captaincy in the Confederate Army in August of 1862 for helping capture the town of Independence, Missouri and the Union forces garrisoned there.

* Claiborne Fox Jackson was the only sitting governor to lead troops into battle during the Civil War (at Carthage, Mo.).

* Maj. Gen. Sterling Price's 1864 Missouri Expedition was the last major campaign west of the Mississippi during the Civil War, it being the longest cavalry action of the war, lasting over 3 months and encompassing over 1,500 miles. He fought in 43 battles or skirmishes and destroyed an estimated $10 million worth of property.

* The Battle of Wilson's Creek on August 10, 1861 would mark the second major Confederate victory in the Civil War.

The main reason that Missouri chose not to secede at first was because of what happened in Maryland with the arrest and imprisonment of their legislators. With such a large federal fore building near them and their awkward geogrophy she was in a bad prdictament although she chose not to let Missouirians to take up arms against its southern neighbors. That was when Lyons (grrr) conducted the Camp Jackson massacre. Federal troops made war with Missouri and forced her into the confederacy, but a partner none the less. Missouri suffered a lot during the war with many crimes against her people. Many, many towns were burned to the ground by union forces including my favorite, Emminence, Mo. As far as I am concerned to not include Missouri in the CSA is an insult to all the people who wore grey(40,000 known and as many as 100,000 including raiders and guerilla combatants) and the state officials who chose to make a stand against an unconstitutional war.

In the game there is no way that the CSA would have given up Mo.They don't call a large portion of it Little Dixie for Nothing! Sorry but as it is I find it hard to play. We still fly the battle flag of the south around these parts and do so proudly.

sorry so sloppy...was in a hurry

Thanks
Mo Reb

Last edited:
Missouri_Rebel said:
I have a question. Where is the 12th Confederate state??? Missouri should be in the CSA in your game also.

As stated in the Read Me file, my take was that both sides wanted a defendable border that also reflected military reality (if that's the word to use in an alternate history mod). Missouri juts like a dagger at the heart of the Union, and I just don't see it handing said blade over to their rebellious Southern cousins.

The North certainly wouldn't have surrendered control over a state after occupying it without challenge for more than a year--not to mention how the (then) largely pro-Union population of the state would've reacted at being handed over to the South without another shot being fired there.

Everyone had to compromise at my fictional war's end. The South got Kentucky and western Virginia; asking for Missouri too is just begging the Union to "bring the other hand around from behind its back" (to quote Shelby Foote).

Besides, in this mod, you can beat up the Union and take back Missouri yourself if you really want it. :)

Or you can just mod the mod. Edit two lines and the Show-Me State's all yours. Be happy to tell you how if you don't already know.

CSABadass said:
As stated in the Read Me file, my take was that both sides wanted a defendable border that also reflected military reality (if that's the word to use in an alternate history mod). Missouri juts like a dagger at the heart of the Union, and I just don't see it handing said blade over to their rebellious Southern cousins.

The North certainly wouldn't have surrendered control over a state after occupying it without challenge for more than a year--not to mention how the (then) largely pro-Union population of the state would've reacted at being handed over to the South without another shot being fired there.

Everyone had to compromise at my fictional war's end. The South got Kentucky and western Virginia; asking for Missouri too is just begging the Union to "bring the other hand around from behind its back" (to quote Shelby Foote).

Besides, in this mod, you can beat up the Union and take back Missouri yourself if you really want it. :)

Or you can just mod the mod. Edit two lines and the Show-Me State's all yours. Be happy to tell you how if you don't already know.

I sure hope those of southern stock would consider Missouri and all her confederate soldiers as part of the struggle for constitutional goverment as our founders saw it. I know I do and always will.

Would it be possible to only hand over the bottom 2 of missouris provinces? A line at the Missouri river would be a good defendable position for both goverments. Can you tell me how? Thanks. BTW...I do appreciate the mod.

Missouri_Rebel said:
Can you tell me how? Thanks. BTW...I do appreciate the mod.

