• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Spitfire_Pilot

Canadian Nationalist
Jun 18, 2005
ok i know i have three AARs on the go but this one ill be focusing on for a bit before i continue my other 2. This is a mini AAR about the korean war from the POV of the south korean side. So ill post the update in a minute. Enjoy !

Chapter 1 : A Split Nation

Ruled by the Japanese for many years, the people of Korea were in celebration when the offical Japanese surrender to the Americans was announced. The Koreans now begian to build up thier damaged country and souls from the agressive Japanese occupiers. But little did they know that thier troubles were just begining.

After the Japanese surrender, the United States and the Soviet Union agreed to divide Korea along the 38th parallel and that Japanese forces north of that line would surrender to the Soviet Union and those south of that line would surrender to the United States. The peninsula was effectively divided into zones of control in the North and South under the administration of the two major powers. However, the USA did not consider this to be a permanent partition. After the partion the two new countries were formed. The People's Republic of Korea or North Korea, and the Republic of Korea, or South Korea. New elections were set up and Governments were installed. The South democratic while the North, Communists.

ogano5.jpg

ogaq0g.jpg

South Korean President, Syngman Rhee

ogaqn9.jpg

North Korean Dictator, Kim Jong ll

In the early hours of June 25, 1950 North Korea struck across the 38th parallel and 135,000 troops crossed the border. The Northern government claimed that South Korean troops under the "traitor" Syngman Rhee had crossed the 38th parallel, and thus the South had started the war. Advised and equipped by the Soviets, with 150 T-34s, and huge reserves of manpower, their surprise attack was a success. At least two thirds of the Korean Army, a paper force of 38,000, were off duty at the time, leaving the country open to attack. North Korea attacked at many key places, which included: Kaesong, Chunchon, Uijongbu, and Ongjin. Within days South Korean forces, outnumbered and out-gunned, were in full retreat. Seoul was captured by the North Koreans on the afternoon of June 28.

ogb41z.jpg

Several South Koreans move away from thier villages near the border.

ogazae.jpg

PRK soldiers march into South Korea

South Korean Forces continue to defend for as long as they can. UN soilders, and US forces have promised to arive in a short time to assist the ROK troops, but time is a factor, and it wont be long before the South is conquered, unless the US can get there in time.

Last edited:
I'll be watching this one. :)

lol did I...didnt know you had the idea. Ive been thinking about it for about a week now but i just didnt find the time to start it. Oh and look out for an update later tonight

lol i didnt steal your idea. You used North Korea in MDS, while im using South Korea in a scenario. :p

Nice start (and does it realy matter whom had the idea first? Just write!)

Chapter 2 : The Government and Army Retreats

The invasion of South Korea came as a complete surprise to the United States and the U.N. In the preceding week Dean Acheson of the State Department had told Congress on June 20 that no war was likely. Truman himself was contacted hours after the invasion had begun; he was convinced that this was the beginning of World War 3.

ohjns5.jpg

The South Koreans, un-aided fought well, but despide the large difference in numbers and equipment, the South Koreans were forced to retreat from the border and closer to the coast line of South Korea.

ohiwau.jpg

The South Koreans, badly damaged from the surprize attack start to regroup for a counter attack in the capital Seoul. But the attack fails because of the NK forces superior numbers. Finally on July 5th, 1950 Harry S. Truman, President of the United States, sends an expiditionary force to Gwangju to assist the South Koreans. An alliance is soon formed and more US, and UN force are promised to be on thier way, but Chunchon is captured days after the US arrives and intell reveals the the next target is Gwangju. The North Koreans, wanting to speed up thier conquest of Korea, attack Gwangju but are sent back by brave South Korean soldiers, which do not intend on letting the Communists overrun the country without a fight.

ohjok8.jpg

NK forces attack Gwangju

ohjpeq.jpg

ROK (Republic of Korea) Forces quickly move to defend Gwangju

With Gwangju safe untill another NK attack which is inetivable, The ROK forces split up some of the divisons. Enough to send some troops to defend Daegu from NK attack. With the US also supporting the troops at Daegu, the Korean war stands still for now. But it wont be long before the North Koreans attack agian, SK forces suspect the next target will the least defended city of Busan. The SK forces assume that the NK will want to attack Busan to stop US shipments to the South. So the SK divisions pull back to Busan to defend.

The Fate of Korea is in the hands of the South and the US. Will the South Koreans fall, making the South Korea the smallest state in the Peoples Republic, or will they manage to unite Korea under the Democratic wing. Keep watching to find out.

I like it!

Where is that Korean War scenario?

its the cold war scenario one. Check the Moddification fourms or find Lt.Hilsdorf (he's the maker of it if im not mistaken.).