• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Spitfire_Pilot

Canadian Nationalist
Jun 18, 2005
ok this is probaly the first Newfoundland AAR ever !. So ill post an update after supper. So feel free to post comments before the first update. :)

Nw Foundland....right....cool! Looking forward:)

Chapter 1 : An Independance Movement

During the 1930's the drepression was still around and many people were still unemployed, and low on money, many of them had no houses and furniture. This was also happening in Newfoundland, Many of the Newfoundlanders were unemployed, and low on income. Which made some of them turn to fishing to make money that way, and to go to the North near Labrador to hunt seal in on the ice. A dangerous career.

sealhuntingpc2mv.jpg

By 1933 Newfoundlands income was low and the people felt that the British have lost attention and concern for thier colony of Newfoundland. Given the oppertunity they had three choices. They could join Canada and become a new province, They could join the United States and become another state, or they could stay with the British Empire. The joining of Canada or the U.S seemed like a good idea since Newfoundland knew that they would get more attention from the U.S or Canada then England.

But many Newfoundlanders wanted a forth choice. They wanted to become an independant country and then they could worry about themselves insead of being monitored, or controlled by another country, or Government. So in 1935, the Newfoundland Independance Movement ( NIM ) was created and they declared war on England, and begin attack British bases in the region, and capturing British ships docked in Newfoundlander Ports such as Saint Johns, and Port Aux Basques. This is one report from a British sailor stationed in the capital of Newfoundland, Saint Johns.

It was about 7:30 in the morning and we were enjoying a nice breakfast of toast, then right in the middle of Breakfast, i hear one of our ship bells ringing. Most of us didnt pay much attention to it though as we were quite into talking about our home towns, families back home and our ladies. But then one of the Officers stationed on the ship ran into the caffiteria, and yelled " Whats going on, come on were being attacked get to your stations and defend the ship ". Most of us were confused, as who would attack Newfoundland, we werent at war with anyone at the moment. But then as i ran to my position i found out that we were being attacked by civilians. I was completly surprized ! Most of the civilians had old hunting rifles and shot guns. We tried are hardest to stop the attack but...we couldnt stop it they had to many militia. We were overwhelmed by the numbers. I managed to escape by changing into my civilian clothes and blending in. But most of my comrades were captured.

britishshipwillesden0or.jpg

British ship explodes after NIM Militia destroy it with explosives.

By January 1936, British occupation in Newfoundland was gone and England could monitor the area as much as they were also busy in the Palistine fighting liberation and militia groups in the area. So the British allowed the Newfoundlanders to become Independant. So January 3rd, 1936 Newfoundland became a new country, with Labrador as one of its national Provinces.

mapnewfoundland8xm.gif

Next Chapter : Building of the Army and Industry.

Newfoundland, hmmmm.....

but really :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Good idea. Can we see screenshots?

ok ill post some screenshots in a few minutes.

OK here are the screenshots for what i have so far.

n4xkhu.jpg

Newfoundland and Labrador.

n4xksg.jpg

The Newfoundland Government. (I have to find minister pictures and tech teams, might use commonwealth ones like enfield arsenal, de haviland, etc. and )

n4xmhl.jpg

And the capital, Newfoundland :p

Nice start. :) Are you going to conquer the world?

yeah i was thinking of fixing the ic just a bit not as much as in my argentina aar but enough to acually be able to build a division. :p