Easiest way to do it is to start the mod, and immediately save the game once it gets going, right at the start. Exit DD, then open up the EUG file in the mod's save games folder.

Missouri consists of 4 provinces: Cape Girardeau (#687), Springfield (#688), St. Louis (#689), and Kansas City (#690). Do a text search for the numbers of the ones you want to change ownership. Once found, delete them from the USA's list of controlledprovinces and add them to the CSA's list.

If you want Missouri to be solidly in the South, you also need to repeat the procedure for both countries' nationalprovinces list. Otherwise, the USA will periodically demand to get its territory back.

That should do it. If it doesn't work, just email me an unaltered EUG file and I can do it for you.

CSABadass said:
If you want Missouri to be solidly in the South, you also need to repeat the procedure for both countries' nationalprovinces list. Otherwise, the USA will periodically demand to get its territory back.

Do I still have to do this if I only want the 2 southernmost provinces i.e. Cape and Springfield?

CSABadass said:
That should do it. If it doesn't work, just email me an unaltered EUG file and I can do it for you.

I might just do that if it's not too much trouble. Not too familiar with editing anything. I'll look for the EUG file now.
Thanks again. Mo reb

sorry but there is not a file in the save game folder except a temp file. In scenario folder there is a file called SRTDD.eug but I cannot open it. Is this the right file and if so could you pm me with your email. Board says I cannot access your public profile.

Mo Reb

I think you would want to email the CSA and USA INC files (in the scenario folder) not the EUG..

Paternal Autocrat USA?

CSABadAss - how did you deal with the Lend Lease and war with Japan events for the US - do they remain unmodified? (Apologies - I'm stuck at work so haven't had a chance to try your mod yet)

I'm asking because I'm interested in a variant for CSA/UK play where the 1933 Business Plot succeeds and the US gets a Paternal Autocrat government. Main consequences would be a cancellation of any UK or Soviet Lend Lease and a progressive closeness to Germany, with some nice wrinkles like Japan possibly joining the allies and the Nat Chinese joining the Axis. Should make for a very "interesting" game for any of the Allies, or indeed Russia.

Horza said:
CSABadAss - how did you deal with the Lend Lease and war with Japan events for the US - do they remain unmodified? (Apologies - I'm stuck at work so haven't had a chance to try your mod yet)

I'm asking because I'm interested in a variant for CSA/UK play where the 1933 Business Plot succeeds and the US gets a Paternal Autocrat government. Main consequences would be a cancellation of any UK or Soviet Lend Lease and a progressive closeness to Germany, with some nice wrinkles like Japan possibly joining the allies and the Nat Chinese joining the Axis. Should make for a very "interesting" game for any of the Allies, or indeed Russia.

Your mod sounds very cool. Can't wait to see it!

In the current version of my mod, there are no Pacific Theater events that effect the CSA. Since the Confederacy doesn't have a Pacific Coast, it makes it *very* difficult to fight in Asia (trust me--I tried, and nearly broke the Southern economy trying to build enough convoy ships to keep its forces in supply).

Also, the mod's backstory dictates that the CSA focus its resources on saving the British, and the events reflect this Anglocentrism. It was my assumption the affairs of Asia matter little in Dixie.

All I did with Lend/Lease was rename it, and make it available to just the British and Soviets. However, in the next version of the mod I am going to change the offsets. Right now, the event just fires way too often for the CSA's industry to keep up with, and the forced refusals are hurting relations with the UK to an unrealistic degree. Not sure what the new offset figure will be (still testing), but it will get changed in V1.1.

Godspeed on your mod. Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

CSABadass said:
My email is at the top of this thread--csabadass at yahoo.com. Just send me a mail and I'll send you back copies of the modded mod files. That'll get the land where you want it--I'll leave it to you to explain how Harry Truman (and other Missourians) still wind up on the Yankee side. :)

I appreciate the help a lot CSABadass. I hope I didn't sound ungrateful in my earlier post as that was not my intention. Looking forward to getting the file back from you so I can kick some Yankee Ass! and maybe the world too. :rofl:

Mo Reb